Home | Reviews | BMX Bike | GT

GT 2001 Performer (Mag) BMX Bike

Submitted by dustin from sterling heights, MI, USA

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
The GT Performer's design is awesome. The performer I own, which I believe is a 2001 model, is a little heavy but there are things you can take off or things you can do to the bike to make it lighter. I also own a GT Jamie Bestwick Pro 2001 model and it is very heavy, heavier than my Performer. That's why I am using my Performer, cuz it's a little lighter. The 2001 model Performer is assembled with stealth mags (which look cool), but I prefer spokes. I just took the spoke rims off my Bestwick and put them onto the Performer frame. The back rim on the bestwick spoke wheel is an over-sized axle, which will not fit on the Performer frame. I had to customize it to fit. I also put the Bestwick handlebars on the Performer, along with the seat. The Perormer looks even better from what it used to look like. I am planning to switch cranks too, cuz the crank on the Performer is a little bent from use. The Performer has done me good whether I ridden street, dirt, and flatland. I would recomend this bike if you are an all-around kind of rider. I have had this bike for over 4 years now and it has not yet fallen apart, even before I recently customized it. The pice was around 400 back when I bought it, but the price now probably is a lot lower. Buy it!