Raleigh Talus 29 Elite 29er Hardtail

• Frame: Atomic 13 SL Custom Butted Aluminum, Formed Downtube, CNC Machined Headtube
  • Fork: Fox F29 RL 100mm w/15mm Thru Axle
  • Cranks: Shimano FCM552, 2pc, 24/32/42t 10spd
  • Brakes: Shimano 505 Hydraulic w/SMRT76 2pc, 180/160mm Rotors
  • Tires: Geax AKA 29x2.2
  • Seatpost: Avenir 200 Series 27.2x400mm

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by tekno

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2012

Strengths:    price, fox shock, 29 inch wheels, and fit to my body and style of riding. surprised to find the fox shock on this price point. brakes and gears well matched to frame.....just a real nice fit overall.

Weaknesses:    seat perhaps also maybe the heavy wheels.....but since I ride beach sand dune trails with roots and rocks I find the GEAX tire set up rox!

Bottom Line:
    riding amelia and talbot islands mainly....this bike is sold and serviced by the local guy Joel at Fernandina Beach Cycle and fitness downtown. They have great prices and service!! **sold bike to me on sale for 1400...;)
    the bike is a perfect fit for someone riding off rode florida... bike eats beaches, trails, dunes, or old rail beds like a hungry dog inhaling table scraps!

raleigh talus 29 elite

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and am also in the market for a new bike. I am looking at the talus 29 elite. My LBS told me the msrp is $1750, they are willing to sell it to me for $1550. Is this a good deal? What other bikes compare to this? Thanks, SeanRead More »