Gary Fisher Hifi Deluxe GS All Mountain Full Suspension

Frame HiFi Platinum Series 6061 T6 buttet and formed aluminum. Disc specific. G2 Grometry. Asymmetic swingarm with FourBarrel dropout pivots Wheels Bontrager Race Lite Disc. Bontrager Jones XR 26x2.25/2.2 tires Suspension Manitou Minute Super Air w/lockout, 120mm travel. Fox RP23 Camponentry Shimano XTR rear derailleur + LX shofter & front derailleur.

Submitted by Barbara a Cross Country Rider from Arizona

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2007

Strengths:    Great geometry. Excellent clearance and smooth ride!

Weaknesses:    The only color avaiable for 2008 is pink!

Bottom Line:
I just bought this 2008 Hi Fi GS and I love the way it handles. This bike climbs like a dream and rides great!

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz-Juliana

Bike Setup:   SRAM X9

Submitted by Charlie Grindrod a Weekend Warrior from Geneva, Florida USA

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2007

Strengths:    Tracks awesome, feels like you could just let go around corners.

Bottom Line:
Awesome Ride I would recommend this bike to anyone, it's light fast and the G2 Geometry is great

Favorite Trail:   Santos, Snow Hill

Price Paid:    $2050.00

Purchased At:   Davids Worl Cycle

Submitted by Lindsey a Weekend Warrior from Colorado Springs

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2007

Strengths:    It practically rides itself uphill. Fantastic slow tracking and high speed corrections. NO BOB, include pedals, super duper light bike! he fox shock is awesome.

Weaknesses:    Not the best component group, could have had a stronger paint and better color. Scratches to easy. Im not to sure about the custom fork, will be hard to upgrade if at all.

Bottom Line:
I haven't had much chance to put too much riding time into this bike, but what i have done in my little time has blown away almost 2 years worth of riding. Seriously! i sold my fat possum last year as, it was a fantastic bike, but just too much for me i guess- threw me around and too much bob in such a short cockpit, i found myself riding less (ill have to update that review for ya).. but this bike, wow! i hadn't ridden seriously in coming up on a year, and within a day or two of riding this bike, i was flying over boulders that would have given me stomach aches just looking at and taking twisty techie downhills 2 and 3 times faster than ever before. Every single uphill (steep or tech) that kicked my butt last year, was simply nothing on this bike. Heck, i got so confident in myself that i was falling more than ever before too, ha! (trying things i guess i should have worked my way up to) And taking hairpin turns at speeds i bearly saw on mostly strait trail. Gotta be in that G2 geometry, its pretty sweet. This is a choice bike for women! I'm 5'1' and the standover is a bit tall for me, but i have the small size and the length is perfect and i don't notice the height at all when riding. Its light enough to carry around like when i got a flat and had to hike it. The component group isn't the best in my opinion, but i guess for the cost, its worth upgrading. Though, if i had a choice, Ida had it all sram, but keep the juicy fives, these are the first juices I've ever ridden that don't sound like a train reck from the slightest little tap. The paint seriously scratches easy, cable rub in 2 miles, slightly knocked my shoe on the top tube and you can tell... not big issue unless you really notice those things like me. And i would have gone for a more gender neutral color...com-on fisher, sea foam?? WTF? gimme cobalt, yellow, olive... silver even... ok, ok... its not pink, thanks guys. Overall, this is a fantastic bike. And its worth buying the deluxe for the better suspension components, just make sure to save some cash for upgrades on the shifting parts. Five all around for being a dang good bike that helped me take leaps and bounds in my riding skills.

Favorite Trail:   Currently anywhere in palmer park.

Price Paid:    $2019.00