Trek Fuel EX 6.5 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Wheels: Shimano Deore disc hubs
  • Cassette: SRAM PG950 11-34, 9 speed

Submitted by heds a Cross Country Rider from ipswich

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2010

Strengths:    great down hill and climes steep hills well for a full sus.find very movable on twisting corners.

Weaknesses:    tyres very loud on road and not great off road.

Bottom Line:
for the money its a brilliant all round bike,rides fantastic off road.avid juicy 3 brakes very responsive on all terrains and suspension very comfortable and the lockout is good.this bike is great for anyone wanting a rocket down hill a good climber and a all round great ride,

Purchased At:   cycle revolution

Bike Setup:   standard

Submitted by BitterOso a Weekend Warrior from Albuquerque, NM

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2010

Strengths:    durable, low-maintenance.

Weaknesses:    down-shifting has always been kinda spotty on the chainring; tends to hangon to bigger ring. also, braking cramps the heck out of my hands--might recommend an upgrade from stock brakes.

Bottom Line:
Been running this bike *hard* for 2yrs, and I really have no complaints. I've been merciless on the rear derailleur and only recently did the hanger give up the ghost. I would recommend to anyone who wrecks a lot and doesn't know much about bikes (like me)...because other than a few tune-ups I haven't had to deal with many mechanical issues. For $750 used, I couldn't be happier w/ the value...maybe a more advanced rider could pick a few things to complain about, but for moderate to easier-advanced trails, this bike won't let you down.

Favorite Trail:   Elena Gallegos #241

Purchased At:   (used)

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by steveo a Cross Country Rider from lakeland fl

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2010

Strengths:    componets, frame

Weaknesses:    tires

Bottom Line:
has held up well.replaced rear derailleur,my fault.now replacing rear hub. shifter cable came off guide after a big drop ,poped it right back on rode rest day.every bit level 4!!!!

Favorite Trail:   harp park,balm boyette

Purchased At:   trek tampa

Submitted by sneakyking a Weekend Warrior from dayton, ohio

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2010

Strengths:    RS recon fork (130 mm),strong frame, avid hydro brakes, xt shadow rear der.

Weaknesses:    a little on the heavy side, tires

Bottom Line:
This is an awesome trail bike. It has enough suspension to handle about anything and it descends like a rocket. It climbs as good as it can be expected to for the type of bike it is. bottom line: if you need a durable bike that bombs the downs and climbs the ups then this is the bike for you.

Purchased At:   kettering bike shop

Bike Setup:   stock except for WTB velociraptor tires

Submitted by stretch a Weekend Warrior from Austin, Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2008

Strengths:    Great all around trail bike. Rides great, nice components for the $$$. Good looking bike.

Weaknesses:    Like the other review. The first thing I replaced was the Bontrager Jones XR tires.

Bottom Line:
I originally demo'd a Trek Fuel EX 8.0, the set up up and geometry worked great for me.But I could not see myself spending over 2k for mt first mountain bike so I went with the EX 6.5. I am extremely happy with it.

Favorite Trail:   Walnut Creek

Purchased At:   Mellow Johnny's

Bike Setup:   Manufacturer original setup.

Submitted by mckelvjr a Weekend Warrior from Colchester, CT, USA

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2008

Strengths:    Excellent components, reasonable weight < 29lbs, beautiful ride up or down hill. This bike is comparable to the 2007 Fuel EX 8.0.

Weaknesses:    Tires could be more aggressive. Comes with Bontrager Jones XR which are XC tires. They work okay for mountain if air downed right.

Bottom Line:
All around great deal for the money.

Purchased At:   Manchester Cycle Sho