GT Sanction 3.0 All Mountain Full Suspension

2.5/5 (6 Reviews)
Weight : 30 lbs

• Frame: All-new GT 6061 monocoque full suspension frame with 6” rear travel
  • Suspension: Suntour Durolux fork, air spring, 160 mm travel; Fox Float R shock
  • Drivetrain: 18-Speed drivetrain with SRAM X-7 rear derailleur and Shimano Deore front derailleurs
  • Handlebar: Gravity riser bar, 31.8 mm
  • Seat Post: Ritchey Comp seatpost
  • Saddle: WTB Pure V saddle
  • Pedals: Crank Brothers Acid

Submitted by Samllrider a Weekend Warrior from Tucson

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2011

Strengths:    Great stiff frame and looks. bash gard very helpful. Good brakes

Weaknesses:    Fork sucks and leaked too much (performance said its normal but it was not) and travel adjuster was waste of modification!! did not work.

Bottom Line:
Too much money for such bad suspention. I still own the bike and love it after replacing with Fox fork. so far the bike has handled just fine for the trails I ride and no other issues. I could have gone for a Cannondale better or Orange Pro.

Favorite Trail:   All

Purchased At:   Perfomance

Similar Products Used:   Norco

Bike Setup:   New Fox Float 36

Submitted by Tree_Dodger a Weekend Warrior from Chandler, AZ

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2010

Strengths:    Decent brakes, shifters, derailers, wheels, handle bars and stem.

Weaknesses:    Front fork, derailer hangers

Bottom Line:
I got lucky and got one of the last XL frames for a blow out price and couldn't be happier with my purchase. I did manage to blow the rebound adjustment out of the lower fork tube and Performance got a me a newer version of my fork from Suntour under warranty and it seems to be holding up just fine right now. I'll spend $500 on a new fork in the near future and this bike will be reliable and ridable as one could resonably expect for the $ invested.

Favorite Trail:   all of Phils Complex

Purchased At:   Performance Online

Similar Products Used:   Nomad, Stump Jumper

Bike Setup:   Stock for now. New fork coming soon.

Submitted by Collard Greens a Downhiller from Cool, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2009

Strengths:    price

Weaknesses:    Fork!

Bottom Line:
great deal, BUT the stock fork is crap!. Blew out the shock affter i had it a coupple of weeks the shop "rebuilt" it and i blew it out on on the next ride i went on. the shop refunded my money for the fork and i put a marzocchi fork on it and now I love the bike. Probabley more troubblr then its worth.

Favorite Trail:   Quary Trail

Purchased At:   Performance Bikes

Similar Products Used:   specialized uno, specialized rock hopper

Bike Setup:   stock + 210mm rotors, marzocchi fork

Submitted by adam031687 a Weekend Warrior from ct

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2009

Strengths:    frame is durable, handle bars and brakes are good.

Weaknesses:    the lockout on the handle bars for the front fork is hard to get to when you need it and isnt that stong i hit it with my knee and it snapped. the bike makes a weird creaking noise. is from the rear dropout all you have to do is take it off and oil it up and its fine after that. mine had seal problems with the front fork when i first got but once i got it fixed its fine.

Bottom Line:
its a good bike for the price. it sucks that it has some things wrong with it when you first get it but once its tuned up and broken in, its a good bike

Favorite Trail:   nepaug ct

Purchased At:   performancebike.com

Similar Products Used:   ironhorse

Submitted by SantaCruz35 a Weekend Warrior from Fresno

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2009

Strengths:    It was relatively cheap. Not for what you're getting though.

Weaknesses:    The rims bent are made out of paper, the fork just flat out sucks, and the suspension makes this wierd creaking noise, I have no idea what it is.

Bottom Line:
Do not make the same mistake that I made by purchasing this bike, it's a complete waste of money and will break very quickly. Hopefully I'll be able to get a refund.

Similar Products Used:   Nothing this bad.

Bike Setup:   GT Sanction. Hoping to get a Santa Cruz Heckler though.

Submitted by Cameron Bauer a Weekend Warrior from San diego

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2009

Strengths:    none really, the best thing on the bike is the seat or the rear shock. and the maxle

Weaknesses:    the fork , a no name brand has no adjust ability and the the stiffest fork ive ridden. rims bent after first week of riding

Bottom Line:
this thing sucks dont buy or even think about it.the bike is a sorry excuse of a pile of gorilla sh*t

Favorite Trail:   anderson truck trail

Purchased At:   bicycle warehouse

Bike Setup:   stock because i don;t want to upgrade a sh*tty bike

Need help with a 2009 GT Sanction 3.0 frame build.Any ideas?

I wanna go cheap, but not at the expense of lowered performance. I'm starting from scratch more or less...i have a Race Face XC Ride crank (don't need pedals-have already),and thinking of Flow rims...but is there another rear hub for it other than a 12mil maxle Saint? Mainly need fork and shock sug ... Read More »

GT Sanction 3.0 vs DB Sortie 1

The rear derailleur on my Wally bike fell off, and Wally was nice enough to let me return it for a full refund (within 3 months of purchase). The good news is, I am going to be upgrading to a new AM bike sooner than I thought. They are having sales online for a 2008 GT Sanction 3.0 [url]http://ww ... Read More »

GT sanction 3.0, mongoose black diamond dbl 2008

Whats your opinion on these two bikes, I started off leaning toward the gt, but then i found the mongoose and the thing is LOADED, for 2 grand. plus i like the coil shox better. i have heard different things on why coil shox are better that air. also im 5'9' 160lbs and i will be using the bik ... Read More »

GT Sanction 3.0 or Iron Horse 7.7

Cant decide which one to get, im 5'9'' 160lbs I have just gotten back into riding and have an avalance 3.0 My basic question is Air or coil? (sanction has air, the 7.7 has coil) my buddy who works at performance said it really dosnt matter...does it? I will be using this bike for jumping, drops a ... Read More »

'08 Coilair or GT sanction 3.0

I have it narrowed down to these two bikes. Rode the Coilair, it felt good but I'm a little skeptical about the magic link. I havn't ridden the sanction but I did ride the force and it felt really solid. [B]Can the sanction handle freeride as good as the Coilair[/B]? I'll be riding freeride and a ... Read More »