Norco Six Two All Mountain Full Suspension

3.75/5 (8 Reviews)

Marzocchi 55 ATA 2 Air fork, with 120-160mm travel and alloy steer tube - Fox DHX Air 3.0 rear shock with Boost Valve and rebound adjust - WTB hubs with Syncros DP-25 hubs and DT Swiss Stainless spokes - Truvativ Stylo GXP cranks with bash guard and - Black Spire Stinger lower roller chain guide - Avid Juicy 5 hydraulic disc brakes with 8" rotors.

Submitted by biker a Weekend Warrior from Boise, ID

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2010

Strengths:    Burly.

Weaknesses:    Fork.

Bottom Line:
This bike made me a better rider. I love it. It can handle everything from chairlift resorts to local cross country trails. I mostly ride trails and it has been perfect. Big enough to take on anything I want to throw at it. Light enough to pedal to the top of everything. Pedal bob has never been an issue. Its been ridden extremely hard and I've only had to replace a few minor parts. If I didn't get hooked up with a new bike I'd be on this for years to come. I can't recommend this bike enough to anyone looking for a cheap all mountain bike. New ones are crazy expensive but norco finds a nice balance between quality parts and affordability.

Bike Setup:   Stock 2007 Six 2

Submitted by 6-2 a Weekend Warrior from ontario canada

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2010

Strengths:    no flaws other than wheels.

Weaknesses:    wheelset-sun black eyes.

Bottom Line:
this bike kicks ass!!love it.it can eat the trail.

Favorite Trail:   any!

Similar Products Used:   first dual susp. always rode hardtail[05 tactik].

Bike Setup:   still stock...and holding

Submitted by thequiksilverguy a Weekend Warrior from edmonton, alberta, canada

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2008

Strengths:    almost like a dirtjumper

Weaknesses:    realy stiff suspention,
it's too light

Bottom Line:
A terrible downhill bike, the forks broke in the first 2 months (im only 13)they are being shipped to marzochi canada now. Crappy for the kind of riding I do. it is probably a great bike, just not for what i do. I use a large, and am 5ft 11 and weigh 160lbs, (and i'm 13)

Favorite Trail:   Rabbit hill

Purchased At:   united cycle

Similar Products Used:   kona stab delux

Bike Setup:   ????

Submitted by Callum Billington from UK, Cornwall

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2007

Strengths:    No pedal bob, don't think I've bottomed the rear out ever, good looking

Weaknesses:    The standard parts, I've customized my six

Bottom Line:
Basically this is a really good bike - if you customize it yourself because you will be disapointed if you try and use it as it comes. I got it the Six Two as a frame set and customized it and NO problems so far!

Favorite Trail:   Golspie or Wolftrax

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi Bomber All Mountain II, Mavic 729 Rims, Magura Julie Brakes (203mm front, 180 rear) Red 2.5 Michelin Tyres, Trigon Carbon Fibre Riser Bar

Submitted by Alex a Downhiller from Fernie, British Columbia

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2007

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    It's a weak frame,components suck,geometry. I don't own this bike anymore because the frame snapped...

Bottom Line:
Don't buy this bike. It will be in the shop more than it's on the trail. It breaks every time you go out riding.

Favorite Trail:   Alternate Flight Pattern

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Bow Cycle

Similar Products Used:   I've never tried anythting thats this bad.

Bike Setup:   Transition BottleRocket:66RC2X,Diablous Bars,Diablous Cranks,DeeTracks,Michelin DH Comp 2.8, Roco WC.

Demo 8II:Boxxer WC, 5th Element,Saint Everything,DeeTracks,Chris King Headset.

Submitted by Sam a Downhiller from Oregon

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2007

Strengths:    Price for all mountain ability.

Weaknesses:    Heavier than more expensive all mountain 6" bikes

Bottom Line:
I broke my back riding stunts last year and have toned down my riding by pedaling more and shuttling less. I still downhill a bit and ride small stunts so I didnt want to go any less than six inches. Mine weighs in at 37 pounds as compared to a reign or a nomad at 32. I have been changing out the pedals (spd's - flats) depending on what Im riding which is working out great for me.
Besides the weight, Im very happy with how this bike climbs; no bob. The Marzochi all mtn fork and fox air shock work well at soaking up the downhill.
Ive ridden the crap out of this bike over the last 10 weeks including a lot of shuttling through rocky trails and had no issues. Overall I highly recommend it.

Favorite Trail:   Post Canyon

Purchased At:   Discover Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   Rocky Mountain Switch

Bike Setup:   Stock, except wider bars and Kenda Nevegal Tires - 2.5 on front and 2.35 on back.

Submitted by r jehu a Weekend Warrior from wales

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2006

Strengths:    baught just the frame, very strong frame and light, great for downhill and xc

Bottom Line:
exellent frame, no expense spared building it and very enjoyable building your own bike, hopefully racing it very soon

Similar Products Used:   big hit.

Bike Setup:   hope mono 6 f&r 203mm floating, mavic crossmax 36h. easton seat bar. sram xo rear mech sram pg991 cassette, e13 srs mtx, race face evolve 40t crank. wtb 2.6 tyres, hope headset and all seat clamp skewers etc. hope mono pro 2 rear, fox dhx 4.0 air shock, Foes Curnutt XTD F1 with hub and 30mm axel forks < wow best forks ever very expensive though.

Submitted by Debra a Weekend Warrior from North Vancouver

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2006

Strengths:    LIGHT EASY TO HANDLE

Weaknesses:    SEAT SUCKS FOR WOMAN

Bottom Line:
my first full suspension bike ,being a woman wanted something light enough to still be able to climb up hill .This bike is great for both suspension kicks!

Favorite Trail:   everything on the shore

Purchased At:   John Henery's

Any six foot one or two riders on an XL Superlight?

I'm trying to figure out -- in the dumbest way, i.e., without trying the bike -- if I as a 6 foot 1, 34 inseam guy can realistically fit on an XL Superlight, 2011 model. I've got a line on a great deal for a frame. My current hardtail ride has a 24 inch TT, and my other ride is an older Gary ... Read More »

Had two issues during a six hour race, please help!!

Did a 6 hour race this weekend and I ran into a couple of problems. 1. Was feeling great up until about 4 hours into it. Then I hit a rock, foot flew out of my pedal and at that point both legs locked up with cramps. Not just any cramps, but the kind where your legs go fully paralyzed, except ... Read More »

Six Freehubs in two years... Needing something stronger.

Last year I blew through four Shimano freehub bodies. I've had some problems with Shimano freehub bodies in the past and these were obviously lower end, but still... FOUR! Now I've gone through two Sun Dirty Flea freehub bodies this year. The freehub body/cassette carrier on the Sun hub is alu ... Read More »

reign x1 vs. norco six two

Hey i am going to be getting a new bike and these are the two i am currently looking at, if i were to get the reign i would be putting 8" rotor front and 7" back, and also be putting a shorter stem on it. I ride aggressive all mountain, free ride and downhill. What do you guys think are the pros, a ... Read More »

Norco Six Two or Kona Stinky

Well I am looking to get a new bike, somewhere around $2000 thats in the allmountain/freeride area. What do you think between the norco or kona? Or any other brands I should look at? I am 6' 1" 200lbs.Read More »