Home | Reviews | BMX Bike | GT

GT 2001 Mach One BMX Bike

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Chris a Weekend Warrior from Hell, Mi, USA

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2009

Strengths:    strong, light, fast, very good price. This bike is sexy, when the ladies see me cruisin down the road they start screaming and taking their clothes off, when i wheelie they get wet! when i bunny hope they bend over! its amazing.

Weaknesses:    people who buy this bike and dont ride it

Bottom Line:
if you want the best bike money can buy this is your GT. If you want ladies to get naked when they see you ridin dirty this is your bike BUY IT

Favorite Trail:   The bunny trail

Similar Products Used:   haro

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by bradley bovee from florida

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2007

Strengths:    it has strong rims although i put on alex rims on.also i love the three piece crank.

Weaknesses:    ME when i bust my @$$

Bottom Line:
I LUV IT

Favorite Trail:   anywhere

Purchased At:   pawn shop

Bike Setup:   all stock other than the alex rims.

Submitted by Collin from Omaha

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2006

Strengths:    Strong, Lastable, Sturdy, Light frame!

Weaknesses:    NONE!!!

Bottom Line:
I have had this bike since 2001... Thats 5 years ago. I still ride this bike atleast 3 times a week. This is the best bike I have ever had. A+++++ to this GT!

Similar Products Used:   GT power series 1.0

Submitted by Brett Johnson a Racer from Bozeman, MT, USA

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2004

Strengths:    it rides well and i havent had too many problems other than some manufacture defects.

Weaknesses:    my cranks had many problems in which i had to bring it in to the shop about 7 times and my sproket kept getting loose and making the chain fall off. so GT gave me new cranks and messed around with my sproket and i havent had trouble since then.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is that the bike is a really fun ride and i think its worth the money overall.

Favorite Trail:   none

Purchased At:    The Round House

Similar Products Used:   GT Interceptor (2001 Version)

Bike Setup:   GT Mach One(2001 Version)

Submitted by Hunter a Racer from Orlando

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2001

Strengths:    Very fast 3-peice crank, overall lightness is very good. Very strong and reliable.

Weaknesses:    The seat post breaks and bends very easy. I would recomend buying a Oddyssey Jims Beam seat post from www.DansComp.com

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. Before this I had a 1997 GT Interceptor.
The Mach One has a light 3-peice crank, 3-peice bars, etc.
I ride about 5 miles a day on it. I ride Freestyle at least 5 days out of the week. I have slammed that bike off a 7 stair gap and didnt bend the rims ever, I have bent the seat post. Their is only 1 small bend in the rim which came from me trying to bunnyhop over a 3 foot long, 2 foot high concreate gap. I now have the Odyssey Jims Beam seat post. I have never bent it at all. This is a very strong and reliable bike. I have never had the chain pop off either.

Favorite Trail:   Mission SkatePark

Purchased At:   The Rite Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Gt Interceptor

Bike Setup:   Dk Iron Cross chainwheel, Dk Iron Cross pedals, Oddyssey Jims Beam seat post, Oddyssey Buisness Class Seat, Dk Iron Cross grips, Oddyssey Hazord Hubs and Hazord Lite Rims, Oddyssey Jpeg pegs.

Submitted by Booster the Rooster from Ca

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2001

Strengths:    3pc crank, good v-brake, fairly light, light front end for a "race bike", low price

Weaknesses:    crappy handlebar, crappy wheels, pedals are a total joke

Bottom Line:
A good value, but you'll grow out of it if you want to do any really fast trail riding, and its just not a race bike unless you are just awesome and fast. I don't know why, but the front end really plows even when I'm on the rear brake. NOT confidence inspiring in loose stuff at all. It's alot of fun, not heavy, and cool for little jumps, but it is not for the advanced rider.

Purchased At:   Local shop (on sale)

Bike Setup:   stock except for some diamondback platforms. i make sure to keep all the reflectors on, too!