Mountain Cycle Fury All Mountain Full Suspension

• Chainstay length 16.5"
  • BB height 13.5"
  • BB width

Mountain Cycle Fury All Mountain Full Suspension Pro Review

The Mountain Cycle Fury is the 5" travel cross country/all mountain bike out of the MC stable. The 70 degree head angle and Marzocchi Roco TST R made the Mountain Cycle Fury a very capable climber. There was very little pedal induced bob with the platform engaged, and Marzoccchi’s multi position platform is a perfect match with the single pivot suspension design. The interrupted seat tube design allowed for easy adjustment of the platform while riding, so changes were made quickly without much effort. Continue reading →

Submitted by Marko a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2013

Strengths:    From what I know, the price is decent.

Weaknesses:    They shipped this to me with an Ario 2.R rear shock that requires a remote to free up the lock-out. It didn't come with the remote. As far as I know I'm stuck spending another $120 to buy a remote I didn't even want. Not cool. The overall matte black finish you see in the pics was misleading as well. The front triangle is a very poor gloss black, and no white graphics... just a damaged metal head tube emblem in a zip-lock back I'm expected to put on the bike myself.

Bottom Line:
I haven't even put this bike together yet and I'm not impressed with MC. This bike is a hack. The poor quality of finish, and the Ario shock that came without it's remote make it a poor value.

Favorite Trail:   Brick Works

Duration Product Used:   Zero days

Purchased At:   eBay (Crosslake sale

Similar Products Used:   Marin Shoreline Trail

Bike Setup:   Incomplete. Waiting for Crosslake Sales to fill me in on what they'll do about having to buy a remote.

Submitted by Farmer brown a Downhiller from Lighthouse point FL USA

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2011

Strengths:    Great support MC reliable !Show up at the trail
Your Mountain Cycle will never fail !

Weaknesses:    None that I have ever come across in my
Fifteen years riding Mountain Cycle bikes.

Bottom Line:
If you don't have one or your friend doesn't have one
You will never know how sweet it is !:)
Mountain Cycle since 1988, ya ! before

GT, Specialized, Spooky,Trek ,canonndale

Bike Setup:   Fox ,Mavic ,xt, MC,Hope,Azonic

Submitted by airib a Weekend Warrior from ISRAEL

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
a 3 year after review --after 2 years which was great no complaints at all (loved it actually ) ..then the rear triangle snapped on a ride -had a problems getting a new one since the warrenty was 14 days after 2 years(!!!-the MC argued with me regarding the 14 days -such poor costemer service) ,my local importer helped me out and sold me a new one he had and this one broke again yesterday -THE WORSE REAR TRIANGLE ON A BIKE EVER!!!suppose to be molded but snaps like a bad welding job , bottem line -no warrenty and the MC people wont take responsebility ..
- im on my way to buy a better frame will cost me more but at least it willcome with a SOLID warrenty .

DONT BUY THIS FRAME - ONCE IT STARTS BRAKING YOULL BE ON YOUR OWN-SPEND A FEW MORE BUCKS AND GET A FRAME THAT CARRIES A SOLID WARRENTY!!!!!

Submitted by adi a Weekend Warrior from israel

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2011

Weaknesses:    this is an update - think i had an older review - after 2 years in the middle of a ride the rear triangle just snapped and i crashed ,,i called my local importer and when he contacted the guyes in MC the said since it was more then 2 years (about 2 weeks more ) ther eis no warrenty -
my local importer helped me out and gave one for frr (thank ) and now afte r12 months the same s$%t happend again .. i searched the web and found out that this is commen- the rear triangle just snapps...

Bottom Line:
follwing this nor my local importer and the MC guyes are willing to help -im 190lb and the bike should withstand my AM rides ...
very unhaapy- going to change my frame to one that has a backup fro mthe company ..if your riding hard find another frame -this one will shurly crack and brake your hart ( and other parts if your un-lucky)..

Submitted by Hans a Weekend Warrior from Copenhagen

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2010

Strengths:    Rigid to lateral force. Perfect angles of seat and head tube ( 67 and 69 ) for all mountain use. On the way up its amazing how easy it goes - on the way down: THIS IS IT. With the 5 inch Roco TST positioned to 3-5 it is eating up the obsticles. The single pivot is strong and light in its movements. Everything on this frame seems to be in perfect harmony

Weaknesses:    Its so good that you will never ride anything else. I am considering 1 - 2 spare frames for the future, just in case.

Bottom Line:
If want the one bike that does all mountain, epic rides, semihard DH and still climbs like a monkey - THIS IS THE ONE

Purchased At:   CRC

Similar Products Used:   this is my first fully

Fulcrum Wheels Factory MTB Red Zone Disc Wheels 2010 Front 6-Bolt HH 15mm
Fulcrum Wheels Factory MTB Red Zone Disc Wheels 2010 Rear 6-Bolt 135mm Spacing
Avid Brakes Disc Elixir CR Disc Brake - Carbon Lever Front 160mm - PM - Matchmaker
Avid Brakes Disc Elixir CR Disc Brake - Carbon Lever Rear 160mm - IS Mount
SRAM Derailleurs - MTB Rear X0 Rear Derailleur 9sp - Redwin Red Medium Cage - Carbon
SRAM Gear Shifters - MTB X0 Trigger Shifter 9sp - Redwin Red F&R Pair - Carbon
SRAM Cassettes - MTB PG990 Cassette 9sp - Redwin Red 11-32
FSA Headsets Spacers Spacer Carbon 20mm 1.1/8" Carbon FSA Logo Each
Shimano Derailleurs - MTB Front XT Front Derailleur Top Swing M770 31.8 & 34.9mm Dual Pull
FSA Cranksets - MTB Team Issue XC Chainset MegaExo 2009 170mm 22.32.44t Black
(1) FSA Seatposts SL-K Carbon SetBack Seatpost 2010 Carbon - 31.6mm 350mm
DT Swiss Forks - Suspension XMC 130 - 15mm 2009 Post Mount - 130mm Black
FSA Headsets Xtreme Pro Ceramic Headset Black 1.1/8"
FSA Handlebars Riser K-Force XC Riser Bar 2010 Carbon - 18mm Rise 660mm 31.8
FSA Stems - MTB OS-115 Stem 2010 100mm 6 Deg 1.1/8" 31.8mm Black
Answer Grips Fall Line DH Grip Black/Red

Submitted by Ericmopar a Weekend Warrior from Henderson NV.

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2010

Strengths:    Climbs great.
Laterally rigid.
Good BB Height for tech riding. (14" with 140mm fork)
Weight of 7.5lbs (With RP23 shock) is very good for a bike that's this burly.
Takes standard easily available components.
Very easy to maintain.
Full length cable runs.

Weaknesses:    None that I can find, when used for all-mountain riding.
Some may find it a bit quick steering until you get used to it, but I've rolled 4 - 5ft vertical drops with no issues.

Bottom Line:
I love it!
It just works wherever you point it.
It's nimble in tech terrain, but still stable at speed.
The Fury, when fitted with the correct shocks, can feel like there is more travel than 5" (125mm).
The black anodized finish is tough. Like a black car it shows the dirt. LOLs.
It always tracks rock gardens straight and true and is easy to do a track stand on, when a person gets stalled for a second or two.
It pedals well. I never use the pro-pedal feature of the shock, except when I'm going to or from the trail on asphalt.
MC's customer service is great. My old bike was long out of warranty, but they gave me the 50/50 deal.

This is a great all-round bike. It's not quite a down-hill machine, but it will get through the rough stuff quickly when set up right.

Favorite Trail:   Bootleg.

Purchased At:   Mountain Cycle.

Similar Products Used:   Mountain Cycle San Andreas.
04 Jamis Dakar XLT 2.0. (total PITA)

Bike Setup:   All-mountain: Vanilla 32 140, RaceFace Bar, stem and seat post.
Mavic 321s, DT spokes and XT hubs.

Submitted by FURY2010 a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2010

Strengths:    Everything! These bikes climb like mountain goats and take you down the other side with no problems!

Weaknesses:    They are discontinueing the FURY!!!! What a shame!

Bottom Line:
Purchase my first Fury 3 years ago. Found out that they will not be building the frames any more so I bought a new one this year. I should out last me!!!!

Love the single pivot all mountain frame. Never had a better climbing bike. My set up weighs about 31 lbs. but with the way the thing rides you would think it weighed about 26 lbs.

The customer service at MC is top notch. Every time I call with a question end up on the phone for at least 30 mins. talking MC and rideing Southern Cali.

Hope the replacement for the Fury is just as good.

Favorite Trail:   ALL

Similar Products Used:   K2 Proflex 4000

Bike Setup:   FOX Fork and Shock, Hope Hubs and Hydro Brakes, Mavic Rims, XTR/XT Drive Train, Chris King HS and BB, Thompson Stem and Post, WTB Saddle, Easton ML Riser Bars, Egg Beater Pedals

Submitted by mc4life a Cross Country Rider from minneapolis, minnesota, usa

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2009

Strengths:    very stiff front and rear frame. The glen green color is way better when you see it up close. Rocco, enough said. cable harnesses are a great design. elevated chain stays, single piviot, simple & trustworthy

Weaknesses:    only one, not made in the USA like its older brother sanan

Bottom Line:
I've ridden this bike 8 times now and I am totaly satisfied. When this frame is teamed up with the 140 float 15qr, it is scary how stiff the entire bike becomes. My prior bike was the MC san andreas, this one is very similar but much stiffer and more travel, 5 in. The geometry along with the marzocci Rocco are unbelievable togather. It rides down hill like a 6 inch, and it climbs like a hard tail. Dont let the 140 float worry you about climbing, I did, and went with it anyway, sure am glad I did. The geometery of the frame and the single pivot make it a great climber. This bike loves to be jumped, it's nice when you can't feel the landing! Some reviews say that you can't race the fury cross country, I strongly disagree. This bike rides like it's in the low 20lb range. Don't be a NANCY when you compare frame weights, It's not only total weight, but how the bike rolls. This is truly a bike for all sitituations, all mountains. For reference, I'm 6'1' and a 34 inseam, the large fits perfect. One of the most overlooked aspects of bike buying, the companys customer service, Mountain Cycle's is top notch. MC wants all customers for life, I know they've got at least one.

Favorite Trail:   elk river #3

Purchased At:   bike bling

Similar Products Used:   1999 San andreas

Bike Setup:   Fox Float rlc fit 140, raceface cranks, sram xo rear, sram xo shift, sram x7 front, mavic crossmax wheel set, juicy 5 disc, protaper riser bars, USE alien cyclops post, sram xo cassette

Submitted by masnumata a Weekend Warrior from Singapore

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2009

Strengths:    Space Age looking sexy curves, tough as nails anodizing job;
Awesome Ride with upgrade of rear shock (came with X-Fusion stock);
Full Cable Routing;
Versatile purpose frame;
Very Strong and stiff frame;
Bloody Affordable

Weaknesses:    No bottle mount, but not very important as I use a hydration pack and I don't use the water bottle to squirt my bike after a muddy ride anymore;
Mud gets thrown onto the rear shock (Easily fixed with DIY mud flap and shock boot);
Slightly heavy with coil shock (But I'm a heavy rider at around 200lbs, so I actually welcome the extra weight for reassurance, lighter riders can spec the frame with an air shock)

Bottom Line:
Iniitially, the frame came with an X-Fusion rear shock (7.875x2.0) which resulted in a 5 inch travel rear, so I changed the shock to a Fox Vanilla R '06 (7.875 x 2.25) which upped the travel to around 5.6inches.... This made the bike really come alive, especially after I fitted a Rockshox Domain 318 at 160mm in the front.... The raised BB height also made it so much easier to clear obstacles, and this bike has become a SUPER FURY!!! Hard cornering is also no issue, as the bike feels so balanced.... That's the reason why I say the frame is so versatile - you can spec any type of shock /fork combo to your type of riding and the frame will take it!!! (Other than DH, or XC race) The only downside is that the rider cannot be too short, I am 1.74m and riding the small size frame already....

I feel that the mono pivot in a good position is under-rated after riding this bike; it just oozes fun out of everything - Berms, jumps, bunnyhopping, launching off tree roots..... The short chainstays make it really easy to bunny, wheelie and manual this beast it's amazing.....

The performance is exceptional even when it is so simple, climbing steep inclines is no issue at all with this bike even when I have such a high front end!!!

Mountain Cycle got the pivot placing spot on with this frame, and there is no pedal feedback in the middle and big chainrings; there is only stiffening up of the rear end when the chain is in the granny and smaller cogs in the rear, but who the heck uses this combination anyway.... (I also have to say that the mono pivot Tomac Snyper also rides fantastically, it feels spot on too, damn fun that frame was....)

Acceleration and riding on the road is superb, it feels like my old stumpy with 90mm of rear travel even though it's 140mm frame... It's that good.... The suspension reacts just enough to the chain tension and cancels out rider induced bob, I notice it when switching over to my friend's 130mm Stumpjumper where the rear moves when i pedal hard....

Final thoughts:
I would recommend anyone who isn't a weight weenie and rides hard.... I find that a lot of frames and components in recent times have shaved too much weight off to the point of being scary.... For example I snapped my Tomac Snyper's chainstays almost clean off while just riding along.....

Get one with a 7.875 x 2.25inch stroke rear shock and you will not regret it.... But for larger riders only.....

Favorite Trail:   The one I'm on~

Purchased At:   Eclipse Sports

Similar Products Used:   Tomac Snyper 140, Specialized FSR Stumpjumpers, Mongoose Black Diamond Series, Cannodale Rush and Perp, Ellsworth Moment, Truth, Turner 5 Spot, Santa Cruz Blur/ Blur LT, many more

Bike Setup:   Rockshox Domain 318 fork, Vanilla R 7.875x2.25 shock

Submitted by mcrumble69 a Weekend Warrior from Manchester CT USA

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2008

Strengths:    Stiff,versatile,fit,geometry,and attention to detail.

Weaknesses:    Seat post clearance can be a problem for some.
I recommend a telescoping post like a Joplin,Gravity Dropper Etc. If on a budget a Titec Scoper works very well.

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up review to my earlier one posted below.
After owning this frame for 2 years I can't say enough good things about it.
It has been dead on reliable and I have never had a single problem with it.
This is the "go-to" bike in my stable..

I consider Mountain Cycle's customer service to be among the best in the business.
They have a "Die Hard" following for a reason.

Favorite Trail:   Case Mountain

Purchased At:   Mountain Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Too many to list.

Bike Setup:   06 Fury frame,Marzocchi Z1 fork,Manitou Swinger 3 Way air shock,Etc

Submitted by robwhite a Weekend Warrior from leeds, uk

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2008

Strengths:    super strong frame,simple one pivot design, climbs really well for 5" travel and descends like a downhill bike! full outer cable runs on gears great for uk riding.

got it cheap rides really well strong dont want anything else going to ride it till it breaks or i do

Weaknesses:    none really except cheap decals

Bottom Line:
if you want a reliable strong good riding take any abuse bike buy one !

Favorite Trail:   dalby

Bike Setup:   marzocchi marathon sl forks, lx xt groupset hayes nine brakes, speedball post

Submitted by oldschooldirt a Weekend Warrior from Elizabeth, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2008

Strengths:    Burley, stiff. Climbs better than I do, decends very well. Single pivot simplicity. Unique.

Weaknesses:    No bottle holder for lights. Not the prettiest yellow. Poor stickers.

Bottom Line:
Very fun bike to ride. Have not run into another one yet. With tubless conversion, the bike weighs 29.5 lbs w/pedals.
I think this frame could be built up as a shuttle runner with a double chain ring, coil shock, Fox 36 fork and burlier wheels. As it is, it makes a great 5.5 inch trail bike that doesn't mind if it gets gnarly and rough. Oh, and good customer service. I needed new stickers after I changed the color, And they where easy to deal with and quick.

Favorite Trail:   The Face

Similar Products Used:   Yeti, Santa Cruz

Bike Setup:   XT/XTR, Pushed Fox RP3/Float RLC 140.

Submitted by jonesyxcfury a Weekend Warrior from Castleton, Ny, USA

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2008

Strengths:    Everything,
This frame paired with the Marzocchi ROCO TST R is a mach made in MTB haven! I was out for a total of 5.5hours today i took it on some rough trails, Drops from 2-6', steep as all hell cliffs and i hit some berms! On the rough trails is handled like a dream it seemed to soak up all that i through at it. The drops that i felt confident to hit were soaked right up like nothing had happened. As for the dh end it was amazing descended like it was its job and i nailed some berms it carves into them so well and you feel so confident doing so. I was having so much fun with the berms i was getting hella cocky and was damn near rubbing my knee on the ground I cant even wait to ride it again tomorrow!!

Weaknesses:    None at all

Bottom Line:
Awesome frameset don't think just buy one you wont be disappointed at the quality or performance this frameset is 110% flawless its perfect in every way shape or form!

Just call up Mountain Cycle now and order (or your local Mountain Cycle dealer)

Also just one more thing i called up Mountain Cycle and ordered the frameset and it was shipped same day and arrived a few days later. Their Customer Service is just awesome i spoke to Eric LaPointe and he was on his game. We spoke through e-mail and phone anytime i sent him a e-mail he replied in less than 5 minutes every time!

Mountain Cycle has earned a customer for life so Thanks everyone over there for making a AWESOME PRODUCT!

Favorite Trail:   Local