Jamis Dakar XCT 2.0 All Mountain Full Suspension

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)
Weight : 31.20 lbs MSRP : $1649.99

FeaturingThe same geometry as its carbon fiber brothers,The XCT 2 is designedTo shredTrail likeThe XCT 3 and 4, but at a more affordable price point. Frame: Kinesium alloy, 130mmTravel mp4 linkage design, cartridge bearing pivots,Tapered headTube, asymmetrical chainstays, Rock Shox Monarch RT shock with 10mm hardware, replaceable derailleur hangerFork: Rock Shox Revelation RL, Dual Air spring with Motion Control, external rebound & low speed-to-lock adjust, 15mmThru axle,Tapered alloy steerer, 1

Submitted by mike motto a Cross Country Rider from pa.

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2011

Strengths:    good componets

Weaknesses:    ive broken jamis xct2 2011 frame at seatpost top tube juntion.poor customer service on jamis.its been 4 days and have heard nothing from bike shop.great bike.poor quality

Bottom Line:
i don't ride hard or do massive drop offs.i'm 51 years old and was told these bikes would handle my weight.wish i would not have bought jamis products.is the next frame they send going to break ? I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY MONEY BACK.and buy a surley black ops.or one of the fat tire bikes and just ride real slow.jamis customer support is bad.or maybe i'll tell them to keep the bike.thanks jamis after riding for more than 20 years.I QUIT

Favorite Trail:   lake nokomixon

Similar Products Used:   2010 jamis xct2 broken rear chainstays at bottom bracket resulting in low speed separition.no injury

Bike Setup:   both bike custom set up to my weight 240lbs,cannot say enough about bike shop.owner goes to great lengths to satisfy customer and has knowledge as well as schooling to back him up

Submitted by throoper a Weekend Warrior from laramie, wy

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2011

Strengths:    Everything, basically. I love it. Kinda heavy for my 120 lbs but for the money I'll take the weight!

Weaknesses:    Back brake sometimes squeals and pulses (not sure if there's a technical term for that). Also, a friend has the same model and the frame broke 2x before he finally went with a Yeti frame. Granted he's a big dude though. Heavy tires and wheelset.

Bottom Line:
See "strengths" - I really love this bike. It handles super well, hasn't given me any problems, good on rocks/sand/dirt. Especially for half off (JensonUSA website), I am a big big fan. I've only been riding for a couple years and I haven't ridden a FS before this one, so I admit I don't have a lot to compare to. But I love it!

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   Haven't ridden a FS before - previously rode a Trex 4300 hardtail.

Bike Setup:   All stock except replaced tires with WTB WeirWolf RaceTire 2.1s

Submitted by chone_dizzle a Weekend Warrior from Fontana, CA, US

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2011

Strengths:    heavy duty and relatively light! GREAT on the downhills. Its the perfect mix of xc and am.

Weaknesses:    the Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes that came on the bike. My back brake didnt lockout. Took it in LBS where i purchased it, got bleeding and new pads, same problem, but the front seems fine.. maybe its a reject? As of now im relying on my front brake but planning on upgrading rear regardless.
the travel adjusting isnt the easiest but still gets the work done.
tires are a bit heavy but upgraded to folding bead

Bottom Line:
my first "real" full-suspension. This bike is perfect if you love to climb and still want to fly down downhill at a good speed and feel confident. The bike is truly a blend of XC and AM riding as stated and can pretty much go through anything! Planning on upgrading seatpost, stem, and handle bars. with a few upgrades the bike can easily shed some weight

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Bike Setup:   Upgraded crankset and front derailleur to shimano LX and bought platform pedals and planning on buying a new rear brake.

Submitted by JamisDan a Cross Country Rider from Delran, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2009

Strengths:    All-mountain versatility, fast downhills, confident at speed

Bottom Line:
This All-Mountain is true to the category. I feel like "Respect" from Pantera should be playing in the background every time I ride it. It gobbles up everything I've thrown at it and I've been bombing my usual single track much harder than with my 11-year old Gary Fisher XC hardtail.

This bike is certainly not light compared to my old bike, but it is light for the category. It definitely gets very aggressive when you push hard, especially on downhills. I've found that the bike stays glued where it needs to and gets air when I want it to. No nervousness or jitteryness in hard corners or descents.

I do find myself locking out the front on the really steep climbs. The Avid Juicy 3 disc in the rear feels soft and makes noise. But I have no regrets about this bike thus far. I've ridden a half dozen times in the week I've had it and I'm already impressed at the confidence it inspires on my usual trails.

Price Paid:    $2000.00