Scott Genius MC Limited All Mountain Full Suspension

• Spokes: Mavic Crossmax Disc
  • Rims: Mavic Crossmax Disc

Submitted by Biking Broker a Cross Country Rider from Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2008

Strengths:    Lightest 5 inch bike you can buy

Weaknesses:    XTR shifters --I prefer SRAM

Bottom Line:
I don't like XTR as it has never performed as well as SRAM x.) in my opinion. But other than that, the bike is superb. I like the x-country geometry- yet it gives you the option to be a bit more adventuresome with the adjustment to 5 inch travel. I dont race seriously any more (I used to) but for the local series of short weekly races, the bike feels great. I raced and rode my Moots YBBeat for 10 years prior to this bike (also had a few other bikes in the garage to play with) but the Scott is the best all-rounder I've had. Not a dedicated racer, but still more than capable to go very fast- yet capable of doing epic rides on more aggressive terraine. Just a flick of the switch and you're in long-travel mode- along with the adjustable fork.
For those of us who have grown to love MTBing via cross- county geometry bikes, yet still want to play a bit on the harsher trails- this is the bike. for those into jumps, and freeriding--stay away. The carbon is not capable of much serious abuse (I know a guy who owns the same bike, and he snapped the downtube). I will say that this bike has made me a more capable rider, and its fun to flick the travel-switch as the terraine changes.

Favorite Trail:   Hardwood Hills

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Epic, Moots YBB, Trek Liquid 55

Bike Setup:   Stock--which means full XTR, x-max wheels, etc.

Submitted by derek stewart a Downhiller from england

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2007

Strengths:    none apart from cost

Weaknesses:    loads heavy slow ugly overpriced marin are far better make better build

Bottom Line:
dont buy raleigh activator better.buy marin better stronger faster lighter.scott what a crap name ugly bike it melts when it is to hot cant handle the pace.cant keep up with hawk hill which is a marin.slow slow slow bike not allrounder.heavy bike overpriced you can by better and cheaper bikes .

Favorite Trail:   point reyes