Trek Remedy 9.7 All Mountain Full Suspension

2.75/5 (4 Reviews)

If your idea of a great day is testing the limits of your skills on a bike that can take you up, down, and wherever you want to go, Remedy is your ride.
  • Tires:Bontrager XR3 Expert, 26x2.3"
  • Shifters: SRAM X.7, 10 speed
  • Crank: SRAM Carbon, 44/32/22
  • Cassette: SRAM PG-1050 12-36, 10 speed
  • Saddle: Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails

Submitted by Kyle Kinne

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2013

Strengths:    this bike rocks i have had no problems with this bike and I've been using it as an enduro race bike. the frame cracking problem above scared me when i first read about it so i went out and checked and everything looked normal to me. the bike handles everything and eats everything up. super stiff carbon frame means amazing power transfer. the bike is a low maintenance bike and will treat you a million times better than you treat it.

Weaknesses:    the bike does have some weird size issues on some of the parts like the 95mm bb and the 7.75 x 2.5 shock eye to eye that makes it had to change parts out.

Bottom Line:
if you want an amazing bike buy this bike. this bikes can do anything I have climbed for hours and descended for days on this bike. the carbon is super light, stiff and strong. the bike feels very nimble even in the large sizes like i ride and makes you feel stable from dragging bar in a berm or mobbing over the techiest tech. i upgraded to a lyric rc2 dh because i was doing more downhill related riding and it still pedaled great.

Submitted by Matt Chambers

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2012

Strengths:    Great suspension. Really well balanced. Bulletproof wheelset tubeless ready.

Weaknesses:    Frame cracked at the front derailleur like the other reviews. Avid brakes need to bled regularly. Bontrager tires , saddle, bar and stem had to go immediatlely.

Bottom Line:
Bummed to be without mtb only 3 months after laying down a large chunk of change to have a nice mtb.

Hoping Trek will help me out.

Submitted by Kris K

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2012

Strengths:    Climbs well, decends like a beast. Really nice and plush suspension. Can tackle anything from gravel roads to full on down hill.

Weaknesses:    I have had the excact same problem as the other review here; the frame broke at front derailleur attachment point after only a few rides. However, Trek did not decide to replace my frame, but offered me a "crash replacement" frame, but this will cost me 58% of new bike price.

Bottom Line:
Great ride, but DO NOT BUY! This could happen to any carbon frame Trek Remedy. Be warned!

Submitted by yyc_b a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2012

Strengths:    Everything. but esp. climbing (which surprised me because it's a pretty beefy bike). LOVE this bike.

Weaknesses:    Remedy 9.7 frame broke at front derailleur attachment point after only a few rides. Manufacturing flaw? The spec Bontrager tires were reported to be crap, but I didn't ever try them.

Bottom Line:
My warranty experience with Trek and Calgary Cycle was very good. Due to a shortage of replacement 9.7 frames in the summer of 2012, Trek provided a 9.9 frame at no cost to me. I'm sorry to have missed riding the Remedy during part of the prime summer weather, but I am very impressed with the replacement frame.

Favorite Trail:   Frisby Ridge, Revelstoke