Titus ML 1 All Mountain Full Suspension

• 6061 aluminum front triangle with triple butted
  • Custom tuned Fox RP2
  • Four sealed-bearing main pivot
  • Hydro-formed chain-stay
  • Compression molded, multi-direction carbon fiber rocker

Submitted by The Grouch

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2012

Strengths:    This bike climbs like a goat

Weaknesses:    The only weakness is that Titus as a company sucks now.

Bottom Line:
This is the best bike I've owned to date! super solid going up and when I point it down , it begs for more. I'm 6"3 , 230lb , so I need a bike that can take a lickin and keep tickin.

Submitted by muddydc a Weekend Warrior from Folsom, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2010

Strengths:    Very well designed. High quality frame construction, Very good paint finish. Titus has great reputation.

Weaknesses:    None that I have encountered so far.

Bottom Line:
This has been an awesome frameset for the price. The geometry seems to suit me well. I would highly recommend this bike. The price I listed above was for the frameset only. Not really sure what the whole bike setup I have would cost.

Favorite Trail:   Gooseberry Mesa, Utah

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Titus Switchblade

Bike Setup:   Rockshox Revelation Air U-turn, Mavic 517 rims, Hope hubs, Hope Mono Mini brakeset, SRAM X7 & X9 drivetrain and shifters, FSA crankset, Controltech Seatpost.

Submitted by one_eye a Weekend Warrior from Singapore

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2009

Strengths:    Nimble in the corner, stable going downhill, Climb very well

Weaknesses:    I dun like the way the cable routing.

Bottom Line:
The bike felt more nimble than my Anthem X in corner. I am able to go downhill faster (could be due to the 140mm front travel), Climb just as good as my Anthem X. The frame is definately heavier than my Anthem X but when I was on the bike, I felt it is lighter. I have not try any 5" bike but the motolite feel really good.

Bike Setup:   Juicy Ultimate 185/160, Fox Talas 09, DT Swiss 4.2 White laced on Nuke Proof Generator Hubs, XT Crank

Submitted by Rob L a Weekend Warrior from OC, So Cal

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2009

Strengths:    Active suspension, Propedal, shorter wheelbase. It's a Moto Lite after all!!!

Weaknesses:    Haven't found it yet.

Bottom Line:
Man, never realized what I was missing. I was always against the horst link - FSR suspension (see my previous rides) but this has been amazing. The most comfortable bike I have ever ridden. The deal at Colorado Cyclist for the frame is simply amazing. The Moto Light rules!

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   K2 Proflex 5000, Santa Cruz Superlight, Blur classic and Blur LT

Bike Setup:   Med. Frame, 07 Fox Talas RLC, XO-X9 shifter/derailluers (no Shimano on this bike), RF Deus XC Cranks, Crank Bros Candy pedals, MAXM carbon post/WTB Rocket Stealth saddle, Avid Juicy Carbon, Chris King hubs, bb and headset, Nevegal/Blue Groove 2.35"

Submitted by TitanRider a Cross Country Rider from ardsley,ny, usa

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2008

Strengths:    Great Overall Package. Climbs well,handles with precision turning, handles pretty much anything you throw at it. If you want a very good bike vs. value, this is the one. Once riding I have 0 complaints about it. It comes with very good components and is at a very good value.

Weaknesses:    This bike is a good weight. Its heavy enough to stay on the ground when climbing and light enough for an easy climb. Although initially I thought it might have been too heavy, when riding all my inhibitions where eliminated.

Bottom Line:
I wanted a bike that was not a specialized or trek. I wanted something different and better. I like the fact that I am the only one on the trail with this bike and I get compliments on the bike all the time. This is the best bike I have ridden. With my other bikes, I did not have the clearance to get over the large logs and suspension good enough to keep up with some of the better riders, but now, I have no problem keeping up or leading. I'm able to ride harder, faster, and safer with this bike. I HIGHLY recommend this bike to anyone with a budget of $2000-2500.00. Spend the extra money and upgrade to this bike!

Favorite Trail:   sprain ridge

Purchased At:   bikerbob.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek Fuel EX, Specialized Rock Hopper, Kona Stinky.

Bike Setup:   I got the bike with standard setup with upgrade to sram x9 derailer and juicy 7 brakes

Submitted by jasondub08 a Weekend Warrior from Joak Park

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2008

Strengths:    I like the design..alot. It has a solid smooth feel, handles all the bumps with ease. It's even better once you learn how to dial in the terrain. The RP2 works.

Weaknesses:    Heavy for the msrp. I got a good deal on a demo from BikerBob though. It's @30 lbs. I can feel the weight when lifting it over a gate, but feels lighter when riding. Short chainstays.

Bottom Line:
If I won the lotto I would have an El Guapo & a full carbon Fuel Ex. My budget was for a single bike. It was between a new 08' Fuel Ex7, an 08' 575 demo and a 08' ML1 demo.
I liked the ride of the Trek. Especially the 08' improvements and the fact that it's a step up from x country. Never got to ride the 575 (no dealers around). It was awesome looking when I first saw it, but ended up having too much character.

It was hard to decide between the Titus and the Trek. Even after riding them both on the same trail (different days and climate).
So knowing that I would have to fork out over a couple grand, I took each out for a new test. I rode down 4 steps to flat concrete. Each time I rode faster until I was clearing all the steps. The ML hands down handled my weight better (2 bills) and felt more solid.
Prices in Ca. are way too high. I found the best deal on the internet..BikerBob.
Overall gets knocked down 1.. MSRP= OUTRAGEOUS