VooDoo Zaka 29er Hardtail

• 1 1/8" headset
  • 28.6mm front derailleur

Submitted by CRUM a Cross Country Rider from Maine

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2010

Strengths:    It's Titanium cleanly welded. That's a great start. The geometry and the fit did the rest.

Weaknesses:    Head badge fell off. So what.

Bottom Line:
The VooDoo "Dambala" was the best fitting and riding hardtail I had ever ridden.......Until I sat on this "Zaka". What a great ride. Same geometry, but the ride is noticeably better.

This is the frame for the guy who likes the Ti ride and wants a very agile 29er hardtail. Wonderful in the technical stuff.

Favorite Trail:   Cemetary Trail

Purchased At:   CRUM Cycles

Similar Products Used:   VooDoo 29" "Dambala" - Steel version of this same frame.

Bike Setup:   Sram Drive train - w/ Race Face Cranks - set up as 2x9 - Rigid SRP Fork - Control Tech Stem, bars, and seatpost - Terry fly saddle - Halo Rims and hubs - Tires - they change - right now it has studded tires on it. It's winter ferchrisakes.

Submitted by endolife a Cross Country Rider from Silver Spring, MD, USA

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2009

Strengths:    This frame is beautiful to look at, very light, and rides with a supple, yet somewhat springy feel that is never jarring. The handling is perfect - not too snappy, not too slow. It's a joy to ride. It comes with everything you need to ride geared or single-speed, disc or v-brakes.

Weaknesses:    I don't know if it's the frame, but under high pedal pressure, I hear a slight purr from the chain that I didn't hear with the same component set-up on a steel frame. I wonder if it's the Ti flexing a bit under load, but I need to check the chain line to make sure.

Bottom Line:
I got this frame on sale. If a versatile hardtail 29er is what you want, and if you can find one of these for a similar or better price (and I'm sure you can), buy it.

Favorite Trail:   I ain't tellin'

Purchased At:   ebay dealership

Similar Products Used:   I've never had a Ti frame before, but it rides nicer and feels lighter than my Niner S.I.R. 9. I also have an older Salsa Dos Niner, and again I like the Voodoo better.

Bike Setup:   Single-speed, rigid, using On One's carbon fork. Jones bars, King hubs with Stan's tubeless rims, Juicy 7 brakes with a 185 rotor up front round out this sweet package.