Niner Bikes ONE 9 RDO 29er Hardtail

The newest member of our hardtail RDO program, the One 9 RDO is a singlespeed racer designed to go flat out fast. The One 9 RDO is specifically intended as a singlespeed racing bike, utilizing the reduced diameters and trimmed profiles of our RDO hardtail line up throughout. The rear brake mount is tucked inside the curving stays to distribute twisting forces evenly, permitting smaller caliper mounts and decreased wall thicknesses. Even the headset races in the headtube are molded carbon - we shaved grams wherever we found them. The net result? A singlespeed that can’t be matched for quality and weight.

Submitted by Al10076 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2016

Strengths:    Extremely light; Comes with a SID XX fork and a RDO fork; EBB makes it easy to adjust the chain

Weaknesses:    Extremely weak frame; EBB creaks terribly, the Niner Cogalicious RDO 20T is not round..chain goes tight - loose

Bottom Line:
I don't keep a clean bike frame. I was washing it after about 4 months and 350 miles of riding and found a suspicion spot on top of the seat stay near the middle of it. Niner said it was impact damage and not safe to ride. They offered a crash replacement frame for $1182.50. I can't remember a crash where this could have happened. I declined the replacement...can't afford to spend that much on a frame every 4 months or less. Read the warranty of any carbon MTN bike you want to buy. I don't think you are allowed to fall with them. Impact damage is a matter of opinion. If it is scratched, it's impact.