Cannondale RZ One Forty 5 All Mountain Full Suspension

• Tires: Kenda Nevegal, 26 x 2.1", wire bead
  • Shifters: SRAM X-5

Submitted by dannyburris a Weekend Warrior from Orlando, Florida

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2011

Strengths:    Smooth ride, 140 mm travel, Kenda Nevagals and Cannondale "grind" pedals.

Weaknesses:    Shock seems to let air pressure out slowly.

Bottom Line:
I picked this bike up for 400.00 less because it was last years model.The bike rides great and is pretty smooth. I am a big guy at 6'0" and 285 pounds. I was afraid that I was too big for a full suspension but so far it seems good. I took it out to Santos in Ocala for a 13 mile ride and found myself doing a few things I would have never thought I could do. Having full lockout on both shocks is pretty much normal for most bikes, but it is nice for those road rides around town.

Favorite Trail:   Santos

Purchased At:   Orange Cycle

Bike Setup:   stock, but I did change out to my own pedals because they look better

Submitted by anonymous a Weekend Warrior from Richmond, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2011

Strengths:    I've been riding a 1999 Klein Adroit and I thought it was pretty good; however, my new One Forty 5 is light years better! The RST Deuce 140mm forks, X-Fusion 02 RLZ, and the RZ One Forty frame are the strength of this product. I was able to get this at a very nice price...last year's closeout model and it's brand new! The bike inspired me to ride with confidence. There were several places where I'd dismount my old Klein and walk; however, I was able to ride down the very technical sections. The 140mm travel makes a world of difference.

Weaknesses:    This bike is the entry level bike. I don't know if my shock, fork, or frame is weak. The only benchmark I can compare it to is my hardtail Klein and as I mentioned before, the One Forty 5 blows the Klein away. If I have to find a weakness, I would say the shifting. I had a shimano deore XT drive train on the Klein and it had dead on shifting and the Klein was very light..maybe 22 lbs compared to the One Forty 5 at 33 lbs. I have an SRAM X-7 derailleur and it doesn't have the "crisp" feel of a shimano XT. I found myself in between gears or over shifting. I took it back to the bike shop and they adjusted the rear derailleur, hopefully it works better.

Bottom Line:
I'm happy with this bike because my body takes less pounding now and it made me a little better ride. I couldn't pass up the killer closeout deal.

Favorite Trail:   Rockville, Fairfield, CA

Purchased At:   The Peddler

Similar Products Used:   As I mentioned, this is my first full suspension bike and I appreciate the how it gave me confidence to tackle the technical sections...I still walk some sections, but I walk less now.

Bike Setup:   My bike is stock as a rock except I swapped out the Cannondale Grind pedals for a pair of Shimano M545.

Help: '10 Cannondale RZ One Forty 5 and '11 Trek Fuel EX 5

I am in the market for a new bike, entry level full suspension. I've test ridden both of these bikes and have narrowed it down to one or the other. From a tech spec perspective, the Cannondale seems to be better, although I could be wrong. It has better components, better fork, etc. My biggest ... Read More »

Cannondale RZ One Forty 5 vs Trek Fuel EX 5

Rush 6 or RZ One Forty 5

New guy here, wanting to get back into biking. Sold my last bike before I went to Iraq, and now want to get another one. I just got stationed in Seoul and am looking for a bike to ride back and forth to work 3-4 days a week, plus some weekend riding both on pavement and off road. I'm leaning he ... Read More »