Redline D 680 29er Hardtail

Our new flagship 29er with hydraulic disc brakes, 2x10 gearing and lightweight custom wheels using a 15mm thru axle in the front.
  • Frame: R6 Alloy Double Butted Forged Dropouts-Chainstay Yoke, 135mm Rear Spacing
  • Fork: Fox FIT 29 RLC 100mm
  • Brakes: Avid Elixer R Hydralic Disc Brakes, 160mm Rotors
  • Tires: Kenda Small Block Eight 29 x 2.10

Submitted by khcaver a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2013

Strengths:    Components are top shelf. X9 everything, Fox Fork etc.
Lightweight, great cross country geometry.

Weaknesses:    Don't like the stock grips. Will be placing with a set of ODI grips very soon.
I switched the Small Block 8's for Conti Trail Kings for a little better soft condition traction. I ride in all conditions. Wet is the most common.

Bottom Line:
Switching from a 26er to this awesome 29er was not an issue for me as I thought there would be. Within 15 minutes of riding I was feeling right at home in the comfortable cockpit. Short-ish chainstays and long-ish top tube is the geo that works for me and this bike fits that bill. I am glad I made the change to the Trail Kings. My ride buddy was slipping and sliding with his 8's.
Mine is a 2012 so it has an aluminum frame with a taperd head tube. The 2013 have carbon frames.
When they first came out in 2011 they were aluminum with a srait head tube.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Biker Bob's (Ohio)