GT Force 3.0 All Mountain Full Suspension

3.92/5 (36 Reviews)

The Force is as rugged and burly as they come. Built with the same personality and capabilities of the Force Carbon, but in a more affordable package, this ride shreds every inch of mountain. 150 mm of travel, Independent Drivetrain suspension, and lightweight components makes the Force a true All-Mountain ride.
  • Frame: GT designed 6061 Monocoque frame with Independent Drivetrain suspension. 150mm of r wheel travel. With new forged I-link. New pivot design and taper head tube
  • Fork: Rockshox Sektor TR R Coil, 150mm travel, tapered alloy steerer, 15mm drop-outs
  • Crank: Shimano Non-series 36/22 with bashguard
  • Rear Shock: Fox Float R Shock custom tuned

Submitted by Alexenduro a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2013

Strengths:    Very flickable bike and feels light.

Weaknesses:    Handlebars are narrow and the tires are a bit skinny.

Bottom Line:
I rented this bike in Park City, Utah when the original bike shop I was going to rent from gave me a bike with bad brakes(needed to be bled). This bike completely surprised me. I went to the Canyons resort bike park and was able to hit the 30ft gaps with ease and throw whips no problem. The bike has a short cockpit and the bars are a bit narrow. Overall the bike performed great for what I was doing. If you want to see video footage of the bike, look up fulcrumproductionbox on youtube and look for the video titled "Rally Cat at the canyons".

Duration Product Used:   3 days

Submitted by Wyatt

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2013

Strengths:    Great value for money, sturdy frame, geometry, no pedal bob

Weaknesses:    doesn't come with quick release collar for seat post

Bottom Line:
This is the best bike I have ever purchased. I could not find any other bike at this price that had the same level of specs. The FOX CDT shock is awesome - at the flick of a switch you can open full speed compression for downhill descents and then switch it to trail mode for flat single track etc. The Sektor fork is surprisingly plush and sturdy.
I-drive is easy to maintain as it works just like a headset, all you need it a set of Allen keys.
Great for all-mountain riding, XC and beginner downhill tracks.

Submitted by Charles Evelyn

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2013

Strengths:    gets you into mountain biking.

Weaknesses:    oh where to begin ........ the only thing that is worth anything is the sektor forks. the wheels were garbage, the frame is garbage, and so is the drivetrain.

Bottom Line:
if you don't ride very hard and are not looking to grow as a mtber then buy the bike. if you plan on growing and becoming a fairly decent rider save your money buy not throwing it into the wind with the pos bike. i have had it for less than a year already bent the wheels, cracked the frame(which apparently is common with these bikes), and have had to replace those ****ing brackets that holds on to your rear wheel and derailleur i don't know how many times. ***k this bike!

Submitted by cbastante a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2012

Strengths:    Solid frame, not a lot of flex. Geometry. Smoothness over the rough jagged stuff. Ability to flatten any rough terrain with authority. Eats stumps and obstacles like they arent even there. Comfortable ride all day suspension

Weaknesses:    Fox R rear shock, and Mag 32 Fork.....Dont even think about riding around with this fork....it absolutely SUCKS! Blew the seals on it the first time out. Hey, what do you expect from a good frame, value parts.....You are going to have to upgrade eventually to get the parts that you want on it.

Bottom Line:
I have owned this bike for two seasons now. Paid 1100 for it delivered, which in itself really allowed me to upgrade to the parts that I wanted. I love the fact that it is a big burly frame. I am 215 lbs, and not a small guy, and it seems to fit me quite well. I looked at some other bikes by Giant, Trek, and Cannondale and they felt comparably small to this bike. Overall the geometry just "feels right". Since I bought the bike, I have upgraded the handlebars to Easton Monkey bars. Put a Sektor Rock Shox Fork up front....by the way, its an amazing match for this bike. 6 Inches of travel on the front and back. Put a RP23 Large Volume rear shock, and replaced the chain with a more durable O ring. I plan on changing the cranks next, and also getting rid of the Shadow SLX rear Deraileur and replace with something more precise.
Overall though, I have been mountain biking for a pretty long time, and I have to say I have nothing but good things to say about this bike. It does just about everything right, and is very reliable....The Nevgal tires have been good to me. I hear a lot of people saying that they suck, but I have not had one flat......could have something to do with putting heavy duty green slime tubes on front and back. I agree that the tubes that came with the bike pinched too easily, but CHANGE THOSE TUBES, and you will not have a problem. I bash it pretty hard, and I recommend this bike whole-heartedly!

Purchased At:   Pink Bike

Submitted by ryocuellar@gmail.com a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2012

Strengths:    suspension Idrive Pivot are amazing , I have problem riding hard tail, but this bike make smooth any dirt trail, power over any surface floor , grades on fork are amazing very secure for downhill

Weaknesses:    cables running are rubbing frame , I have it to set some tie rod to stop and some electric tape, heavy compare to similar bikes

Bottom Line:
I recommended this bike on 26 suspension great performance according for value is the best bike

Favorite Trail:   amelia eratheath park

Purchased At:   on line

Similar Products Used:   Mongose full supension coil, specialized hard tail

Bike Setup:   all mountain bike

Submitted by sensi1 a Weekend Warrior from dayton, ohio usa

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2012

Strengths:    climbs very well handles well after u take the kenda nevagals off. consistent performer

Weaknesses:    it will creak every now and then kinda heavy but sturdy front fork is kinda weak at small bumps but will take the big hits

Bottom Line:
an excellent bike for most trails and light all mountain use it will take just about any trail you throw at it. the bike looks fantastic and rides just as well. the value factor was a big plus in what i got for my money and Performance Bike gave me a very good deal. wish i had the money for the carbon version!!

Favorite Trail:   MoMba bike park

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Similar Products Used:   mongoose giant cannondale

Bike Setup:   Sram x-9 across the board Avid elixr 3 brakes kenda small block eight tires

Submitted by tonetonitony a Cross Country Rider from Glen Burnie, MD

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2011

Strengths:    Frame Strength and durability, Geometry, tecpro hydrualic brakes, I-Drive suspension, weight

Weaknesses:    Suntour MAG32 air fork, Derailleur

Bottom Line:
This bike is a billy goat...dont let the wieght fool you. It feels solid in every situation. It climbs and turns well, downhill is amazing on this rig. It chews up anything in its path.

I did swap the huge Kenda 2.35 tires for something with alittle less rolling resistance and more bite.

After purchasing the bike I did some maintanence on the I-Drive system, it was surprisingly easy and straight forward to work on...unlike the earlier I-Drives.

I'm not impressed with the Suntour MAG32 Fork. Ive repeatedly tried to tweak it and cant find the sweet spot. It feels very unresponsive and rigid. They really should have gone with a coil/oil bath rebound internally. Ill swap it out for something one of these days.

Bottom line: This bike is a huge value for what it offers, the frame is tits, easy to work on, and handles AM, DH, or XC. GT sucseeded brilliantly in crafting this bike. A couple upgrades here or there and this bike will be perfect for under 1K.

Is it just me or did Yeti design the SB-66 with the force in mind? They look identical!

Favorite Trail:   Patapsco Avalon-Glen Artney

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   Ironhorse, GT timberline, GT outpost, GT I-Drive, GT Avalanche

Bike Setup:   stock except....new derailleur hanger, ODI grips, and panracer 2.1 fire xc tires

Submitted by joereese a Cross Country Rider from Roswell, Ga. USA

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2011

Strengths:    great frame design, I love this bike. I had 3 of them in 4 years.I upgraded to Fox Vanilla fork and Scram drivetrain. This fram rode so good.

Weaknesses:    I broke 3 frames and 2 rear triangles. All in the exact same weld. After the 5 break GT refused to warr. the bike any more.Performance Bikes rocks. GT does not admit to having a problem. I find it hard to beleive I am the only one breaking their frames. I wish they could have gotten the problem resolved but I guess that not gonna happen. This was a cold weld problem in my opinion but what do I know.I can only break them.

Bottom Line:
Great frame design bad rear triangle design. This bike flexes way too much. Climbs very good I happen to like the heavy bike it made it tear the downhill up.This is probbally a good bike for anyone under 200 lbs. I am a tic over that.Not good.Its a good entry level bike no more. If your serious about mountain biking spend your money elsewhere.Not a great value when you add up all the upgrades.I plan on a Yeti as my next bike.

Favorite Trail:   Bull Mountain

Purchased At:   performance bikes

Similar Products Used:   Access hardtail,Yeti

Bike Setup:   Fox Vanilla 140 fork,Sram drivetrain components,Tectro brakes 203 front rotor and 180 rear

Submitted by lloydlei a Cross Country Rider from uk devon

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2011

Strengths:    I had the GTidrive4 2006 model and it was great im getting use to this new one only had it for a week but ya its ok needs a few upgrades im going to take off bits from old gt and swap things around a bit id give it 4.5 out of 5 i've always had GT's so i think they are great.

Weaknesses:    NONE SO FAR TIME WILL TELL

Bottom Line:
All round good hard wearing xc bike

Favorite Trail:   the cove

Purchased At:   www.paulscycles.co.u

Similar Products Used:   GT Idrive4 2006 model

Bike Setup:   I do the work my self as im a bit of a perfectionist

Submitted by Jonnyteocali a Cross Country Rider from Wakefield

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2011

Strengths:    Frame is exelent design its a great ride but needs betta components wich to me is goin to be fun working on such a nice plush frame, its a very clever design if you luck close at were the rear wheel is attached you can see its replacable iv not seen this on bikes before unless iv just not noticed but its good.

Weaknesses:    Came with rockshocks bar rear shock seals went after a few not very hard rides but replaced under warranty, hargreavs cycles said they sent it back and it was faulty anyway, so i hope wen i get it back it will hold up untill i can upgrade, forks are like rockshocks toras, yes i prefer fox but these are ok i will be riding it hard so il tell ya later ha. Dont like kenda tiers pants so panaracer fire ex pro best ever

Bottom Line:
Love this bike, weight isnt too bad not the lightist but people think realy light is realy gud but me and my freinds experience in light components brake realy easy and cost too much so il stick to just good strong components wich are not bad in price.

Favorite Trail:   Judy woods

Purchased At:   Hargreevs dewsbury

Similar Products Used:   Mongoose teocali comp wich rocks 2007

Bike Setup:   Kenda tires, tectro auriga pro brakes

Submitted by GTbikerider333 a Racer from Vienna, VA Fairfax County

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2011

Strengths:    Great frame, rims and hubs are sturdy, rear fox suspension is reliable and nice, i drive is nice

Weaknesses:    WEIGHT! Little bit on the heavy side, suntour MG front forks suck need to upgrade to a FOX front suspension, Kenda Nevangall tires

Bottom Line:
Very good bike for the money. If you are a weekend warrior or begginer racer it is great, reliable, and the components are nice for the most part. The bike is a bit on the heavy side, but not too heavy to slow you down or anything. The suntour front forks will most likely need to be replaced after about 2 months.

Favorite Trail:   Schaeffer Farms

Purchased At:   Local Performance Bi

Similar Products Used:   GT Avalanche 2.0 Disc

Bike Setup:   Stock except for handgrips and tires

Submitted by Jonny teocali a Downhiller from Wakefield

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2011

Strengths:    Exelent frame design, handles just as good as higher priced bikes, iv always said most of the time a bike is as good as the rider!

Weaknesses:    Components, im using rockshock rear no lockout but thats not too bad i guess, sr suntour mag32 forks could of come with betta for the price but i guess they are ok ish the cope well with some light downhill and jumps

Bottom Line:
Good all mountainbike iv road worse that are higher priced, its a good confident design, like my woman lol

Favorite Trail:   Nottingham forest