Specialized Camber Comp All Mountain Full Suspension

4.75/5 (8 Reviews)

A no-nonsense trail bike with just the right amount of active, independent FSR travel for everything from singletrack to bomber descents.

• 120mm-travel M4 alloy FSR frame with new suspension design and sealed cartridge bearing pivots for confident handling and smooth trail performance
  • RockShox Ario RL rear shock with adjustable rebound and lockout for steady climbs and plush, controlled descents
  • Responsive, yet stable RockShox Recon Silver TK air-sprung fork with 120mm of travel uses external adjustable rebound, Turn Key damping, and lockout for fine-tuned bump performance
  • Oversized, 3D-forged, adjustable-rise alloy stem with 4-bolt clamp for extra strength and versatility
  • Tektro Draco hydraulic disc brakes/levers with Light Wave rotors create increased control and superior stopping power for more confident descents
  • Solid, dependable Shimano SLX Shadow rear derailleur delivers trouble-free shifting and takes it easy on the wallet

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by tg a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2013

Strengths:    my first full sus, great bike, handles well on the trail and travels well over everything ive thrown it at. replaced the brakes with some avid xx but only because they were at the right price (mates rates) travel of 120 front and rear just enough without being OTT for me and all for a cut price £999

Weaknesses:    at the price i paid new, none!!!

Bottom Line:
    great bike and happy to say i feel i made the right choice for a first time full sus

Favorite Trail:   llandegla (wales)

Duration Product Used:   12-16 months

Purchased At:   leisure lakes

Submitted by Edgardo Ric Fernandez

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2013

Strengths:    the 29er took me a while to ride in Alva FL.first time on 29er&full suspension once i did the wheels just grab &rolled you have to i think learn this cool bike.Started with 2012 Specialized Hardrock 26in tires great entry level bike.The camber fits great,im 6FT i feel so balanced on bike but still have to steer the 29ers better to not clip out.

Weaknesses:    a bit heavy buy can change some things

Bottom Line:
    I think anyone who wants to upgrade and not break the bank the camber is a awesome bike im 51yrs old,young or older this is a Great Ride.

Submitted by Caspian a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2012

Strengths:    very versatile..

Weaknesses:    some people say the braking system is weak;but i dont think it is.it performs very well for me.frame is a little bit heavy.of course,what do we expect for a $1800 bike,the frame is not carbon & parts are not high-end.i'm planning to upgrade a good quality hydraulic seatpost pretty soon.

Bottom Line:
    So far so good.i'm in love with my camber.it handles very well.if you're just a cross country rider or an all mountain rider once in a while.this a good bike in its price range.climbs like a hard-tail & very reliable on a rocky downhill.if you're looking DH bike,this is not the right one.go look for something else.

Favorite Trail:   Annadel/Santa Rosa,Ca.

Purchased At:   Mike's Bike

Submitted by Nathan Samora a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2012

Strengths:    Lightweight and pliable. This bike flies into the air and up there, it is really easy to control. The brakes work great, despite people complaining about Tektro. It climbs very well.

Weaknesses:    Front fork cannot be replaced with anything larger, which made me sad a little. The front fork doesn't rebound as strongly as I would like it to. I've had problems with the chain coming off, so a chain guard may be in store. Somehow my rear shock came undone once (the black cannister at the top is screwed in) and that left me with a bottomed out ride, but it was easily fixed at my bike shop. The seat also needs to be replaced; it's like it's made forXC racing.

Bottom Line:
    Overall a fun bike that handles big hits very well and is light enough to flow over rough sections. With skinny 2inch tires like it has, though, it doesn't hold into the trail all the time, so you have to be careful. I sure do love how fast you can move on it, though, and how great it jumps. I've never complained about its handling either. It is very whippy and tight around the bends. It isn't chopped out like all-mountain or downhill bikes, so depending on your preference, think what you will. I love this bike, but if I had to do it again, I might have just forked over the additional $$$ for an enduro. I think the stumpjumper fsr is still too similar to this to pay the extra cash.

Favorite Trail:   Camp Nelson, CA

Purchased At:   Action Sports

Similar Products Used:   Trance X4

Submitted by Carmelo

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2012

Strengths:    Styling, handling, FSR rear suspension.

Weaknesses:    Stock drivetrain but it's no big deal. Same with the brakes. Budget but they perform okay.

Bottom Line:
    I've had my Camber Comp for almost a year now. It's in charcoal and silver. The only upgrade I made was an all SLX drivetrain. I thought of getting different brakes but decided not to. The standard Tektro Dracos perform very well. I've been taking it to a local trail center on a regular basis since January of this year (2012). It's very stable but quick to change direction. The stock suspension parts work well enough for me. I've been taking the jumps there and I have no complaints with either the stock Recon fork or Ario shock. The FSR rear end seems soft initially but once underway, I don't notice any bobbing under power and try as I might, I have yet to bottom out the rear end. The Camber is great looking bike that is not all show and no go. The harder you push it, the happier it is. I am hoping for an entry level Camber 29 as my next purchase but I'm keeping my Camber Comp.

Submitted by tieac a Weekend Warrior from Temecula, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2011

Strengths:    Frame, weight responsive and efficient climbing ability

Weaknesses:    stock components

Bottom Line:
    the price bar none and it's beautiful. once i need to replace my components, the upgrades will begin. i'm completely satisfied with choice over the trance X4.

Favorite Trail:   Vail Lake

Purchased At:   Wheelworld

Similar Products Used:   upgraded from 2003 K2 Sidewinder

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by allenfstar a Cross Country Rider from syracuse, ny, usa

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2011

Strengths:    Very light weight, good adjust-ability in suspension, shifts smooth under load, very responsive handling, good all around bike

Weaknesses:    no compression adjustment, stock grips wore out quickly

Bottom Line:
    great bike for the money most of the of the upgrades were to shave a little weight and improve already good handling great trail/xc bike also handles jumps very well i would definitely recommend this bike for anyone looking for a good all around mtn bike for under $2000

Favorite Trail:   the one under me

Purchased At:   advance cyclery

Similar Products Used:   test rode stumpjumper comp and trek fuel, owned a rockhopper comp

Bike Setup:   camber comp, med, easton haven carbon bars, mavic cross ride wheels, crank bros mallet 3 pedals, thompson elite seatpost, rival sl saddle, chromag seatpost qr, enduro xl lockon grips, remote lock out for recon fork

Submitted by Flash a Weekend Warrior from Michigan

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2011

Strengths:    Value. Solid spec for the price.

Bottom Line:
    I bought the bike knowing that I would swap out a few parts. Ridden stock it is well worth the price. Upgraded it is a sweet 120mm ride. I was looking for something to replace my Stumpjumper FSR but really didn't want or need 140mm. This bike fits my needs. Now I just need to get it out on as many trials as possible!

Favorite Trail:   El Prieto

Purchased At:   Central Park Bicycle

Similar Products Used:   Stumpjumper FSR, Trek Fuel EX9, Santa Cruz Heckler, Salsa El Kaboing. many others

Bike Setup:   Fox Float, fox RP2, XT shadow, Thomson post, Crossmax Enduro.

Getting a Specialized Camber Comp 29

Hello all, I am new to the forum and wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been riding mtb for about 2 years strong now. I am looking for some guidance and assistance on the size bike I should get. I am looking at the Specialized Camber Comp 29. I am between a M and L on size and can't mak ... Read More »

Help! Trek Rumblefish vs Specialized Camber Comp vs Santa Cruz Tallboy DXC

Hey! So I'm still a fairly new rider and am looking to upgrade from my current bike, a Specialized Hardrock 29er. I want to to go full suspension and try to keep it around the $2000-2500 range. I'm currently looking at the Specialized Camber Comp, Trek Rumblefish, and the Santa Cruz Tallboy DXC. ... Read More »

2011 Camber Comp (26) Upgrade

I am looking to upgrade the bike's crank set/shifter/rear mech with Shimano Saint components, specifically the M820's. This is the first time that I am upgrading the bike and I'd like some advice on how best to proceed. I'd like to convert the bike into a full-fledged ten speed. For the Crankset, ... Read More »

Suspension upgrades for a 2012 Specialized camber comp

Hi All, I've been riding my camber comp for a year now and really like the geometry of the frame and how comfy it is too ride, so I want to continue using the bike for the next couple of years. One thing about it i'm not enjoying as much is the suspension, the recon silver isn't as responsive ... Read More »

Suspension upgrades for a 2012 camber comp