Gary Fisher Roscoe I All Mountain Full Suspension

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

• Frame: 6011 hydroformed butted aluminum mainframe & swingarm, G2 Geometry, top swing magnesium link, semi-integrated E2 headtube, ABP
  • Wheels: Bontrager 15mm QR thru-axle Alloy hub, Shimano M525SL hubs, Bontrager Duster rims, Bontrager XDX tires
  • Componentry: SRAM X.7 front derailleur, SRAM X.9 rear derailleur, SRAM X.7 shifters, Shimano FC-M542 crank, Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes
  • Suspension: Fox Float RL, 140mm travel, custom G2 Geometry 46mm offset crown; Custom Fox Float RP2 with DRCV, 2-position Pro Pedal

Submitted by lvspeed a Cross Country Rider from port moody bc canada

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2011

Strengths:    magic Fisher steering, bomb proof for me, easy to use and effective lock outs, wants to get air, flies over impossible rough ground, easy to modulate brakes, fast shifting, makes good rider great, feathery light, can win xc race at fast local level, the more & higher drops the better, climbs as good as most hard-tails, Gary Fisher mojo and spirit included free

Weaknesses:    hard, small grips. no platform pedal set included. curl on seat-post quick release to small. never liked grey paint. If you race xc all summer you might find speed on hard flat trails better on real racer.

Bottom Line:
can do every trail at whistler, no speed limit on curvy trails, set up easy using included gauge thing, love the susp pump, even my size doesn`t over work anything, stays in adjustment for ages, Fisher, now Trek, HAS to be loosing money on every Roscoe 1. With middle level components, no way price can cover exotic construction and suspension bits. New Porsche Turbo quality and performance at basic Corvette price.

Favorite Trail:   can`t tell you

Purchased At:   Secret Cycles, Coqui

Similar Products Used:   trek fuel ex, cannondale xc race & all mountain bikes, devinci all mountain, cove bikes, transition 450

Bike Setup:   grips from Mtn Equip Co-op, Bontrager platform pedals, Front Deflector shield, Kenda Nevegals, tune to death

Submitted by rolledupeights a Downhiller from san diego, ca, usa

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2009

Strengths:    Its lite? I guess. Seems fast. I bought it cause it feels closer to a bmx bike, and I can throw it around like one. It fits ME really well.

Weaknesses:    The bars seem weak. They flex when pulling on them hard. I am afraid I am going to break them. I replaced the pedals with BMX pedals. How do you expect me to do no-footers with clips? The real shock broke on my first ride, they replaced it right away.

Bottom Line:
I was watching vids on Youtube and I came across the Mountain bikers catching heaps of air. It looked like fun, so after a few months of riding bikes and research, I got this bad boy. It feels good for me and is easy to throw around. I have hit some sweet jumps, big drops, long rides, steep hills. Going up hill sucks, but not because of the bike! It goes wherever you point it. 5.5 inches of travel is plenty for 6 foot drops. Took it to Sedona. Perfect. Took it to Chiva Falls in Tucson. Was great. Rode all over San Diego. I dont know much about this Mountain Biking, but dang is it fun!

Favorite Trail:   dunno

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   Trek San Diego

Similar Products Used:   ??

Bike Setup:   Stock, except the pedals. For now. The bars are coming off next week.

Submitted by robbyroscoe a Weekend Warrior from west mids

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2009

Strengths:    Feels like its built strong - very planted on downhills and pro pedal and lock out aids up hill

Weaknesses:    does take some practice up steep ascents due to the g2 geometry - helps if you fling it about on the road at speed to build confidence as you soon find you can chuck it about. Group set is ok but could be better in parts. Standard wheels soon took a hit. Maybe the paint could have a bit more gloss! Brakes lack a little adjustability.

Bottom Line:
Love the handling and the surety on rapid descents . Now running at quite high tyre pressures along with a low sag rear shock and bike absolutely flies. Tyres are perhaps more focused to drier climates .

Favorite Trail:   Dream time

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   Bridgetown Bikes

Bike Setup:   standard set up but have change wheels to hope hubs and dt swiss 5.1s

Submitted by Gwennwys a Weekend Warrior from Pontllanfraith, Wales

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2009

Strengths:    This bike looks like a bomb could hit it and it would still keep rolling. It climbs well and descends like it can't wait to get to the bottom. If you're fast, this bike will make you faster. If you're slow, it'll speed you up.

The Fox DRCV shock does exactly what it says on the tin - similar performance to a coil shock but with the weight and tunability of an air shock.

Weaknesses:    The tyres that come with this bike (big Bontrager 2.4 inchers) are useless in typical Welsh weather. One sniff of mud or loose stuff and they lose all traction. Best to change them for something with bigger side knobs at least.

Bottom Line:
This is, quite simply, the best bike I've ever ridden. It does everything, and does it well. It's given me the confidence to try (and pull off) things I would never have dreamed of trying on previous bikes.

Unless you're a cross-country racer watching every ounce of weight or a downhiller/freerider wanting eight inches of travel and a huge frame, you'll be happy with this bike.

Favorite Trail:   Twrch, Cwmcarn

Bike Setup:   Shimano DX pedals, Maxxis High Roller 2.35 tyres and a saddle with a bit more padding - the stock one is so hard it's like sitting on a piece of wood!

Where can I find a bushing for upper seat stay on roscoe 3?

Where can I buy a bushing that is in the seat stay that connects to the lower mount on the shock swing arm. My right one has alot of play and I am doing a complete rebuild and dont wanna put it back togther with shitty bushing in it.Read More »

I guess it's hard to find upgrades for my Roscoe!!!!

I have a 2009 Roscoe II. I was looking to get some upgrades (handle bar, stem or a seat) to get rid of some of the weight in my bike. After going through many products it is quite hard to find lighter and better stuff for my Roscoe. Unless the component is carbon fiber most of the brands like Rac ... Read More »

Does the Roscoe really come in XXL? (I've seen it advertised)

I've been looking at getting a Roscoe and have found a few listed on [url]www.bikeexchange.com.au[/url] in XXL size. But the Fisher website doesn't list that size at all. In there a XXL or is this a mistake? Is it possible the sizing is different for the Australian market and XXL here is the sam ... Read More »

Fisher Roscoe I for a light FR rig?

Stopped into my neighborhood shop and found a 2009 Fisher Roscoe 1 on closeout. I've been looking for a shorter travel bike that I could set up as a light FR rig. Any opinions on this frame? I'd likely switch to a shorter stem, and a single ring crank set up with a guide, but that would be about it ... Read More »

2009 Gary Fisher Roscoe I

I had to start a thread on my bike. No pics yet because I'm having some work done to it, but I will document how the work goes. But, till then, to all Roscoe owners (or to anybody very familiar with Roscoes), any suggestions with my new bike?Read More »