Foes Inferno All Mountain Full Suspension

• Super Strong, Fully Triangulated Swing-Arm
  • Foes Swing-Link™ For Even More Rigidity

Submitted by chewee22 a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2010

Strengths:    Stiff chassis, controlled rear end. Very effective climber, and tight in the corner on the downhill.

Bottom Line:
Always wanted one of these when they came out. Never saved enough back then. 2010 another year, and another rebuild. The build was completed with weight in mind. 31.76lbs complete. The bike handles great. The component choice was right on par. Skill has increased dramatically because of the confidence in the performance of the bike. Endless travel with the XTD and Float 180 in the front.

Purchased At:   FOES

Bike Setup:   XTD titanium coil. XX drivetrain. Fox Float 180 RC2. Stans Flow wheelset.

Submitted by Stephen Furness a Weekend Warrior from Auckland

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2008

Strengths:    Great alround bike, very versitile, I think that most rides will have difficulty in pushing this bike past its limits if it has been set up correctly.

Weaknesses:    Its not the quietest frame in the world

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike, I must say that it has taken me quiet a few rides to dial in the rear shock, but every change has been great, I have ridden the UZZI with VPP and they are more similar than i would have thought, The curnutt rear shock really makes this as good as a VPP in my opinion. this bike has made me faster.

Favorite Trail:   Any that assist gravity

Similar Products Used:   Intense Uzzi VPP

Bike Setup:   Hope M4 2007 with floating rotors, SRAM X9, Hope headset very bling in gold, Mazzochi triples which are going to be binned for Fox 36 when I get the chance

Submitted by reginald parham from los angeles, ca

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2007

Strengths:    Handles like a Porsche with the soundness of a Hummer...lol

Weaknesses:    none!...lol

Bottom Line:
Note: Foes will not be making the Inferno any more after October 2007...when I ordered my frame via Rbikes in Chicago, the dealer contact Foes only to discover there were only two (red) med frames left!...so if you want a piece of mountain biking history you better hurry theirs still one available.
Who should buy this bike? Well if you are an adventurous rider …buy it. If you are a simple trail/bike path rider… it can also be used...but it’s overkill.
Great "all mountain" bike... climbs like a goat and I weight 200 lbs. Handles all jumps well within reason. Absolutely positive acceleration thax to XTR drive train...and oh it looks freak'n killer...lol

Favorite Trail:   "Dirt Mohalland" Santa Monica mountians

Purchased At:   R Bikes.com (frame only)

Similar Products Used:   i had a proflex K@ with smartshocks back in the day

Bike Setup:   2007 XTR group, DUC-32 fork, DT Swiss FR2350 wheels, Maxxis High Roller 2.35's /fr & 2.5/r, Easton composite Hbar (DH), seat post and Fatboy peddles, Blackspire Headset, Selle TRK saddle

Submitted by Craig Kodish a Weekend Warrior from Canyon Country,CA,USA

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2007

Strengths:    Great Bike, Strong reliable, fast. Climbs well for a 30lbs bike. Adrenalin bikes thanks again. Tracks well, Foes always has made a quality frame. Love the Curnetti shock and floating brake.Shock anti bobbing is the BEST !!

Weaknesses:    Heavy feel, NOISY when stressed because of monocoque frame. Rear brake can be a little noisy too.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. If you want an epic all day rider this is it. Do not confuse this for a Downhill/Freeride bike though. Don't get me wrong this thing can handle the bumps and small jumps just not the insane stuff. I've tried them all in my time and this bike is special for one thing.... that Curnetti Shock ! Absolutely makes the bike.

Favorite Trail:   5Trails

Purchased At:   Adrenalin Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Intense Uzzi DH, Foes LTS, Cheetah Prowler.

Bike Setup:   Magura Wotan fork, All SRAM, Juicy carbon brakes, DT Swiss rims, Every piece for lightness and strength.

Submitted by michel pinto a Weekend Warrior from macaé , rj , brasil

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2005

Strengths:    beautyful frame,nice welds , amazing handling, floating brake , rear end rigidty,curnnut shock

Weaknesses:    it's very heavy frame to a all mountain bike , large frame weights 4260 grams , not so plush when hitting big hits

Bottom Line:
i'm very impressed with INFERNO handling you get a such good position to climb you can forget about bike weight issues,thanks to curnnut shock very good job , despite long wheel base it can turn very well in tight conditions,
supple small hit damping but not so supple at big hit damping like 7,5"rear end should be.my weight(with gear) is 192+ pounds i've choose a 350 spring weight(its range is 191-210 pounds) but i never got used all travel. sir Brent Foes come with a curnnut air spring should adress some problems like frame weight and tuning shock issues.in the end i can say i'm faster downhilling than with my older SGS iron horse.

Purchased At:   two wheel world

Similar Products Used:   giant AC1 , SC bullit , Iron Horse SGS

Bike Setup:   FOX 36,FSA FR 50mm stem,fsa K-force DH carbon bar,Truvativ STYLO team crankset ,FSA titaniun BB,TITEC PYRO telescoping seatpost,AVID juice 7 fr 8", MAGURA MARTA SL 6" rear ,mavic F219 rim , DT revolution spokes,formula hubs, XT stuff

Submitted by Brian Sadler a Weekend Warrior from Las Vegas, NV USA

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2005

Strengths:    Up or downhill this bike does it. Float disc. TI Curnut

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Bought the bike from Richard's bicycle's and delt with Mike R. If you are going to buy a Foes talk to Mike as he knows these machines very well. This bike climbs good. Don't get me wrong if you stand up and hammer down the shock will give. Coming down the suspension sucks it up. Hit some 4' kickers and the bike felt like a cadillac on the landing. The floating brake works good. I'm used to braking and the rear end of the bike coming up on bumps. Not with the Inferno.

Favorite Trail:   Blow Hard

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   rbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Foes FXR

Bike Setup:   TOP OF THE LINE ON EVERYTHING. YOU DON'T BUY A ROLEX AND PUT A SEIKO BAND ON IT!!!!!

Submitted by michel pinto a Weekend Warrior from macaé

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2005

Strengths:    BEAUTY LINES , NICE WELDS , 7,5 REAR TRAVEL

Weaknesses:    VERY HEAVY WEIGHT ( 9,4 POUNDS AT LARGE SIZE) , NON 1.5" HEAD TUBE , INTERRUPTED SEAT-TUBE DESIGN

Bottom Line:
I HAD I BIG DECEPTION WHEN I GOT IN MY HANDS INFERNO FRAME ,
IT IS SO HEAVYWEIGHT 9,4 POUNDS LARGE FRAME WITH FLOATING BRAKE ARM AND TI SPRING , MAN I DO TRAIL RIDES , I LIKE TO CLIMB...I LIKE TO DESCEND TOO , I HAVE A IRON HORSE SGS EXPERT IT'S A NICE BIKE , BUT IT'S PRETTY HEAVY , I WENT TO MARKET LOOKING FOR A MORE LIGHT BIKE , MY CHOICE WAS FOES INFERNO FRAME I PUT A LOT OF MONEY ...WAITED LONG TIME( I LIVE IN BRAZIL)WHAT I GOT IN THE END?? A BIKE MORE HEAVYWEIGHT THAN MY OLD IRON HORSE ...I WANT TO DIE BRO!!!
I STARTED TODAY TO SAVE MONEY TO BUY A NEW FRAME I GOING AFTER A SANTA CRUZ NOMAD!!!! AND SELL THAT INFERNO FRAME FOR ANY 500 BUCKS . PS: IN PORTUGUESE LANGUAGE INFERNO MEANS HELLS!!!!

Favorite Trail:   tunel

Purchased At:   TWW

Similar Products Used:   GIANT AC1 , SC BULLIT , IRON HORSE SGS EXPERT

Bike Setup:   TI SPRING ,FLOATING BRAKE ARM,FOX 36 RLC , AVID JUIC 7 ,NEVEGAL 2,35 TIRES ,TITEC PYRO SCOOPER SEATPOST ,FSA DH CARBON BAR ,FSA 50MM FR-200 STEM,TRUVATIV STILO TEAM CRANKSET , XT STUFF, MALET C PEDALS

Submitted by DRAGOS DINCA a Cross Country Rider from MADISON WI 53703 USA

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2004

Strengths:    GREAT INDURANCE

Weaknesses:    NOT LIKE THE The fly and MONO DHX FRAMES

Bottom Line:
WHAT EALSE

Favorite Trail:   ANYWEARE I CAN

Purchased At:   RICHARDS BICYCLES

Similar Products Used:   SPECIALIZED SANTA CRUZ GARY FISHER

Bike Setup:   I DIDN'T FIND ANI

Submitted by ben a Weekend Warrior from sydney, australia

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2004

Strengths:    super plush curnutt shock. works as advertised, ie. plush but no bob for climbing.

looks great, mine is a red frame and the other parts are black

Weaknesses:    It weighs considerably more than the Epic I was riding. However, I am hesitant to call this a weakness, as it is not noticable when I'm on the bike. It pedals so well, I dont notice the weight at all. The only time I notice it is when I have to carry it up some unridable part of the trail.

Bottom Line:
After 4 rides I am totally happy. The bike is everything I had hoped for. It pedals very well, thanks to the super Curnutt shock. The Shermans are excellent too. Take some time to adjust the SPV pressure and volume and they will be plush at the top and firm up nicely through the travel.

I will post again when I have many more miles on the bike, but at this stage I have been able to ride quite a few things that would have spooked me on the Epic.

If you get one of these I also recommend a Rohloff hub, as they are superb. I dealt with Dave Flather at rohloffhubs.com in vancouver and he was fantastic. Always responded to emails and answered his phone to chat about the bike. As soon as I transferred the money, he had it built and shipped in a week, no problems. gave me a good price too, heaps better than I would have found in Sydney - and I did plenty of research.

4 chillis for the value - only because they are expensive - even through dave

5 for overall - because they are worth every penny as far as I can tell

Favorite Trail:   great north walk - lane cove area

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   extreme sports group, vancouver

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Epic - a fantastic bike, but quite different to the Inferno

Bike Setup:   sherman sliders
chris king front hub and headset
diabolus stem and bars
oury grips
holzfeller cranks, DH 38 ring
curnutt Ti shock
bontrager post with cheap but strong seat
hope mono6 Ti brakes 8" front 7" rear
rohloff 500/14 internal gear hub rear
mavic tubeless rims
time control z pedals
2.25 mutanoraptor front specific
2.4 ritchey motovader rear

Submitted by Murat O'Hara a Cross Country Rider from Watertown,New York

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2004

Strengths:    The Foes Inferno frame is stiff,light,climbes fast, and the rear suspension "WoW" ,Currnutt 7.1/2 inches of bottomless travel the, prefect all around bike

Weaknesses:    Hard to get

Bottom Line:
The Foes Inferno Is Sick!!!
The best bike I have ever owned ,it rides just like a cross country bike and can take anything you can give it. If you like to ride technical cross country,freeride or DH this bike is for you. The price of the frame is crazy, but who cares save up and get one Oh and good luck they are hard to find.

Favorite Trail:   Thompson Park Trails