Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Carbon EVO All Mountain Full Suspension

Submitted by crashmatt a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2013

Strengths:    Relaxed enough for confidence on steep. Low enough BB for good cornering. Enough bounce to swallow reasonable sized rock gardens. Good pedalability all things considered.

Weaknesses:    BB30 crank falling off after a few hours. Uses 10mm key that is not common on most trail tools.
Autosag is useful once. Money should be spent on components used many times.

Bottom Line:
An amazing all-rounder and a great compromise between 140mm and 160mm platforms for a small-medium rider.

Ridden for a few days on wet steep rooty and trail centre singletrack with a good mix of everything.

I was loosing motivation to ride and was not really looking forward to getting the bike. After an hour on the bike I am now completely hooked again.

Favorite Trail:   Kirroughtree,Scotland.Anything at Les Arc

Duration Product Used:   3 days

Similar Products Used:   2003 Enduro s-works
2007 SX trail

Bike Setup:   2013 medium frame 26"

Submitted by Tjay a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2013

Strengths:    -extremely fast on a flowy/highspeed singletrack.
-rails the corners even with racing ralph in the rear
-lightweight for a light AM rig @ 24.9 lbs with No-Nic and Ra-Ra 2.25 Snakeskin
-Paint job is sick with neon green/carbon with gloss clear coat
-Very active suspension. The plushess bike I've ever ridden.
-Nimble bike for a 150mm travel

Weaknesses:    -Not confident inspiring when going down a very steep technical terrain. Feels like I'm going over the bars compared to my Santa Cruz Nickel. Maybe because of the Nickels BB height at 13.8 with 140mm fork?
-You don't want to sprint on this bike. You can really feel the rear suspension moving up and down.
-Stock fork 32/150mm. It should have been 34mm Talas like the 2013's.
-PF30. Only because I can't work on it like the GXP's.

Bottom Line:
This is for the 2012 Stumpjumper Expert Carbon Evo 26er (neon green/black).

Values Rating is 5 chillis because I got this bike new for $5300 including Ca tax and the only thing you really need to change are the stem and handlebar. It has Formula brakes, carbon cranks, X0 RD, Dropper post, etc... And I remember reading somewhere that the frame weighs in at under 5 lbs for Medium with the rear shock.

Overall Rating is 5 chillis as well because this bike is plush, nimble, fast, active rear suspension and super fast & fun on a flowy singletrack. Feels like your on a rail!

Uphill, is not xc fast like blur TRC but it's good for enduro races. When I get the Talas, I know it'll be a much better climbing machine.

Favorite Trail:   Demonstation Forest, Saratoga Gap

Purchased At:   Mikes Bike

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Blur LT 2008
Santa Cruz Nickel 2012
Santa Cruz Superlight 2012
Scot Genius 50 2009

Submitted by thanft

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2012

Strengths:    Light, stiff, great climber and amazing on descent. Super nimble and extremely fast! Great component spec although swapped out bars for carbon Havens.

Weaknesses:    A bit pricey. Not sure how I feel about the Fox auto-sag quite yet.

Bottom Line:
Best bike I've ever ridden. Never had so much fun on the trails!

Similar Products Used:   Yeti ASR-5, Yeti 575, Jamis Dakar, Bianchi Denali.

Submitted by RBrady a All Mountain Rider from Gilbert, Az

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2012

Strengths:    Lightweight, stiff, decent parts spec.

Weaknesses:    Little more travel would have been good.

Bottom Line:
My new favorite bike as of now. Changed to tubeless. Only thing I'm not satisfied w is front Fox fork doesnt seem to be as good as others available. Would have been nice to of come w carbon bars as well. Overall I'm very satisfied.

Favorite Trail:   National Trail. South Mountain Park

Purchased At:   Landis Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Foes inferno, Santa Cruz Tallboy.

Bike Setup:   Stock

(SPAM) 2013 Stumpjumper Expert Carbon Evo 29 for sale

Thanks for checking it out. Hope it finds a good home. [url=http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=81046]2013 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert Evo Carbon - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories[/url]Read More »

STUMPJUMPER EXPERT CARBON EVO R 29-- My head is spinning!

I walked into my LBS yesterday, fell in love with this bike, and brought it home today. It's gorgeous! Was having a hard time finding a lot of info on here about the model. Who has one? Like it? I hope to take here out for a good ride tomorrow if the weather straightens out a bit.Read More »

Decision Time: S-Works Stumpjumper FSR or FSR Expert Carbon EVO?

I'm retiring my 2006 Enduro AM rig for something that will climb better and not fight me as much on all the sit and spin trails we have down here in South Florida. I'm 6'6", 215lbs and am gonna stick with 26" this time around. I came from BMX and just don't enjoy the big wheels. So, I test ... Read More »

My New 2012 Stumpjumper Expert Carbon EVO

Hey guys, I just got my new EVO the other day. Here are some picture I took before I get it dirty! So far it feels a lot better than my old EVO, can't wait for my broken arm to heal and hit the trails! [IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7003/6396459187_d46c5a477d_b.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://farm7. ... Read More »