Sette Razzo SC X7 29er Carbon 29er Hardtail

The key ingredients are a unidirectional carbon frame, RockShox Recon Gold......

Submitted by blueskybug a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2013

Strengths:    Unreal value for what you get for your money. Ease of purchase from PP.

Weaknesses:    Not being able to demo, but if you know what you want it's pretty simple. Wheel set? Not 2x10? None of these are weaknesses really.

Bottom Line:
I waited a while to do this review so we could put some miles in it first. I bought the complete bike for my 15yr son as a reward for him. We ride a lot together and he has developed his own preferences over time as most of us have. First thing noticed was the way it was packaged. VERY nice and secure. Took longer to unpack than to assemble. I've purchased 3 bikes in the past online and have never had issues. 1 BD and 1 Airborne but I think we got lucky this time as this bike came dialed in out of the box! Air in tires. Air in shock. Added pedals and off. It came with a Recon gold that preforms beyond what I expected. The X7 shifts smooth and when he breaks anything I won't feel bad upgrading. We don't have a lot of downhills but the avids work good and have been silent for 350 miles so far. He is super athletic 150lbs and pretty rough but the wheels have not needed any adjustment yet. They will be the first upgrade I'm sure. Overall we could not be any happier. In a nutshell if you know what you're looking for and this fits your needs PricePoint has a hit with this bike. For the record I am not affiliated with them, just a super happy customer. I realize fit is a personal thing but this was super easy and we'll be able to swap out the simple stuff if he outgrows it. Don't be afraid to buy this bike or frame!

Favorite Trail:   Ant Hills

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   Airborne Goblin. Stumpjumper Comp.

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Texasduffer a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2013

Strengths:    Cost/value
Carbon really smooths out the bumps.
Matte black version results in a pretty sexy looking bike.
Internal cables & hoses.

Weaknesses:    Odd sizing/geometry as compared to its competition.
I've got a small creak in the headset or seatpost I need to find & fix.
X7 has its limitations.

Bottom Line:
I didn't buy the complete PricePoint X7 bike, but there wasn't a place to do review for the Razzo SC Carbon frame. Since I'm running X7 on my custom build, I thought I'd drop my review of the frame here.

Frame: Sette Carbon Razzo 29er - 19" matte black
Grips: Sette Lockons
Pedals: Shimano PD-M424
Seat: Charge Spoon
Tires: Maxxis Aspens

The build turned out great. It's a lot sharper looking than I originally thought it would/could be. It's pretty sexy and weighed in at 24.5lbs with pedals, bottle cages, etc.

I took it on it's first real hard ride today and came away pretty impressed. I'm coming from an alum Airborne Goblin and the difference was noticeable. I climbed the hell out of a few hills that have been giving me trouble on my 2 previous mounts. Not sure if that was due to the weight savings (1.75lbs), the slightly different body position/geometry, or just the adrenaline of pushing a new bike.

I crash over some pretty heavy roots on my home trail and all of that felt very muted as compared to my alum frame. My alum frame was pretty jarring over some of my typical sections and I felt none of that today on the new carbon ride. Front wheel on the Sette wasn't as easy to pop off the ground which can be good and bad depending on situation. The bike was really grounded and connected on some of the hairier downhills drops we have.

Once I got comfortable, it felt like I was twisting and turning through the woody tight singletrack faster than usual and on the field straights I was hitting 16-18mph on the computer. Overall very pleased with the $400 I paid for this used carbon frame.

Favorite Trail:   Lake Bryan