Cannondale Jekyll 2000 All Mountain Full Suspension

Submitted by Ethan

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2014

Strengths:    I have had this bike for just over 13 years now and I love riding it, it is by far my greatest bike. I love the lefty shock and it is extremely light for a full-suspension mountain bike

Weaknesses:    No weaknesses

Bottom Line:
Awesome bike!

Submitted by steve a Weekend Warrior from fayetteville, Arkansas,U.S.A

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2004

Strengths:    This bike is great for Everything i really enjoy the travel this bike has.

Weaknesses:    This bike is a little to heavy.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is that you should only get this bike if you enjoy biking hard. if not i would sugest getting a little bit cheaper bike. Unless you find a new one on ebay for really cheap.

Favorite Trail:   Colorado trail

Purchased At:   EBAY NEW

Similar Products Used:   Trek Fuel

Submitted by Michael a Cross Country Rider from Stockholm, Sweden

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2004

Strengths:    Versatilty, being able to fine tune the bike for anything. I love the dampening on the front fork, just dial it in on the fly - it can be used as a lockout of sorts. Light overall weight for so much travel.

Weaknesses:    The Cannondale wind back hub. The free body fell to pieces and after repair the axel did the same. Cannondale was very good and finally replaced it with a new wind titanium hub. Works like a charm

Bottom Line:
An incredible light weight machine for almost all uses.

Favorite Trail:   Hellas

Similar Products Used:   F800

Bike Setup:   Factory, except Continental Vertical tires 2,3.

Submitted by Clément Grech a Cross Country Rider from Aix en Provence, FRANCE

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2004

Strengths:    A real "All terrain" bike. Can do anything , climb, go down as fast as a rocket. The perfect Enduro/XC bike.

Weaknesses:    A little bit to heavy. Around 12,8kg on my scale. Should come down under 12kg after several upgrades.
The Shimano Dual Control shifters are not exactly the best choice. It will be changed for Sram X0

Bottom Line:
I hesitated with the new Prophet but I chose the one which has proven to be the best compromise. Prophet's 140mm looks a too much for a a real XC usage.

Favorite Trail:   Alpes, Provence, Corse

Purchased At:   ANDRE PRIMEAU VELO, Montreal, Canada

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale Raven 4000

Submitted by Andrew a Cross Country Rider from Boulder, CO

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2004

Strengths:    The ride straight out of the package is very nice. Componentry selection is good for the price. Travel of 5 and 5 for a bike of its weight is absurd. The overall ball bearing finish is beautiful and the welds appear to have jedi qualities.

Weaknesses:    Tires, although light and grippy on varying terrains have worn quickly. Rapid rise shifters were fiinicky at first but after the adjustment period are perfect and super efficient.

Bottom Line:
Overall I am extremly satisfied with this bike. Front and rear suspensions are fully adjustable for varying riding terrain. Although I have yet to play with the adjustable geometry (I have it set in the middle) I would imagine it would have serious effects on the way the bike performs. If you are looking for a bike with capabilities to tackle it all this is your ride. It climbs anything you can and handles downhills like your on a couch. The Lefty, which at first seemed a bit tippy at the top of the turn, has since found its way deep inside my heart, sensitive on the litttle stuff, plush over the big drops, loves to turn, and is super light. Stable platform valve on rear shock makes for absolute silent climbing with very little bob. Single pivot rear has small amount of flex yet acts more in way of forgiveness than an inhibitor.

Favorite Trail:   Sidewinder, PC, UT

Purchased At:   through my job

Similar Products Used:   none...

Bike Setup:   Stock, out of the box.

Submitted by PETER HA a Downhiller from BROOKLYN

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2004

Strengths:    VERY LIGHT BIKE FOR A FULL SUSPENSION, ALSO GOOD FOR STOCK BIKE TO TAKE A BEATING ON THE MOUNTAINS. ALSO LOVE THE LEFTY FORK LOTS OF TRAVEL AND THE COLOR IS BLING BLING!!!! =)

Weaknesses:    THE ONLY WEAKNESS WOULD BE MOUNTAING ON TO THE BIKE RACK. BECAUSE I HAD THE V2 THULE DISC... BUT FORK BEING A LEFTY I CANT USE IT.. THE TIRES ARE KIND OF WEEAK... IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF THE TIRES WERE LITTLE MORE WIDE.. LIKE 3.5 INCHES...

Bottom Line:
I HAVE TRIED MANY OF THE BIKES FOR DOWN HILLZ AND CROSS COUNTRY ALL THE BIKES HAVE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVES BUT THIS BIKE IS VERY IMPRESSIVELY GOOD... THE WEIGHT WISE AND PERFORMANCE WISE... FIRST I WASNT TOO SECURE ABOUT THE LEFTY FORK BUT IT FELT MORE STRONGER THAN A REGULAR FORKS AND THE PRICE IS REALLY GOOD... AND ALSO THE FRAME BUILT QUALITY... VERY STRONG.. ALSO ITS HANDCRAFTED IN U.S.A NOT CHINA.... =)

Favorite Trail:   POCONO,PA / MOUNTAIN CREEK DOWNHILL,NJ/ HUNTER MOUNTAIN,NY

Purchased At:   NORTH SHORE CYCLERY

Similar Products Used:   SPECIALIZED ENDURO S-WORKS, CANNONDALE JEKYLL 500, TREK LIQUID 20

Bike Setup:   ALL STOCK EXCEPT THE HANDLE BAR AND SEAT POST AND SADDLE..
CARBON FIBER EASTON HANDLE BAR AND THOMPSON SEAT POST AND BONTIGER SADDLES.

Submitted by Udo Rustler a Cross Country Rider from Oklahoma City

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2004

Strengths:    Lefty Max, Shimano hydro. disc brakes, Swinger rear shock. Well the whole bike really.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
Although I just got the bike and have only ridden it on one trail, I can safely say that this bike rules. The trail I chose to try it out on was a rock garden infested one. There were climbs with rocks, descents with rocks, switchbacks with rocks. Rocks that don't move, big ones, little ones, its called Keystone near Tulsa,OK.. I had ridden this trail once before on my Stumpjumper and had fun. This time the Lefty and Five inches made it a lot more fun. The Lefty, what can I say other than it is amazing. Point and shoot precision and doesn't care what line you take, just hold on. The rear was amazing also how it soaked up the trail and climed very easily. Some of the other bikes that were with me were a Treck Fuel 30, Stumpjumper fsr, Santacruz Blur. I can't say that the Cannodale out performed all of them because of rider ability, but lets just say that I had a big smile on.
A truly great bike.

Favorite Trail:   Clearbay

Similar Products Used:   01 StumpJumper FSR, and my trusty fun Bianchi single speeder.

Bike Setup:   Stock. The catalog showed a carbon riser bar, but mine came with the EA70 Monkeylight.

Submitted by Brian a Weekend Warrior from Bayville,NJ

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2004

Strengths:    Great bike right out of the box.No upgrades were needed at first.Good amount of travel, climbs better than my old hardtail.

Weaknesses:    Tubeless tires.Try patcing one on a trail.

Bottom Line:
I rode a Cannondale hardtail for over 7 years before upgrading to a full suspension. I don't know what took so lonk. This bike is great. It deffinately has made me a better rider. It corners on tight singletrack like it's on a rail. It climbs like a billygoat, and goes downhill over large rocks with little to no effort.P.S. disc brakes rule!!

Favorite Trail:   anywhere but Ocean County NJ

Purchased At:   Brielle Cycles

Similar Products Used:   tested several full suspension, including Trek Fuel 98, Specialized Epic S-Works, Trek Liquid 20.

Bike Setup:   Stock, except for a new rear tire.

Submitted by Michael a Cross Country Rider from Stockholm, Sweden

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2004

Strengths:    Everything, Lefty TPC+ fork, Manitou SPV shock, Mavic UST rims. XT cranks and new XT shifters,XTR derailleur.

Bottom Line:
So far it is like heaven, set up the shock or positioning of the bike anyway you want. Takes everthing I can give if for my style of riding (agressive XC). Attention to detail is fantastic. The new Lefty is a good improvement over the older lefty concerning sensitivity to small bumps.
The Bike really isn't for heavy downhilling (Gemini) or racing (Scapel), but for everything else it can´t be beat.

Favorite Trail:   Hellas, Nacka

Purchased At:   Peyton´s Bikes, Middland, TX

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale F800, Kona

Bike Setup:   changed tires to Continental Verticals and cannondale changed from a wind riser carbon bar to Easton E70, good move.

Submitted by Jimmy a Cross Country Rider from Seattle

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2004

Strengths:    The bike is set up great off the show room floor. The suspension is awsome. This is the best full supension I have ever road.

Weaknesses:    Seat and hubs could be different. The tires are not the best for the Pacific Northwest.

Bottom Line:
This bike builds confidences and is minimizes the roughest terrain. It is really a treat to have a product that is solid and seems to get better with every ride. I don't think I will ever get sell this bike it will always be in my stable. If you are looking for a full suspension bike out there my recommendation is to demo few different bikes then buy a Jekyll

Favorite Trail:   BA BA