Titus Fireline 29er 29er Hardtail

• All new, hydro-formed front triangle
  • The down tube is hydro-formed, butted 3al/2.5v titanium adding stiffness and strength, without adding weight.
  • The new shaped top tube helps to increase stand over clearance
  • Available in 26" and 29" wheel options
  • Convertible dropouts allow for changes from a geared to a single-speed drivetrain
  • Made in the USA

Submitted by tmm0720 a Cross Country Rider from Salt Lake City, UT USA

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2010

Strengths:    The geometry that I was looking for has been perfect for me. Weight is conservative 22.5lbs. It's TI, I plan on having this bike for a very long time. It turns heads too.

Weaknesses:    Difficult to know right now. Not really a weakness, but I didn't have the money to put the Edge composite wheeles on the new bike (Stolen)

Bottom Line:
It rides like a sharp pencil, Climbs extremely well, bombs down hills and is comfortable on longer distances. I have been very satisfied with the way I built it, although I miss the Egde composite wheeles. I did it right and built it not cutting or sacraficing anything. If you are looking for a fast race bike that will for sure break the bank, do it. I can't say enough great things about the quality product that Titus makes.

Purchased At:   Sports Den

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher Xcal. Edge Composite wheeles, X0 rear X7 front FSA Stem. Several upgrades on a stock XCal wighing in at about 25lbs.

Bike Setup:   Med frame. Rock Shox XX 29er Stans ZTR Crest Wheeles w/240 hubs. XO grip shifters/ X0 rear- X9 Front. FSA 27-40 Afterburner Compact Crankset. Edge composite Stem and Seat post. Ritchey HB, Ergon Grips, Avid breaks, Hutchinson Python Tires.

Submitted by acesEPIC a Cross Country Rider from Fairfield, CA USA

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2010

Strengths:    It's a 29r. Light MED frame at 3.2# new in 2008. It is very rigid for sprints or stand up climbing. Likely infinite frame life!

HAND MADE in the the USA! Tempe, AZ

Weaknesses:    My frame is a 2008, which has a straight 1.75" OD down tube. The knobs on my Fox F29 80mm RLC hits the downtube when the bars are turned to the extreme. Titus has already remedied this issue by hydroforming the 2010 Ti frame downtubes.

Bottom Line:
This was my first bike in the 29er genre. Well don't expect the stiff HT frame to have rear end cush, but its comfortable enough for XC work. My build is an amazing climber, standing or sitting & I believe the frame will last forever. I know there are carbon framed 29ers out there which are likely just as strong, but there's the mental reassurance this Ti frame won't give out on me.

The frame has a 71 degree HT angle, which keeps it quick enough for singletrack flying. I have yet to feel instability in any conditions.

I've done many road rides on this bike, substituting only Continental Sport Contact tyres. This bike flies as a road bike too. Th 44 tooth big ring is the only thing slowing it down.

A biggie for me is this frame is MADE in the USA! I spoke with guys on the phone at Titus & they have always been great help.

Now I'm thinking about Titus' new prospect, the Rockstar Ti 29er. A Ti frame with 100mm travel & a Horst Link rear end. Very nice!

Favorite Trail:   any dirt

Purchased At:   Ray's Cycle, Fairfie

Similar Products Used:   07 Specialized SWorks Epic, 90's Cannondale HT's, several recumbents

Bike Setup:   90mm Thomson stem, layback Thomson seatpost, Fizik Tundra saddle, new Ritchey 10 degree flat bar (really comfortable), XTR drivetrain, Mavic Crossmax 29er wheels, Fox F29 RLC 80mm, EggBeater Sl's modified with Ward Industries Very Short spindles, Specialized SWorks Captain 2 Bliss 2" F & R tyres

Submitted by BC a Racer from Charlotte, NC

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2009

Strengths:    ride quality - soaks up bumps, stiff climber but not whippy or spongy

Weaknesses:    make sure you set up the bike with a fork that has the travel the frame was designed for. I originally setup w/ 80mm of travel and had all kinds of handling problems, I changed the fork to 100mm and it made a night and day difference, all handling issues went away.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike – it’s the perfect mix between a 26” hard tail and a short travel XC full suspension - with all the benefits of a 29er. I’ve raced it for one season and it’s been great in any condition. I was a little worried about the conti Race Kings in tight, loose, single track, but the 29 wheels just stick like glue. The ti frame soaks up the bumps nice but is surprisingly stiff climbing; you don’t get the whippy spongy feel like the older ti frames. The 29 wheels and ti frame have pretty much eliminated the need for my full suspension except for really bumpy, tight, courses. I road some carbon 29’s but found them too stiff on my back. I liked the Kona 29ers but decided to spend the extra $$ for long-term durability and the ride quality.

Favorite Trail:   Pisgah National Forest

Purchased At:   SouthPark Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Litespeed Obed 26”, Kona King Kahona, Fisher Superfly

Bike Setup:   Sram X-9, Fox F29 RLC 100mm, Truvativ Stylo 2x9, Mavic Crossmax 29 set up tubeless w/ conti- 2.2 Race Kings, Easton EC 70 seat post and bar

Submitted by IronXterra12 a Racer from Ohio

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2009

Strengths:    Light weight, awesome handling, no toe over lap on hard turns. Corners unbelieabley well. I like the disc brake mounts as it makes it very simple to set up the brakes.

Weaknesses:    No thus far, looks like there is plenty of room to mount wider tires with the S-bend stays. Only thing is you need a cane creek +5 head set so that the fox fork doesn't hit the down tube.

Bottom Line:
This bike rocks, I love the way that it handles. It took me a long time to decide what bike I wanted to purchase as my race bike. I compete in off road triathlon and I needed something that could handle any trail. This bike is it. Definately worth checking out as it's an unbelievable ride.

Favorite Trail:   East Fork State Park

Purchased At:   Bikerbob.com

Similar Products Used:   GF 29ers.

Bike Setup:   Fox RLC, XT and XTR components and advid juicy ultimates.

Titus Ti Fireline EVO 29er: Reviews? Anyone running a 100mm fork?

I really like the looks of this frame, the geometry, weight, price, etc. I'd love to see sliding dropouts on it, but I digress. I have a 100mm fork that I want to run on my next bike. Is anyone running 100mm on this frame? If so, how is it? I'm also curious about overall reviews of this frame. ... Read More »

Fireline 29er - anyone got one for sale?

Does anyone know of a medium Fireline 29er frame for sale anywhere???? Just cracked mine and want something to ride while I get it repaired or get a new frame made. :madman: PM me if you know of something.Read More »

2009 Titus Fireline 29er correct Fork Travel?

Is the 2008-2009 Fireline designed to run a 80mm or 100mm Travel fork on a Med or Large frame?Read More »

Recommended A-C Length on '09 Fireline 29er?

Anybody know the correct/recommended axle-to-crown height for this frame? I.e., the fork length that will cause the build to line up with the geo numbers here: [url=http://www.titusti.com/2010/archive/2009/cc_firelineti.php]Titus 2009 - The Archive (Fireline Ti)[/url] Just picked a frame up and ... Read More »