Specialized Enduro EVO All Mountain Full Suspension

• Cassette: SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed, 11-36
  • Chainrings: 36/24

Submitted by Alexi Zawadzki a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2015

Strengths:    Stiff frame. Very stable at speed. Fun to jump. Very composed at bike park or North Shore.

Weaknesses:    Poor technical climber. No longer available in XL.

Bottom Line:
I own a 2011 Enduro Evo, bought in Feb 2012. Overall, I have very happy with it. It definitely prefers going down than up. The perfect ride for this bike is fire road up and lots of jumps on the way down. Very easy to huck and flow. Great park bike. Suspension is plush, with minimal brake lock up. Not as composed as a Knolly Chili, but it's very predicable and fun to ride. Probably faster than a Chili. I love the 26" wheels on this bike.

I ride between 3-5 days a week year round in Vancouver (wet and mud), and this frame requires very little maintenance. I'm 235 lbs and this is the first bike I have not broken. I've never even replaced the bushings. They run quiet and smooth, even though my bike looks like its been to war.

I've been on the Enduro (not Evo) and I prefer the Evo. A bit slacker, more travel and more fun going down. If you've got good legs, then the added weight/poor climbing performance will be totally compensated by the great ride down.

I don't recommend this bike for steep technical climbs as the front end comes up and back end looses traction, but I frequently ride Burke Mtn. in Coquitlam, which has >20% fire road for over 1.5 km. It's not fun, but it can be done.

Not impressed that Specialized no longer makes XL. This tells me that Specialized is more interested in profits rather than it's loyal client base. My next bike will not be Specialized - a decision made for me by Specialized.

Favorite Trail:   A line

Duration Product Used:   3 years

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Heckler, Santa Cruz, Nomad, Santa Cruz Tallboy, Knolly Chilicotin, Turner Burner, Kona Stinky.

Bike Setup:   Stock - just with shorter stem.

Submitted by Diegobustillos

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2013

Strengths:    Rear suspension copies the ground without feeling dead. Lively bike. Suspension is great. Turning is very good.

Weaknesses:    Weight.

Bottom Line:
One of my favorite bikes. The bike is a great jumper, it is really easy to pop it off ledges and roots, however if you want to point and shoot through the gnar the bike will stay planted. The fork felt a little divey at times but that can be fixed. The weight is an issue when climbing but it is not too bad. Turning on this bike is really good. The front and rear suspension where balanced. Super fun bike!

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!