KHS XCT-536 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Shifters: Shimano Deore Trigger
  • Pedals: Shimano PD-M505 Clipless

Submitted by Robbo

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2012

Strengths:    Great Budget package. I use it for light duty freeride. The bike soaks up rock gardens and small jumps and drops really well.

Weaknesses:    I bought the bike in a box, the bike was assembled quite poorly. Had shifting issues, the linkage came loose and ate my seat stay (paint and alli chewed out). Basically you need to check every bolt and lock tight important ones. Brakes are not strong enough for me (6'3 210lbs) if I'm over the back wheel bombing it, I cant get the back wheel to lock up wheen needed to get drifts or slide turns going.

Bottom Line:
I paid $1000 AUS for this bike in a box delivered. I use it for light freeride and XC for motox training. For the price I don't think any bike would come close to it. I'm tall and heavy and whilst not super fast, fast enough to give it a good test. besides bolts working loose, it has held up extremely well. I stuck a Kindshock dropper post on it. $1,250 all up.....can't go wrong.

Submitted by Jason a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2012

Strengths:    Does it all fairly well. Excels in single and flow. Climbs way better than it should. I suppose if you like to stand the lockout would come into play but I don't feel the need to use it. The suspension is perfect for anything less then 10ft drops to flat but hey, it also isn't mean to. Fly's straight and corners on rails. Slight flex when really getting on it. Again, I ride seat unless downhill so don't notice much. Brake work great for the price point.

Weaknesses:    Might just be me but had some trouble with chain suck. Seems sensative to dirt more than other bikes I have ridden. Still I am going to 1x soon so it won't matter.

Bottom Line:
Can't go wrong at this price. I got mine at MOJO cycles for 2180 out the door, so with our tax rate about 1999. Anyone looking to get into an all mountain bike that can do it all and isn't looking to spend 3k or more, I would definitly consider this ride. I love it. Came off a 29er hardtail. Not looking back in fact just sold the 29er. I can not see myself on anything else. You do not get the pedaling through mud feel that some full suspension 26r's can exhibit. Free, flowy, roll very well. VERY VERY predictable manners in the air and on the trail. At 225 lbs I can attest that it is a tought tight little bike.

Recommendation: Perfect for someone breaking into the FS scene! More advanced or heavy rider may find things rigid enough. But heck it barely weighs 31 lbs. X7, Deore, Sektor fork what do you want at the price point. Keep it clean and oiled. I did experience some chain suk. Will upgrade chain and sprocket when I go 1X.

Favorite Trail:   SlaugherPen

Duration Product Used:   1 Month

Purchased At:   mojo cycles

Similar Products Used:   trek marlin 29er, rocky mountain, specialized, cannondale..

Bike Setup:   Loaded stem, 2x9 with bash, other than that it is stock.