Home | Reviews | BMX Bike | DK

DK 2001 6-Pack BMX Bike

4.38/5 (13 Reviews)

Submitted by Ryno a Weekend Warrior from Tucson, Arizona, United States

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2010

Strengths:    tough as hell (rode for more than 9 years!)

Weaknesses:    wheels, cranks, stem

Bottom Line:
My mom bought me this bike when I was 15(in 2001) and it still rides. the only thing I dont like is the overall weight at 33 lbs its almost 10 lbs heaver than most new bikes these days. plus now all i ride is street and the dirtjumping geometry makes manualing a chore sometimes. i plan on upgrading to a new Verde Cadet or Eon. but im going to strip this frame down and build a shrine for it because it is unreal how much abuse this bike has taken over the years!

Favorite Trail:   kleindale and alvernon wash/skatepark

Purchased At:   Celestial Skatepark

Similar Products Used:   DK General Lee

Bike Setup:   stock cranks and front wheel, everything else is Kink or S&M, flat brown paint

Submitted by Jen from Shrewsbury, MA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2006

Strengths:    When the bike come stock, it's a great way to begin and upgrade later. When I first got into BMX, I wanted a lighter bike that I could use on street and dirt. The frame is tough and will hold up to a lot of abuse.

Weaknesses:    Like I said, I got this bike a while ago and since then BMX technology has gotten much better. The first thing that I replaced on my bike was the handle bars. If you're still riding with stock handle bars then I suggest you get something much smaller. Also the axel size was short, so adding pegs might be hard. The '01 Six Pack came with one piece cranks which I switched out for three piece ones. Also, once you get more comfortable with dirt jumping and getting some air, you'll start to notice the small rake angel of the bike. And since the bike frame is so light, you'll find yourself drifting.

Bottom Line:
When it all comes down to it, it's a great bike to begin with. You'll have to upgrade parts, but isn't that with every bike? By now, I'm sure the new 2006 DK Six Packs are better. They're coming with 3 piece cranks, pegs, and probably better handle bars not to mention small chain wheels. However, if you're looking for a light frame to throw around whether it be on dirt or street, the Six Pack will do the job in both areas.

Purchased At:   Eastern Boarder

Bike Setup:   I have a new set up completely.

Submitted by Brice a Weekend Warrior from Corrales,New mexico

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2003

Strengths:    Everything if you want a complete buy this bike

Bottom Line:
If you want a bike buy this and and mark why havent i seen you b4 i bought the bike in the same spot as him ride the same trail as him but havent seen him

Favorite Trail:   Duke city,UNM,Skatewave park

Purchased At:   Abc

Bike Setup:   Dk all the way

Submitted by Andy Decastro a Weekend Warrior from Taunton ma. us.

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2002

Strengths:    So far so good hasnt realy done me bad

Weaknesses:    the cranks nothing bad about them but could be better.

Bottom Line:
I hate skatboarding and love to ride my bike and Dk is realy good!

and HARo sucks

Bust your skateboard and ride a bike!

pst pst pst ! $ thats were its at!

Favorite Trail:   street/skatepark and some trails

Purchased At:   dans comp

Similar Products Used:   Gt Fueler,schwin,hAro bactrailx2and they suck! compared to this

Bike Setup:   Sm&slam special bars ,poverty sofa seat,Alex triple wall rims,and 4 mutiny slick pegs,and getting new 3piece cranks.

Submitted by mark a Weekend Warrior from new mexico

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2002

Strengths:    everything the bike its self is the best street and trail

Weaknesses:    nothing its the best

Bottom Line:
its agreat bike u gotta get it i also have a dimandback juju and its a greatbike as well. allright gotta go bmx love and Puerto Ricoan pride.

Favorite Trail:   duke city

Purchased At:   abc cycles

Similar Products Used:   haro back trail matt hoffman blackmagic and dimandback juju

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by nick buchly a Weekend Warrior from yorktown,va

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2002

Strengths:    This bike is great...i love it. Its got a strong frame an holds up well for trails an mild, mild street riding.

Weaknesses:    The crank, pedals, grips, and the seats easily torn.

Bottom Line:
This isnt for the 6 pack its for the 8 pack. There were no reviews for the 8 pack available. Bottom line...great bike for a great price.

Favorite Trail:   tabb lakes jumps

Purchased At:   hdk cycles

Similar Products Used:   hoffman dirty one thirty, dk fury, schwinn predator

Bike Setup:   dk iron cross grips(love em), pryme bars,990 brakes and levers, im saving for a profile 3 peice crank and i have a new seat post and seat that i havent put on yet.

Submitted by JEDI JIM a Weekend Warrior from space

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2002

Strengths:    Excellent strength and stability, an able bike for an able rider

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
this bike has the throne it is the best bike you can purchase.
This bike has every thing you want gyro, tecktro's
head set Pukka!

as i have said before
an able bike for an able rider

peace be with you

Similar Products Used:   Dyno gloves Red small

Bike Setup:   forks DK

Submitted by William Boberino a Weekend Warrior from smithtown, ny

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2001

Strengths:    Strong Frame and Fork, nice rims, awesome seat

Bottom Line:
This bike is sweet and a fairly good buy for the money, its got some great parts on it and will last a long time. Its 1 piece is one of the better ones i've riden in a while. Upgrade the tires and you've got a hell of a bike.

Favorite Trail:   the ones behind my house

Purchased At:   Smithtown Bike

Similar Products Used:   DK General Lee
DK Eight Pack

Bike Setup:   Real comfortable, awesome for anything

Submitted by Tom Blanshard a Weekend Warrior from Leeds England

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2001

Strengths:    The Frame is beast and can stand anything. One of the best frames i have ever ridden on.

Weaknesses:    The bike ways alot and that stops you getting proper big air of half pipes and the bars are pretty shed.

Bottom Line:
The six Pack is beast its a top quality bmx if you are intresed in dirt its a must but when it comes to street its the worst bike you can get. But overall it is a good bmx and its the strongest bike i've ever ridden. The guy who gave it 1 out of 5 doesn't know JAC.

Favorite Trail:   Woodland

Purchased At:   Chevin Cycles Otley

Similar Products Used:   DK Ganeral Lee
Wethepeople Thrillseeker

Bike Setup:   The setup is quality and it is a must for trail and dirt riders

Submitted by Brett Oakey a Weekend Warrior from Madison,WI, USA

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2001

Strengths:    The frame is one of the strongest I've ridden, and it has a good apperance.

Weaknesses:    The bike weighs way too much, witch makes it almost impossible to get big air.

Bottom Line:
Good for all riders. Best for expierenced riders because of the weight, but you shoulden't buy it if your looking for a bike that you can race on.

Purchased At:   Williamson Bicycle Works

Similar Products Used:   Haro TR 2.2
Diamond Back Joker

Bike Setup:   Baught new and kept it that way.

Submitted by Joe Bobberino a Weekend Warrior from Long Island, NY, USA

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2001

Strengths:    N/A

Weaknesses:    The Bike

Bottom Line:
I never liked the bike, even before I rode it, but when I rode it, I realized just how bad this bike is....My friend idolizes it. I dont like the frame...I've heard lots bout this line of bikes...I actually rode one, and I stopped believing all of my sources. I want to end this bicycle brand!

Favorite Trail:   The one in the Woods

Purchased At:   Smithtown Bicycle and FIttness(Crap)