Orbea MX29 29er Hardtail

Orbea MX29 10 Mountain Bike: Thanks to its 30 gears (11-36 in the back), the MX 29? 10 rolls like a rocket; in addition, it has quality hydraulic disc brakes, fork with adjustable preload setting, 100mm progressive travel and remote blocking, a super oversize handlebar/stem and ?fine? grips for full maneuvering control. The seat is comfortable and sporty and has excellent quality. For female bikers there is a standard seat with an ergonomics specific for women.

What?s more, the 29ers offer the extra stability and maneuverability of the Orbea Geometry, so you can find yourself climbing or going downhill on areas you couldn?t dominate before. Now they look easier on a 29er, don?t they? We?d recommend the 29? wheels especially if you?re 1.70m tall or taller.

Submitted by Tom a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2015

Strengths:    Fairly grippy stock tires, solid brakes. Remote lockout fork and a crazy amount of low gears for going up the hills. Lots of decent quality entry level Shimano. Shimano front and rear cassettes, Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, Shimano chain, Shimano crank.

Weaknesses:    Unpleasant seat. Less than stellar hand grips. Replaced both right away. While the Remote Lock-Out is nice going up hills the other aspects of the front fork aren't thrilling me when I go back down the hills. They replaced the SR Suntour XCR on the 2014 with a Rockshox fork in 2015. Clearly other people noted the same thing I did. Something is lacking in the XCR fork.

Bottom Line:
Got what I feel was a smoking deal on a 2014 Size XL Orbea MX10 29. $690CAD . It is a quality entry level bike. On paper it had everything I was looking for. After putting a significant amount of kilometers on it over 4.5 months here are my thoughts. The stock saddle is not for anyone who would use an XL bike. I replaced it and the hand-grips after a week. After a month of medium trail riding I started hitting the harder trails and found the front fork to be a little wanting. I'll likely replace it with a Rockshox XC30 like the 2015 model comes with our perhaps the 2015 Suntour XCR AIR if I can find a review of it anywhere. For that price the MX cant possibly be all thinks to all people but other than some minor upgrades (saddle) its a great well equipped bike for basic trail riding.

Purchased At:   Sportchek(Canada)

Bike Setup:   Size-XL

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!