Fezzari Nebo Peak All Mountain Full Suspension

4.96/5 (24 Reviews)

The new Nebo Peak is stronger, 8 oz. lighter than its predecessor, and ready for any challenge. Who will enjoy this bike? Moderate to advanced all-mountain riders. The Nebo Peak was built to win.

FRAME TECH

• Tapered Headtube
  • FRD Tetra Link 526
  • Sealed Oversized Bearings
  • Dual Bridge Post
  • Frame Defense Technology
  • Hydroformed Alloy Tubing
  • It has a bend in the top tube to give lower standover clearance because often when you need to put a foot down on the trail you're not on level ground and you need as much clearance as you can get.
  • The rear triangle has square tubing to give added strength and stiffness to the frame.
  • Reinforced gussets in the right places to give it superior lateral stiffness
  • Butting (thinning the tubing walls in the right places) to lower weight.
  • ISCG Mounts for expanded drivetrain option compatibility.

Check out more reviews on the new Nebo Peak 27.5 here.

Submitted by Cam a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2012

Strengths:    components are great - this bike is set up to go hard and for a long time.

Weaknesses:    straight out of the box the bike was not set up for me as claimed. This is not really a negative as I would never expect a bike to be set up perfectly for me - its more of an unreal expectation. I had to tinker for many hours to get it right, and yes I admit I love tinkering and I would have tinkered anyway even if it was perfect out of the box.

Bottom Line:
I am going to write the most honest review possible, so get ready:

This is an amazing bike for what it was designed for. If you are into All Mountain riding and you want to go hard, long and high then this is one awesome bike. If you want to concentrate your riding in other areas, such as DH, jumps, XC, then you could do better with a different style of bike.

I like to have a bike that is a little unusual. I am not one to turn up to my local riding area with the same bike as everyone else. I also like quality. The Nebo Peak fit the bill perfectly for me and at the price I was willing to get it shipped half way across the globe, site unseen. Yes, I was a bit nervous about what I was going to get but I made the right choice.

I would classify this bike as small framed and extremely agile. It feels small or even petite when you are on it but also very stable. I am not a massive guy so the frame size suits me perfectly (178cm and 74kgs). This bike is so much fun on tight twisty tracks.

I modified the bike a little to suit my riding style. I got the remote seat post installed at the factory. The front stem length was a little long (so the bike was a little front heavy for my style of riding) - I sorted that by adding a shorter stem, now it tracks like a down hill bike with the added benefits of being able to peddle up any hill and she is still a nimble machine. Also I removed the 2x10 and made it a 1x10. I found that I was not using the smaller front cog and I would often lose the chain on really bumpy sections or on jumps, and where I ride this was constantly. So now I have a beast of a ride that can do everything, even still climb up large and steep hills and then descend like a semi-DH bike. This is not a bike for everyone, it is not a "fit all" bike as there is no such thing. If you are into All Mountain riding and love to go hard, long and high and want quality and reliability under your saddle then seriously consider this bike. BUT - I don't want to see to many at my local area OK !!!!!

Submitted by Paul Scott a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2012

Strengths:    Top of the line components for this price was unbeatible. Very quiet and way faster than i thought it would be. Weighed it today at 30 lbs which is lighter than i thought it would have been.

Weaknesses:    My wife wants to steal it.

Bottom Line:
I got the Nebo after having a Cannondale Rush lefty setup because i wanted something that can do it all, no just cross country. When i took it out for the first time i fugured it would have been pretty good but i never thought it would have been as good as it was. I am totally blown away with this bike, its faster than my old x-country bike was on a x-country trail. Get one, its worth every penny.

Purchased At:   Fezzari

Submitted by jonesyld a Weekend Warrior from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2011

Strengths:    VERY quick, very solid, and QUIET! I can't believe how nice this bike is!

Bottom Line:
Bottom line: best bike I've ever ridden. I can't believe how quick and agile it is. I also have never ridden a quieter bike. I feel like I'm floating on descents. I would definitely recommend this to anyone thinking about getting one. You won't regret it!

Purchased At:   Fezzar.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek, Giant

Bike Setup:   Stock 2012

Submitted by Sibba a Cross Country Rider from taft, ca

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2011

Strengths:    Strong bike, seems pretty light, 2x10 kicks a#! Avid elixer cr Brakes stop this big boy nicely, Grips, sram XO all around shifts beautifully,

Weaknesses:    tubeless took some work to figure out other than that no problems or weaknesses

Bottom Line:
I'm about 6' 2" depending on beer intake run about 230. I enjoy the climb(2x10 way better than expected) as much as if not more than the decent(Fox Talus and rp23 sweet). This bike allows me to enjoy both. customer service from fezzari has been IMPECCABLE! They have dealt with my 30+ emails and questions and problems. Component package(top of the line) and life time warranty on frame makes as well as the company itself make this a no brainer. First race in porterville, ca this weekend.

Favorite Trail:   Sycamore canyon, Point Magu, CA

Similar Products Used:   Nothing like this

Bike Setup:   Stock is awesome added Candy ti pedals and crank brothers lever drop seat

Submitted by Paul a Day Hiker

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2011

Bottom Line:
The Nebo Peak just plain rocks! I was very hesitant to purchase a full suspension mountain bike, sight unseen, or unridden. The bike soaks up the trail like know ones bussiness. The bike was perfectly dialed in for me when I recieved it. Did some upgrades prior to purchase, such as UST Tubeless, larger rotors front and rear. The Fox suspension is the meat of this baby. I am glad about the choice I made. I will probably get another one but in a XC. You will not be disappointed in the purchase from Fezzari.

Similar Products Used:   Giant, Trek , Kona

Submitted by granola a Racer from Alpine, Utah, US

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2010

Strengths:    GREAT VALUE
holds line very well
climbs like a goat, descends like a champ (the talas plays a big part in this. at the 110 mm setting the front end never wanders)

Bottom Line:
Absolutely love this bike. I was planning on doing a build similar to the Nebo Peak but couldn't come close on price. For the price I believe this bike to be of the best value on the market. I've downhilled it, raced it, and just plain enjoyed it. I ride almost daily and have been thrilled with this bike's performance on every type of terrain. Go Fezzari!

Purchased At:   fezzari

Similar Products Used:   Ibis Mojo SL, Yeti 575, Commencal Meta 5.5, Santa Cruz Nomad

Bike Setup:   XO, X9 drivetrain with trivativ firex crankset, fox 32 talas fit rlc, crank bros mallet pedals

Submitted by coja a Weekend Warrior from mechanicsville virginia usa

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2010

Strengths:    durability,components,fit,weight,tires

Weaknesses:    none that i can think of

Bottom Line:
This bike is amazing, when i was first trying to find a bike i did my homework extremely well down to the nooks. This bike has all the best components out of the AM group of many bike dealers (trek,chumba,ibex.gt,motobecan,jamis,specialized,yeti,kona,giant) you get my point. And what i found was hat this bake had the most "bang for the buck" by far. After buying from the fezzari website and recieveing the bike i was very pleased witht everything and how easy it was to put together.This bike has been outstanding in every area possible and is well worth the money. Bottom line is that if your on the line abot butying this bike, go for it,it will never stop doing what it does.Plus if u dont like it u can return it very easily with the fezzari return policy.I am very happy with this bike and i am sure u will be too.

Favorite Trail:   buttermilk, snowshoe

Purchased At:   fezzari.com

Similar Products Used:   ibex,gt sanction 3.0

Bike Setup:   all standard with 185mm rotor in the rear

Submitted by Keith a Cross Country Rider from Cedar Hills, UT, USA

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2010

Strengths:    Components, custom fit, helpful staff.

Weaknesses:    Still looking for one.

Bottom Line:
This bike is amazing. I have been riding it for the past 3 months. What a difference a bike can make. I knew on my first ride that I had made the right choice. All the uphill technical parts that used to cause me to put a foot down are no match for the Nebo Peak. I am a much better rider and I owe it all to Fezarri. I did upgrade to the Mavic Crossmax ST and went tubeless so I ended up under 29 pounds. I shopped around the local bike shops and similar bikes from other makers would have been about $2000 more. I would highly recommend this bike. The support from the staff at Fezzari after the sale has been great as well.

Favorite Trail:   Gooseberry Mesa

Purchased At:   Fezarri.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek Liquid

Bike Setup:   Stock set up with the addition of Mavic Crossmax ST wheels and tubeless tires.

Submitted by mdwamp a Weekend Warrior from Louisville, KY, USA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2010

Strengths:    Components, frame, value, working with Fezzari, custom fit from Fezzari.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I stopped riding trails about 12 years ago. A buddy convinced me to ride with him this year. My Fuji really beat me up, so I decided to upgrade. After looking pretty hard at the Trek EX8, my buddy sent me a link to the Nebo Peak. I have absolutely no regrets buying this bike and would do it again.

As my endurance increase, so does the value of this bike. The more I ride it, the more I love it. I'm much more confident tackling sections I've never attempted before.

The Fezzari staff have been very helpful and patient each time I've called them.

Bottom line; if you're in the market for a top of the line mountain bike for a reasonable price, don't hesitate to pull the trigger on one of these bikes.

Favorite Trail:   Brown County, IN

Similar Products Used:   Fuji,Trek and Raleigh police hard tail mountain bikes

Bike Setup:   Custom fit from Fezzari, 4 inch gravity dropper seat (love the seat), Spd pedals

Submitted by emarshall a Cross Country Rider from Martinez, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2010

Strengths:    Everything from the components to the frame. I reviewed and tested many bikes that were much more in price than the Nebo but couldn't justify the additional cost. The guys at Fezzari know what they are doing as the bike fit perfectly thanks to the custom fitting.

Bottom Line:
Whether you are climbing or downhilling, the bike handles like a charm. The Nebo is every bit as good as bikes much more expensive. It is as advertised and would recommend it to anyone serious about biking and looking to get a top of the line bike.

Favorite Trail:   Downieville 1st, 2nd & 3rd Divides

Purchased At:   Online (Fezzari.com)

Submitted by tshulthise a Weekend Warrior from Louisville, ky, USA

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2010

Strengths:    6" suspension travel, much better components than comparably priced Gary Fisher or Trek. Custom fit Fezzari setup specific to my body dimensions.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I've been riding (again after 10 years) for about a year now. I put about 400 miles on my Gary Fisher Tassajara hardtail with a Thudbuster LT seat post installed and enjoyed that bike quite a bit. Moving to the Nebo Peak from the GF was like going from a toy to a Cadillac. Taking jumps and going over obstacles is so much easier with the Nebo. Shifting is better. Handling is better. I feel much more stable in turns and through the rough sections. I can't say enough about the Fezzari custom fit. I have a very long torso but short arms and legs. The GF bike never felt right. I felt like I was hanging over the bars even with the seat all the way back. I noticed that the Nebo bars are much higher with a longer neck. It feels totally different and much more stable.

A local bike shop said they could have sold me a Trek EX8 for the Nebo price. When I compared components the Nebo components cost 45% more than the EX8 components but the bikes were nearly the same price. The EX9 has very similar components and it costs $700 more than the Nebo. Fezzari definitely has a good deal going with the direct sales and custom fit system.

I love the bike. I feel much more confident and can make several technical sections that frequently stopped me on my GF. The ability to lockout the front fork and set the rear shock to "pro pedal" makes long climbs as good as a hard tail even when standing up pedaling. The Nebo allows you to set the front fork travel to 4", 5" or 6" but I've found no reason to move off of the 6" setting.

I'm not an expert but I would recommend Fezzari to anyone. They answered all my questions and were very helpful.

I also love the gravity dropper turbo seat post. being able to set it to full height, -1" and -4" in a half second is a huge help. I put the seat all the way down on fast downhills. I set it at -1" for most of my riding. I put it at full up for long climbs that aren't too steep and for road riding. Being able to move the post down for a very technical section then back up for the following climb makes rides much safer as well as allowing me to save my legs by using the best seat height for each situation. If you don't plan to do any big jumps or free riding then you might prefer the full, 1", 3" drop configuration but I like the 4" drop to get the seat way down.

Favorite Trail:   Brown County, IN

Purchased At:   www.fezzari.com

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher Tassajara hardtail

Bike Setup:   Custom Fezzari fit with Gravity Dropper Turbo seat post 1", 4" drop configuration installed. I LOVE the seat post.

Submitted by 801rider a Weekend Warrior from Utah

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2010

Strengths:    I have the 2010 Fezzari Nebo Peak. This things climbs like a billy goat! I was surprised how laterally stiff the bike is. It is probably attributed to the sealed bearings in the pivots. The hydroformed tubing looks great. I upgraded the wheels to the Mavic Crossmax ST. Fezzari did it for me for a very reasonable price. I am able to ride this bike like a downhill bike. It soaks up all the bumps. It jumps and takes the drops really well. The fit that Fezzari did on the bike for me was spot on and the time to do the fit was included in the price of the bike. They are a great group of people to work with but bottom line they build an amazing bike!

Weaknesses:    NONE!

Bottom Line:
I would recommend the Fezzari Nebo Peak to anyone. You would normally expect to pay thousands more for a bike of this quality. Don't be afraid that they are a smaller company, they stand behind their product and do a great job. Highly, highly recommended for anyone looking to get a quality mountain bike!

Purchased At:   Fezzari Factory Stor

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Enduro

Bike Setup:   Stock setup with upgraded wheels to Mavic Crossmax ST

Submitted by razwan1 a Weekend Warrior from fairfax

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2010

Strengths:    Everything you read about this bike is true. Amazing components, awesome frame geometry, great look and most importantly great ride.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
Worth every penny

Favorite Trail:   fountainhead

Purchased At:   fezzari.com

Bike Setup:   2010 Nebo Peak

Submitted by SactoSport a Cross Country Rider from Sacramento CA

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2009

Strengths:    Immediately you see the suspension is top of the line, the frame appears to be made very well , great looking welds and very nice paint job. Hydroformed tubes look great with nice cable routing. Price is fantastic.

Weaknesses:    There are no weakness that I can see or feel. One nit pick was that a Fox shock pump was not provided and the bike has two of their best products.

Bottom Line:
The bike looks awsome and it lived up to its appearance on the trail the other day. Fox has outdone themselves again. The TALAS and RP23 performed great. I set the bike to have a firm pedaling platform and it climbed like a champ, minimal to no bob. Low standover height gave me more confidence to rail the corners. The bike ate up the trail chatter. It doesn't feel like a 6 inch bike, more like a 4 inch cross country rig. I haven't weighed the bike, but it feels like it should come in under 30lbs. Fezzari set the bike up just right, all I had to do was drop the stem a couple of spacers, the stem length was right on and even the air pressures in the forks and shock were right on. I had the fork at full travel when climbing some steeps and had no problem with the front end lifting. So far I'm very pleased with my purchase. I can't wait to set the suspension to full squish and push the limits on a steeper rougher downhill...like Downieville. Very happy with my purchase!

Favorite Trail:   Downieville Downhill