Ibis Mojo HDR Frame All Mountain Full Suspension

Quickly becoming a modern classic, the Mojo HD redefined mountain biking with a gravity-focused geometry, 160mm of travel, and a lightweight chassis. And keeping with Ibis' tradition of industry-leading innovation, the HDR builds on that bike's success by cutting a cup-of-lard from the carbon...

Submitted by rmgoff1

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2013

Strengths:    This truly is an AM bike. Climbs like a billy goat, descents are a dream (dare I say perfect Enduro Bike?) . Weight is respectable for what you are getting. Extremely nimble and playful bike. It likes to pop off every little hit on the trail. Very stable airborne. It's a very efficient pedaling bike, very minimal bob under load. You want a bike you can ride on your local XC trail and take to mountains a few times a year, this is it.

Weaknesses:    The Fox Float CTD shock. It's just ok. In Descend mode is alright. Climb is ok for going up. Trail mode isn't great, very harsh on those small things on the trial, small rocks, roots, stuff like that 6" or less tall. Which makes for the pedaly sections to be less enjoyable. But upgrade to the Cane Creek DB Air CS, problem solved, $300 option from Ibis and worth every penny trust me.

Bottom Line:
Love this bike. I rode it with the Fox shock, then later upgraded to the Cane Creek DB air, do yourself a favor and put this shock on from the get go. With the DB Air and a Rockshox Pike up front the bike is amazingly smooth, yet flip it over to climb mode you can feel the DW link tear into the trail. Climbs great, descends great, pedals very well. Once the DB Air was on the bike I can't honestly find something to complain about. With the Fox you have to push fast for the bike to be smooth. As for value, yes it's expensive but it's right in line with other frames in this 160 AM family, like the Pivot Mach 5.7.

Been on the bike for about 3 months at the time of this review. About 50/50 on this with the fox and Cane Creek shocks.

If you are thinking about this guy, buy it.

Set up:
Stand Flow ZTR Rims
KS Dropper

Submitted by Brian (Brain) a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2013

Strengths:    Great XC feel:... rock solid on all but the most stupid DH courses

Of the 100's of bike on this forum that claim to do it all this one is top 5.... seriously.... that's a conservative estimation because: although I have ridden many of the best AM bikes, none have been better than this bike. My wife and I currently own an HD and an HDR 650 (she owns the HDR and I am stuck with the HD 180..., still an awesome ride). Once in a while I get to ride the HDR. We have owned a few major brands... and ridden many of the higher AM rated bikes on this forum. We stand behind the strengths we have listed. If you are pedaling for your favorite flowey DH with moderate hits (that covers 99.9% of the AM trail in the world). This bike won't disappoint.

Also... It just looks better than any other bike out there !!

Weaknesses:    ORDERING!!!! Having ordered 2 bikes now from Ibis, I am still pis@d!!! If I order an XT setup. I expect XT brakes!!! Not Formulas!!! They suck when you have to to adjust them!!! And here's the best.... Ibis sends us tubeless rims for the HDR and NON-TUBLESS TIRES!!! The "stans" literally seeps out of the sidewalls of the tires. How do you order a $5K PLUS bike with tubeless rims and they send $15 tires???? When we asked about this, we got zero response from Ibis. Fortunately the bike shop gave us tubes so that our tires would stay filled. REALLY!!! That is just cheap A$$ customer service. I'mSorry!!! but Ibis is not paying attention to their people. I m sure they are currently on riding the wave of a design they developed 10 years ago that is just now fitting in with the AM crowd and is crossovers nicely with the 650 generation, but when i order a BIKE, I do not want a BAIT and SWITCH!!!$

Bottom Line:
Strengths and Weaknesses says it all. Although I think the ride is the best I have experienced, my wife and I will NOT consider buying an Ibis next time we want/need a new bike. If you request an XT setup you should get FULL XT!!! and not one offs!!! if you spend over $1K on a bike these days, you should get tubeless tires with your tubeless rims!!!!. AND!!....When you question the company as to why you were ripped off they should at least respond!!! All in all we are happy with the bike. I just feel like we were both expecting one thing when we ordered and received something less... and it wasn't the bike shop's fault. Hopefully, if you end up ordering an Ibis, and you will not get a bad bike, I hope they send you what you expect.

Favorite Trail:   I have built several

Purchased At:   Wattabike(best bike

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Heckler, Bronson, Blur and Nomad --- Intense Socom, Giant Reign, Cannondale (many), Cove STD, and other suckier brands

Bike Setup:   Fox RP 23 ( I will soon switch to a Cane Creek DB Coil since I have had to rebuild the Fox 2X in 2 years): XT (minus Ibis ripping me off giving me Formula Brakes). and rubber tires..