Sette Razzo 1.0 29er 29er Hardtail

• Crankset: Shimano SLX M660 44,32,22
  • Bottom Bracket: Shimano SLX M660

Submitted by East coaster a Cross Country Rider from Tolland, CT

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2012

Strengths:    Light weight, great fit, and bulletproof components complete from Price Point

Weaknesses:    Not crazy about the Kenda Small Block tires, other than that, I haven't found any yet.

Bottom Line:
I'm 5'11', and the medium frame fits perfect. The bike feels nimble, and climbs like a goat! I've ridden this on all the same trails that I ride my Specialized Enduro on, and it performs solidly. I ride hilly, rocky trails here in New England that most wouldn't think of riding on a hardtail, but the Razzo 29er is pretty forgiving. Sadly, the dual suspension Enduro will probably be downgraded to a backup ride now. The Razzo 1.0 will be the "go to" XC/trail ride bike for me.

Similar Products Used:   Stumpjumper Comp 29er, Fuji Outlander

Bike Setup:   SLX components top to bottom with XT front and rear derailleurs, Rock Shox Reba RL fork, Mavic TN719 disc rims

Submitted by fsr29erATX a Cross Country Rider from Austin, TX

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2011

Strengths:    Price is right. Really light. Decent Graphics. Geometry is right on. Its good for certain trails where my FSR was not.. and vice versa

Weaknesses:    Maybe too light, I worry that $250 frames don't go thru finite failure testing as the big-names. Flexes more than I'd like, but I do have an XL/22". It flexes similar amount to old Attitude Klein 26er did. Certainly alot less flex than a full suspension FSR too!! no Chainstay protector, get alot of chain slap, needs one.

Bottom Line:
Just bought the frame.
Not a whole lot of mileage yet, but its the real deal. I'll probably ride it for a year and replace, just because of fear of breakage, superlight frame like that in an XL, with a bit of flex is a little scary.. The welds, finish is all good though, may be no reason for me to fret. I like the cable routing they have, good placement.

It climbs great, very quick on the turns.. but coming from an FSR with longer wheelbase, slacker angles, so this is more of a racing type frame.

Favorite Trail:   RPR

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   Klein Attitude, Specialized FSR 29er, Fisher Rig 29er, Catamount FS, Raleigh Technium, Rockhopper 26er

Bike Setup:   Reba team, XT/Speeddisk wheelset, SLX, Stylo Cranks, Sette Ti seat.