Astrix Sports Stryke All Mountain Full Suspension

• 5.6 inches of rear travel
  • Quick precise handling
  • Full length straight seat tube
  • Custom 7005 T6 Aluminum
  • Manitou Swinger 4 Way Air

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Gerardo Reed a Cross Country Rider from Arvada

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2008

Strengths:    great bike design, no bob in rear suspension, great standover height, great durable bike

Weaknesses:    a little heavy for xc, great for all mtn, freeride/dh

Bottom Line:
    The Astrix Stryke is one fun bike to own. I had this bike for 5yrs. Had purchased it when the company first started. I liked the design and linkage system (moto-link) which did keep my shock life long. Never had a leak in the rear shock.

The Stryke is not a bike for any weight weenie's. A little heavy for xc but I rather have a heavy durable bike. Than a light and twichy one. The Stryke did not bob at all, good solid transfer of power to the back end. Plus having 5.5" of travel could handle most of everything coming down the trail.

The thing I liked most was that this bike fell right between the two previous bikes I had owned, GT-I-drive 1.0, and a Yeti Dh bike. At that time the Gt had 4.5" of travel and the Yeti had 6".

So once I got my Stryke built up I rode like a kid getting his first bike. Loved it.

Bottom Line:
    If your looking for a great all around bike, this should be the first and last.

Favorite Trail:   bergen peak