Commencal Bicycles Meta SX1 All Mountain Full Suspension

Commencal Meta SX 1 Suspension Bike Enduro full suspension bicycle made from 6066 Triple Butted Aluminium. FRAME: NEW META SX 160mm SHOCK: Fox Float CTD Boost Valve, w/remote, Kashima FORK: Fox 34 CTD Fit, Tapered, QR15, 160mm, w/remote, Kashima HEADSET: Cane Creek 10series, Semi integrated zero stack tapered STEM: Commencal OS 50mm BARS: Commencal VIP 0,75 quot; OS 7000, 760mm GRIPS: New Commencal Lock on BRAKES: Formula RX 12 180/180 SHIFTERS: Sram X7 CHAIN DEVICE: E13 LG1 REAR MECH: AR Sram X9 10speed BOTTOM BRACKET: Included w/crankset CRANKS: FSA GAP Mega Exo 36th CHAIN: Yaban 10sp CASSETTE: Sram PG 1030 11-36 RIMS: Mavic EN321 HUBS: Commencal disc by joytech, sealed bearings, 15QR front/142x12 rear SPOKES: Stainless black 64p 3x lacing TIRES: Onza Ibex DH 2,40 front, Onza Ibex FR 2,25 Rear, Kevlar Bead, Blackwall SEATPOST: RockShox Reverb 31,6mm SADDLE: SDG Circuit for Commencal Buy Commencal Meta SX 1 Suspension Bike from Chain Reaction

Submitted by Neil08 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2015

Strengths:    Pikes and monarch are amazing
Great handling bike, a true mini dh bike that can easily be pedalled to the top.

Weaknesses:    The handle bars are made from very soft alloy. I bent mine 4mm the first time I clipped a tree.
The wheels are pretty terrible my rear wheel will break a spoke ever month for sure the alex rims dent very easily. They don't really fit in with the frame as they're only 1750 grams and are quite flexy but the frame feels like a mini dh bike, basically you feel like your nursing the wheels down the hill. With a stronger set of wheels the bike could definitely be ridden harder.
The biggest weakness however is the commencal warranty system and customer service....

Bottom Line:
I've had a terrible experience with commencals warranty...

I bought a 2015 sx essential last November, by February my monarch shock was showing signs of wear on the shaft. And when removed from the bike it obvious the shaft was at slight angle to the shock body. I contacted commencal and they asked me to take a photo of the shock in the frame with only the lower hardware fitted so it was easy to see how far out of alignment the top eyelet of the shock was. I sent this photo to them and they wrote back that they understood and a new frame would be shipped in a couple of days.. At this point I thought they had amazing customer service..
Then the person I was dealing with changed and after several months of emails back and forth I ended up sending the frame back to Taiwan to be looked at by the frame manufacturer. They decided the frame was within tolerances and there fore it must be shock issue.
Commencal decided this was my fault and are now unwilling to pay for the frame to be shipped back to me.. And are wanting me to pay $700 to get my frame back...

I'm not really wanting to pay for a frame I've already paid for, so now I've got a couple of boxes of bits for the $5100 I paid for the bike.

Purchased At:

Bike Setup:   stock 2015 sx essential build with the following changes
hope e4 brakes
renthal fat carbon bars+ Kevlar grips
Saint cranks