Sette Razzo SC X9 V2 29er Carbon 29er Hardtail

Finding the energy for riding and trail responsibilities is hard enough. Throw in a......

Submitted by paulmaag a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2013

Strengths:    Best buy for the money ever! Frame is stiff where it needs to be and compliant over hard trail hits. Great control and stability. This is the lightest best riding 29er hard tail for the money...bar none!

Weaknesses:    Tires. But this is normal for manufacturers to put low cost tires on bikes. I replaced the stock set with Schwalbe Racing Ralphs 24. and 2.2, went tubeless and cut 1.3 lbs. off the bike

Bottom Line:
After reading the Tahoe Sux review http://coasttomountain.com/tag/29er/, I pulled the trigger on this bike. I have no regrets!! The folks at Price Point were really helpful and made the purchase painless. I purchased the bike far below $2000 on one of their sell outs.

I want to preface this review with some background. I have ridden MTB since 1983 and have had many, many mountain bikes from rigid, hard tail, and full suspension, both 26 inch and fatbike. I am 6 foot one inches tall and weigh 190 lbs. I've recently been riding my fatbike with a 29er wheel set, so I am familiar with the advantages of a 29er. I select the trails I ride. I don't ride super radical downhill trails. I prefer trail that has climbing with vistas and swoopy descents. This is the perfect bike for such riding.

I've now been riding the bike for 4 months on varied terrain in California, Utah and Colorado. This is a very light bike with nice nimble riding features without being spooky or twitchy in any way. The 29er wheels help shore up stability with the fast 71.5 steering. The bike is very stable on fast descents. I suspect that the same technology that in incorporated in the expensive big name carbon bikes has been put in this frame. Big hits seem to be smoothed out. Climbing is pure pleasure. I really don't miss my 26 inch FS bike ( I rode one of the best). How wonderful it is to ride a nice light hard tail again!

The X9 componentry is pretty good stuff. I only wish it incorporated grip shift instead of the push/push shifters (I believe SRAM stuff works best with their best shifter). The RockShox fork is amazing for a low cost fork. The trick in getting a good ride is in using the settings, especially the lock out settings to prevent fork dive on steep descents.

I made the following upgrades to the bike that changed it from average to superbike. Schwalbe racing ralph tires, titanium seat post, WTB Rocket V saddle, FSA carbon handlebars. The bike is now sub 23lbs.in an extra large size. The bike is so good, I decided to buy one for my wife as well. She rides a 15 inch. The bike has wonderful geometry for her with a highly sloping top tube. She feels it is the best bike she has ever ridden!

Favorite Trail:   Lupine Trail, Crested Butte, Colorado

Purchased At:   PricePoint.com

Similar Products Used:   I've owned bikes from Diamondback, Specialized, Trek, Turner, Salsa, and custom builders.

Bike Setup:   X9 with upgraded tires, handlebar, seat post and seat