Yeti Cycles 575 Race All Mountain Full Suspension

The 575's custom butted hydro-formed 7005 alloy tubes and newly redesigned rear triangle give the bike the utmost in performance. It’s tried and true modified single pivot suspension design, combine with the high grade seal bearing offer a maintenance free set up. Performance, efficiently and free of maintenance, this is a true all mountain riders dream!

Submitted by Jeremy

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2013

Strengths:    Plush descending on both fast and technical terrain
A stock bike built up like a custom bike, nice job Yeti!

Weaknesses:    Heels rub seatstays and mar paint; most likely issue go away with cleat adjustment.

Bottom Line:
Bought this bike a month ago and it has been a revelation. I had been riding a Trek Liquid 30 for the past 10 years and always been quite happy. I like to get out there and ride challenging singletrack throughout the NW where I live and it always got the job done. Last Fall, I finally got a heavy dose of bike lust after riding with a couple old friends with new bikes. After a few months of research, I was all but certain that I was going with a Yeti. Going back to the early to mid 90's they had quite an aura about them, those team turquoise and yellow ARC's were a thing of beauty.
I really love that Yeti truly offers 3 different trail bikes to choose from (in 26"), the SB66, 575, and ASR-5. From their description, the riding style of the 575 or SB66 suited me best. I was a little skeptical about going with the SB66 for two reasons: first, the extra $600 as I was already pushing my budget, second, and most importantly, as the SB is still a new bike, I didn't want to beta test the design. I liked knowing the 575 was really at its design apex as they've refined the design over the past 6 or 7 years. Also, the single pivot design really seems like it has far less potential for service issues over the years to come.
It seems crazy to say that a $4200 bike was a tremendous value, but it really is! Compared to other mid sized and smaller manufacturers offerings, I couldn't find another that gave you as much in the build kit as the 575 Race. Even with a Santa Cruz Blur LT, SPX build, you have to spend more. So for someone wanting to get away from the usual suspects like Trek, Cannondale, Specialized, Giant, etc. you get a ton of bang for your buck and get the cool mystique.
On the trail, this thing is amazing. I've taken it out on a variety of trails so far with steep climbs, roots, rock gardens, twisty singletrack, et al, so I feel like I've gotten a chance to see what it can do, and I am blown away. On the fast descents this thing is a wrecking ball, I flip the front and rear Fox suspension to Descend mode and I can blast through anything faster than I thought possible. When the terrain is more rolling, I leave it in Trail mode and this thing flies up and down. My biggest concern of going with a nearly 6" travel aluminum bike was that I would give up quite a bit on the climbs, I am pleased to report that was not a concern. It sails up the climbs, and even with the higher front end, it stays glued to the trail better than my old 4" Trek.
The best compliment that any equipment can receive is that you don't even notice it operating. I have to say that is absolutely the case with this bike. The entire XT component group to the Fox 34 fork and Float rear shock, to the DT Swiss wheelset, all you notice is the trail in front of you and wondering what's taking your buddies behind you so long. This thing is fast, fun, and if you're looking to spend under $4500 on your next bike; this is it.