Sette Razzo 2.0 29er 29er Hardtail

• Brake Levers: Avid Elixir CR
  • Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Giga X Pipe

Submitted by adumb a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2013

Strengths:    Price, rockshox dual air fork, drivetrain

Weaknesses:    Wheels

Bottom Line:
Great bike for the money, bike hasn't missed a beat in a year of use. Still shifts great. Only downside is the wheel set. After probably three months of use they just done roll well anymore, the loose bearing system I just done like and the set is like 2240 grams which really takes away from the bike. The wheels have stayed perfectly true however which I was pleased with.

Duration Product Used:   1 year

Purchased At:   Price point.com

Submitted by Carlo J Guzman a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2012

Strengths:    very good components at low price, durable, delivered assembled (just needed tune up), light

Weaknesses:    has some flex, frame paint chips easily

Bottom Line:
being my first 29er I wanted something good quality that would not be too expensive. pricepoint has always been good about delivering just that. i was surprised at how light and responsive the bike is. all the drivetrain components are good quality, not the very highend, but definitely not entry level.

the only thing is that there is some flex and I am not sure if it is the wheels or frame or combination. it is a 22" frame so that could be part of it. the mavic wheelset is very strong though - it was only after 9 months of abuse that one spoke broke in the rear wheel and from the nipple, not the hub.

the sette saddle is cheap also, replaced quickly with speacialized toupe. the shimano spd505s it came w are a bit low quality as well, get clogged pretty easy sometimes making it difficult to clip back in.

next upgrade will be a better pedals and wheelset.

Favorite Trail:   Amelia - Miami, FL

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Bike Setup:   22" Frame
Specialized Toupe Saddle

Submitted by FlyHigh a Downhiller from Mogi das Cruzes, SP, Brazil

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2011

Strengths:    Price is very good. Equipped with all of components a rider needs.

Weaknesses:    Due the best relation between cost and benefit no weakness can be written.

Bottom Line:
I use to practice XC just to relax after a downhill session. With this 29er I'm enjoying the ride more than my previous bike (26er Gary Fisher). The only thing that a 29er's rider must be set in his mind is that big wheels are good to flat and down the hill. To rise is harder than a 26er, but nothing impossible! Ride on!

Favorite Trail:   Lagarto

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   No one.

Bike Setup:   As described at the title.

sette razzo 2.0 29er review and comparison

before the review a tiny bit about me. 5'11 i tested 19.5 specialized comp 29er and the 18 sette. this is my first 29er, i own a giant anthem, and a specialized pitch so this will a third bike and i wanted something that wouldn't be close to anything i have. i have only been riding for 3 years now b ... Read More »

WW Gurus...help my Sette Razzo 2.0 29er become anorexic

OK...so I had a major budget, and just enjoyed my first ride on my 29er. I beat my time that I had set on my 21-22# carbon 26er hardtail, despite the bike being 4# heavier. Big wheels work (but we aren't here to argue about that). Now help my mind block on the 4 extra pounds go away. Current b ... Read More »

2011 Sette Razzo 2.0 29er arrived today

My bike arrived today and here are the first pics. I'll do a review in the coming weeks. I did take it for a short ride today and was very impressed with it. My god is this thing fast. I'll ride my Specialized Epic back to back with this to give anyone an idea of what they'll notice going from a 26" ... Read More »