Bionicon Edison All Mountain Full Suspension

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

With the new Edison we present the fourth evolution of our original bike design. Complex hydro-formed seat stays intersect with the downtube supporting the rear shock mount whilst simultaneously ensuring that loads applied to the frame are evenly distributed. The tube profiles are constructed to allow consistent flex characteristics offering greater riding leeway and confidence.

Submitted by matteo67 a Weekend Warrior from genoa-italy

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2010

Strengths:    simply the best i ever tried it...easy,light and you can run close every single track you want.

Weaknesses:    it is better to climb then to down....the seat is too much high for a free ride driving...and it is better to get the rebound sistem for the fork(not include)...

Bottom Line:
the perfect bike for a person who needs to have three bikes in one(fast on the single track,easy when you climb and good on the easy free ride,by the way,it is better to don't use it for an extreme riding...and the bionicon sistem it works!

Similar Products Used:   focus bud,specialised stumpjumper

Submitted by SenV2312 a Weekend Warrior from Netherlands

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2009

Strengths:    The biggest strength is the adjustable geometry with just one push on the button. I must confess I had my doubts but after my first ride I was convinced. It really works!
Because of this diversity it's a great climber but can handle as well some challenging DHs.
Furthermore I was surprise by the weight. It's relatively light for this kind of bikes.
It handles well, direct and is very stable. Even my XL does not have any problems with narrow trials with small turns.
And than there is of course the "look" of the bike - don't be surprised people will start talking to you and want to try it!

Weaknesses:    X-Fusion shock? Had an issue here. After my second ride it broke. It blow up. Never seen it before. Fortunately that Bionicon has a great customer service. Within a week I had a new shock. So far it's working but I do still have my doubts...

Bottom Line:
Great bike! Diverse, light, stable and easy to handle. For me it's the perfect bike. I wanted to have a bike "that can do it all" - and just a bit more! Of course that does not exist but this one is close.

One last remark. Not only a bike is important also the customer service. And I can assure you the people at Bionicon are great!

Favorite Trail:   All Mountain

Saddle: WTB Shadow V
Seatpost: Bionicon

Submitted by Pieter a Weekend Warrior from Netherlands

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
Great bike! Diverse, light, stable and easy to handle. For me it's the perfect bike. I wanted to have a bike "that can do it all" (and just a bit more!). Of course that does not exist but this one is close.

Favorite Trail:   All Mountain

Saddle: WTB Shadow V
Seatpost: Bionicon

Submitted by Jay a Weekend Warrior from Long Beach,CA

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2007

Strengths:    Adjustable geometry with the push of one button. Climbing head angle and descending head angle and spots in between.
This is the rig between the freeride Super Shuttle and the cross country Golden Willow.
Climbing is much easier on the back and you don't have to push on the front end as much if you. I actually feel less upper body strain when riding.
It is easier to breathe.
I have never had a 6" fork and this thing is smooth on the downhill. I actually have to brake more because I am not use to the speeds I am getting!!
Paul, at the company, is easy to contact.

Weaknesses:    I got the 2006 model (demoed model) and the green stickers are kind of goofy.
Even with the bike in uphill mode, sometimes the front wheel won't stick unless I put some body weight on it. (usually when it's pretty steep) I guess I still have to use some body English, once in a while!!
But I am still adjusting to how to ride this bike.

Fork maintenance is easy but seems pretty frequent for the fork wipers. Will do this soon.

I am not sure what will happen to the air hoses if I crash!!

Bottom Line:
I am still getting the hang of it, but I know that this is the bike for me.

I hope every rider at least demos one of these bikes. They are like having 2 or 3 bikes in one!!

Will other manufacturers apply this technology to their rigs?

Purchased At:   Switchback Cyclery

Bike Setup:   Bionicon Edison 2006 with gravity dropper post.

Bachelor Loop (MW/Lava Edison)

Can someone give me the current status of the MW/Lava edison loop around bachelor. I heard edison to the top of the pass got cleared, but need info on the rest. Thanks!Read More »

Backbone Trail: Trancas Canyon/Edison Rd to Zuma Ridge Open?

Just looking for clarification. Is the backbone trail open from Trancas Canyon(Edison Rd) to Zuma Ridge? It seems to be private land, but are they currently allowing bikers to pass? ThanksRead More »

Is Edison-Lava clear?

I'm thinking about heading out there tomorrow. Has it been cleared? The [URL="http://cotamtb.com/trails/"]COTA site[/URL] has it as yellow, but that may not be quite up to date. Thanks in advance.Read More »

Edison Lake

Anybody ever take their bike up to Edison (Above Shaver / Huntington in the Sierras)? I have not taken my bike before, but been up plenty of times camping and fishing. Me and a buddy are finally going for a quick oivernighter and taking the bikes. I don't know of any singletrack or anything, but whe ... Read More »

Lava - Edison is open

But "extremely" dry and dusty. Groups should spread out for visibility... Reportedly fewer logs than most years but the crew made it to the top and cleared all of the Lava side. Someone had already cleared on the Edison side so the whole trail is good to go. Thanks, Paul & Kai!Read More »