KHS Winslow 29er Hardtail

• Pedals: Wellgo resin platform
  • Saddle: KHS Sport

Submitted by JoJo a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2014

Strengths:    Great looking bike overall. Have no problems with it. Cuts up the steep MTB trails and handles very well on rough trails. I'm a big guy so this bike is light for me and over exceeded my expectations when purchasing it. Also handles very well on the streets. Just last night I humiliated a group of road cyclist on Wilshire Blvd (Los Angeles) passing them up while laughing my ass off. I even heard them one of them comment as I was passing them up muttering "Damn that bike is fast". Love this 29er. ;-)

Weaknesses:    The front disc brake started acting weird yesterday. Just not feeling right so I am taking it in first thing in the morning to get it looked at. Have a lifetime warranty on this bike for maintenance, adjustments, etc. So you better believe I'm going to take advantage of it ;-)

Bottom Line:
If your looking for a great bike that will last for a long time and will handle the MTB trails and also ride great on the streets then this would be your bike.

I recently added this bike to my arsenal of bikes and even though this bike may not be as much as my other ones, trust me I am very impressed with the overall handling, style and pricing of this bike. I can't say its a beginners bike because all the beginners bikes are the cheap ones that are being sold an Walmart. You pay for what you get but this bike is well worth the investment.

Ride safe!

Favorite Trail:   Los Angeles and San Bernardino Mountains

Duration Product Used:   All the time

Purchased At:   Southern Cali

Submitted by ijimmy

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2014

Strengths:    Good beginners bike for a big guy , better brakes than most at this price

Weaknesses:    Front derailer , actually broke on my bike , slow from a stop , regardless of fitment attempts , bike has awkward geometry , feels like you are riding on top of the bike instead of in the cockpit , pedals suck , you get what you pay for with the front fork

Bottom Line:
Good beginners bike for a big guy , you will break things on this bike , as its has inexpensive components .
For the price its not bad , rolls like a steamroller , would be an excellent bike for just fireroads and sugarsand trails , when things get technical , you will get beat up , and switchbacks are a nightmare on this bike . If you want an off road bike this is a good value , if you want to ride technical single track , switchbacks , or bike parks choose another

Submitted by targnik a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2013

Strengths:    my 1st 29er - goes up & down hills nicely (actually flies down hills) :zoom: Can take the knocks. Had it on some goat tracks w/ other riders & their $3.5 K bikes, managed to do all they did (@ a slower rate of course) :narb: Actually fell off 2 tracks into the above ride (rider skill - not bike) & she didn't skip a beat!! Breaks seem to handle my 113 kg frame (good big boys toy)

Weaknesses:    Front derailleur has caused chain to gag a couple of times. Got baby blue styles (last 1 in store) black & white would be da bomb. I like bigger pedals & haven't had issue with these (I am allergic to water mind you) :lol:

Bottom Line:
Thinking of parts to upgrade i.e. telescopic seat-post, front derailleur, pedals, forks!?
But, from looking around - that would be cost of a whole new bike :eek:
Maybe I'll upgrade parts that I can transfer to next mtb...

7.5 out of 10 for mind... Guess the more I get into riding the need to upgrade will become more apparent -otherwise bike is perfect for where I'm at :holla:

Submitted by walter

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2013

Strengths:    Big and light wheels and tires, very fast and sturdy at a reasonable price. Much cheaper than other brands with the same specs.

Weaknesses:    Weak front derailleur, not shifting smoothly, overall a heavy bike compared with other models.

Bottom Line:
A very nice and fast bike, if you could upgrade to a better derailleur and maybe a lighter front suspension fork, this is one bike you'll enjoy riding.

Submitted by C.Mac a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2013

Strengths:    Great price,good looks.is my first 29er now i see what all the fuss is about ,these things ride like cadillacs

Weaknesses:    stock derailleurs and pedals

Bottom Line:
great bike ,and gets this clydesdale around the trails very well

Favorite Trail:   arkabutla

Duration Product Used:   8months

Purchased At:   Midtown bike co. mem

Submitted by Hoss a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2012

Strengths:    Great bike, at an awesome price for a 29er.

Weaknesses:    Stock Derailers are a little weak and its worth the extra $100 to upgrade them before you even take the bike out the shop door.

Bottom Line:
Overall Great bike, derailers are only a minor issue.

Duration Product Used:   695.3 Km