Norco Fluid LT 1 All Mountain Full Suspension

4.83/5 (6 Reviews)

RockShox Lyric fork with 2 step air, Mission Control, 160mm travel, and 20mm dropouts - Fox DHX Air 5.0 rear shock - DT 340 hubs with Mavic 719 Cross Mountain rims and DT Swiss Competition spokes - Shimano XTR 2 piece cranks - Avid Juicy Carbon hydraulic disc brakes with 7” rotors.

Submitted by Shawn Feddes a Weekend Warrior from Aldergrove BC

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2010

Strengths:    - Little to none brake jack
- Good pedalling performance, especially with Pro-pedal engaged
- Nice finish and welds
- Good balance between climbing and descending performance
- Quiet

Weaknesses:    - poor cable routing for the front derailleur
- shallow and a bit soft shock bolts
- sag markers on the linkage would be nice

Bottom Line:
I bought a Norco Fluid LT1 from at a very nice price from my LBS on a year end clearout from Norco. The price was right and the medium frame fit me (at 5'11") perfectly.

Overall I've been really impressed. Coming from a linkage driven single pivot design the suspension performance while braking is noticeably better and makes for a very nice ride. It also pedals considerably better and the pro-pedal is a nice option. The bike really seems to excel in technical terrain. I was concerned the head angle would be too steep on the bike but I've found it to be perfect. The bike retains some nimbleness while being a good bike for the North Shore and all out downhills. I'm really happy with the bike so far.

I do have a few quibbles though. The cable routing for the front derailleur is sloppy. I bought the bike as a frame only but the full retail on a LT1 is a good chunk of change. Despite this the cable routing results in the cable rubbing on the frame which would wear a groove in the swingarm. I put a chunk of plastic hose over the cable here but it was sloppy on a bike this expensive.

The other complaint was the shock bolts. Its a minor detail but the shock bolts are very shallow. This results in a cleaner look at the swing arm but being the ones most likely to be tightened or loosened it seems weird that such soft bolt would be specced. Its again a minor detail and one that can probably be remedied at the local auto parts store.

But overall this is a very nice bike. It rips on the downhills while retaining enough XC flare to be taken on all day epics. This is my one mountain bike and I think that it covers enough range to make it hard to justify owning multiple mountain bikes.

Favorite Trail:   Sumas Mountain

Purchased At:   Cranky's Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Nomad
Cove G-spot

Bike Setup:   An ever evolving grab bag of parts. Juicy 7's, 2006 Fox 36RC2 with 2009 internals, XT drive train, Thompson post, Shimano DX pedals

Submitted by Not Pink a Weekend Warrior from Brisbane Australia

Date Reviewed: November 4, 2009

Strengths:    Quaility spec & build-strong,nice weight and versatile.

Weaknesses:    I've overcome the rear tyre clearence in muddy conditions by running a 2.1 tyre,so no problems.

Bottom Line:
Stunning bike,can do it all-climbs well thanks to good travel adjustments.Inspires confidence downhills,jumps and stunts,a very well balanced bike.I've done enduro races,all day epics and even dirt jump jams-nothing it can't do,only me stopping it.
It's a little expensive BUT if you can afford it,it's really the only bike you'll need.This bike you suit anyone that wants to do it all on the one rig.
I'm very happy with this bike and would recommend it to anyone wanting to have fun on the trail and not worry about whats around the bend because this bike will handle almost whatever is thrown in front of it.

Favorite Trail:   Rogers crack

Purchased At:   Action Bicycles

Similar Products Used:   Six 1

Bike Setup:   XT brakes,X0 Shifters,XT front W/ E13 bash guard,U-TURN on Lyric fork,Fox DHX 5 Air shock and Mallet C pedals.

Submitted by Rex Luthor a Cross Country Rider from North Van

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2009

Strengths:    Decent weight for 6x6. Good climber.

Bottom Line:
For the reviewer that posted he would prefer a 67 degree head angle, I just wanted to clarify that Norco published the head angle as 68 with a 535mm axle to crown. For '08 and '09 model years these all had 545mm axle to crown forks. Technically all sizes had a 67.5 degree head angle and the XL actually had a 67 degree head angle.

For 2010 this changes as I do not believe Norco has tweaked the frame geometry but I think all LT's are running Fox 150mm travel product with a 535mm or less A2C...so yes, they will be around 68 degrees for 2010, but the old ones were marginally slacker.

How's that for nit-picking?

Favorite Trail:   most

Bike Setup:   Stock LT2

Submitted by stanima a Downhiller from Eugene OR USA

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2008

Strengths:    Handling, suspension, weight, pedaling, ergonomics, spec.

Weaknesses:    Price.

Bottom Line:
I took one run on a demo day shuttle. The trail is mostly down, with 3 short sections of climbing. There are numerous jumps, plenty of berms, a few log rides, a couple rocky/rooty sections, a narrow high speed choppy section, and a few ladders with short drops, or steep rollouts.

As soon as I started rolling I thought this might be something special. It was. Everything felt right where it should be. The handling was razor sharp without a trace of sketch. The front and rear suspension matched perfectly, and were smooth as silk. The bike allowed me to descend at mach, and climb with relative ease.

I have never ridden a bike so good at so many things in my 20 years of mountain biking. This bike performed every task superbly.

I can't speak to reliability or mud capability.

I recommend this bike for anyone who has no money issues, and wants an extraordinary all around mountain bike.

Favorite Trail:   So many...

Similar Products Used:   Nomad, Blur LT

Bike Setup:   Flats

Submitted by Lee Lau from North Vancouver, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2008

Bottom Line:

See attached article which briefly canvasses the parts. Followup will look at the bike spec

Submitted by Jim EG a Weekend Warrior from PNW

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2008

Strengths:    Light and SOLID frame.

Weaknesses:    Rear tire clearance is not suitable for wet climates. A 67 degree head angle would be nice, the head angle is nit picking though, this bike is very dialed.

Bottom Line:
Killer bike. A top contender for the ultimate "one bike" quiver. Why bother maintaining a stable of bikes when you just need one?

I've owned and ridden quite of few "one bike" bikes. They are always to wimpy or to beefy, the Fluid fits right in the middle, perfect balance.

With the rear tire clearance addressed (and maybe bump the head angle out slightly) this would be a full five chilis overall.

Similar Products Used:   Spec Enduro SL 08, Spec Trail SX 07, Spec Enduro Expert 06, Tomac Eli, Litespeed Niota

Bike Setup:   Coil conversion. Built for epic trail rides to eye watering Super D's.

Norco fluid lt 6.3 vs Giant reign 1

Hey I've been biking for about 3 years now and my 2005 jamis Komodo 2 just isn't the greatest for singletrack, hard uphills and fun downhills. I have figured out that I want a full suspension bike with about 150mm of travel front and back. I've narrowed what I am looking at to the norco fluid lt ... Read More »

2008 Norco Fluid LT 1

I just listed my 2008 Norco Fluid LT1 frameset on eBay if anyone is looking for an awesome all mountain frame with adjustable rear travel. And my Fox Fork and Mavic wheelset: [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180499136595[/url] [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Read More »

2008 Norco Fluid LT 1