Haro 1999 T-Bone Prime BMX Bike

1999 Haro T-Bone Prime, BMX

Submitted by Jesse Hatfield a Racer from Arvada

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2002

Strengths:    frame and bars

Weaknesses:    rims hubs cranks sprocket brakes and chain

Bottom Line:
this bike is awesome after you get the right parts chain streches way easy bad hubs that come with the bike all around awesome super light and durable

Favorite Trail:   sky high bmx park

Purchased At:   foothills schwinn

Similar Products Used:   haro t-bone choice

Bike Setup:   jackhammer bars dx chain dyno grips haro rims and hubs

Submitted by previous reviewer a Racer from Moraga, CA, US

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2000

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    everything

Bottom Line:
Been riding this frame for who knows how long and I must say, I shoulda just bought the single frame instead and strip it down and weld it everywhere the first day and add gussets. Nothing the came with the bike survived, NOTHING. After the cracked the frame, tried sending it back to Haro but since Haro is the worst company in the world, they told me the warranty was void. I even lied to them that I cracked it racing(what the bike was meant for) so that the warranty would kick in. Well, anyways, screw Haro, and never buy anything from them because Haro sucks.

Purchased At:   Copelands

Bike Setup:   Haro unpainted T-Bone Prime with a completely re-welded rear triangle. Profile 3-pc cranks, Atomic Aircorp pedals, Tank headset, Answer Aluminum fork, Gary Fisher stem(got for free), S&M Slam bars, ODI Ruffian Grips, no brakes, KMC black chain, Sharp Race Sprocket, Atomic rims from 98, TNT Revolver hubs, Primo Dirt Monster front and Wall back, IRC tubes, no-name seat post, taped up/padded over and over again S&M seat.

Submitted by Hoi Cheng a racer from Moraga, California, USA

Date Reviewed: March 2, 1999

Bottom Line:

Ok, this bike is totally cool!!! The pedals are hella sick and feels like they're connected to your shoes! I bent the sprocket on the first day I got the bike so I think you people out there with this bike should get a new sprocket! This bike, when you knock on it, it feels like wood but it's hella strong. I dirt jump with it all the time and hell, the bike is still in good condition, only my back wheel is slightly out of alignment. The tires have bad traction, when it's wet and I turn, the bike slips and I fall. The handlebars are very wide so I cut them. I striped the stem already though. The grips are falling apart. The brake lever broke and snapped in half. So in conclusoin, the bike is a ok bike but i like it but all the parts on it are crapy besides the wheels and frame!