Kona Dawg Deluxe 2010 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Fork: RockShox Recon 335 Solo Air 140mm
  • Headset: FSA Gravity SXE
  • Pedals: Shimano M520 Clipless
  • Brakes: Shimano M575 Disc 7"
  • Seatpost: Kona XC/BC

Submitted by jbroseph

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2013

Strengths:    Shredding down hill. Steep drops. Going fast.

Weaknesses:    Climbing (its heavy, and the full suspension = slow climing) Weak Wheels. I would have liked a better fork for all the money I paid.

Bottom Line:
This bike is great if you are looking for a DH shredder that can horse its way up hill. Its a NICE bike. Great components and trail feel, BUT it is so expensive. Fortunately I bought it as a demo from a bike shop in Colorado. I do not think I would have paid full price for it. I also taco'd a wheel the first ride. Was it slightly rider error? Yes. Do I think it should have happened... Ehhhhh. Maybe. I upgraded to a studier rim and knobbier tires.

Overall if you are looking for a DH shredder that will soak up the bumps and flow like a bro. This is your ride.

2010 Dawg Deluxe Fork

Hello. Im considering a 2010 Dawg Deluxe (comming from a heckler). Does anybody thinks that a rockshok recon is a strange fork selection for the model. IMO a fox float 150 15qr or a RS revelation would be a better selection. Maybe Im wrong about the recon but I think its closer to trail than to all ... Read More »