Intense Hard Eddie 29er Hardtail

MSRP : $1979.00

Intense's full carbon 29'er hardtail delivers the race inspired ride quality and aethetics that Intense is legenadary for in a hardtail frame that weighs under 2.5 lbs.! This frame can be run with geared in 135x10 or 142x12 dropouts or single speed with horizontal drop outs with built-in tensioner. Features: -Internal shifter cable routing -BB30 bottom bracket -52mm lower head tube and 42mm upper headtube allow you to run a tapered steerer fork -G1 rear dropout mount system accepts 142x12 Shimano, SyntaceX12, standard 135QR dropouts or horizontal drop outs with built-in tensioner for single speed.

Submitted by Pedro Garcia a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2014

Strengths:    Traction, Comfort, downhill ability and perfection to detail.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
Brutal power transfere each pedal stroke you feel moving ahead, Comfort, sometimes i stop to check my rear tire for a flat but everthing is ok, traction even with a Specialized Renegade control tire on the rear the traction on acceleration is brutal ( on dry hard soil )and downhill, you reach speed you are not used to on a hardtail.The perfect bike to put a big smile on your face.

Favorite Trail:   Monsanto and Serra de Sintra

Purchased At:   Sublimegeração

Similar Products Used:   KTM Myroon LTD 29' 2013, Scott Scale 920 2014

Bike Setup:   Easton carbon seatpost and handlebar, KCNC stem, XT Ice-tech brakes 180mm,Rockshock Reba RL, Sram X01 complet group, DtSwiss XR1600 wheelset.

Submitted by reydin

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2013

Strengths:    Climbing, handling

Weaknesses:    None to speak of.

Bottom Line:
Having had a number of 29er hts including 1 or 2 Niner products, all it took was one ride on a Hard Eddie at last years Sea Otter to convince me to sell the Scott Scale Pro I was on at that time and head to my local Intense dealer. I have found my Hard Eddie to be the best handling 29er HT I've yet to spend time on. It climbs as well if not better than any frame set Ive yet to ride and those include 2 Gary Fishers (a Paragon and a Super Fly) a Specialized S Works HT, the afore mentioned Scott Scale and two Niner products. I've been on mine for about 7 months now and it has handled all the Nor Cal I've had the nerve and fitness through at it with no issues whatsoever.
As for the fit and setup, I'm 6.0' even with a 32" inseam and I fit perfect on a large set up with a 70 mm stem and a setback post. I tried running it with a 120 travel fork and for me it didn't work with my style of ridding (whatever that is) all I know is I'm running a 100 mm for now and I love it! The transmission is XO with Formula R1 brakes, ENVE bar and post, Syntace stem, Roval carbon trail wheel 142 rear, 15 through front, Schwalbe Rocket Ron rear and a Schwalbe Nobby Nic front.

Submitted by colnago888 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2013

Strengths:    Light and nimble for a 29er. Very nice matching carbon rigid fork.

Weaknesses:    BB design may require a longer axle if you want to run an inner ring bigger than a 26

Bottom Line:
I love this bike! My set up consists of SRAM XX drivetrain, brakes and upgraded to the super stuff Cannondale Hollowgram SISL crankset 26/39. I also changed to road gearing in the back. The bike does want to go fast especially with the S Works Renegade tires. You may want to go with a more aggressive tread design on long climbs. The lightweight rig does require the rider to put proper weight distribution on climbs to avoid spinning the rear wheels.

The top tube is on the long side, so choose your size properly or your may end up having to use an extra short stem and zero setback seatpost. I am 5'10 with a 32" inseam and have opted for the medium size. The bike fits like a glove. I will be using this bike as a commuter bike so I will be switching between fast and aggressive tire design. The bike is perfect for fast singletrack since it corners very despite the big wheels.

The bike can be converted to a single speed set up, but I may leave it as a geared bike for now. Have I mentioned I love this bike!!!!

Favorite Trail:   The Shed

Purchased At:   Pink bike

Similar Products Used:   Stumpy FSR Comp Evo, Cyclo cross bike.

Bike Setup:   SRAM XX hydraulics
Foam ODI grips
Jagwire Braided Cables

Submitted by Barry Parker a Racer

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2013

Strengths:    Amazing ride, Climbs like a home sick angel, makes fast decents so much fun.

Bottom Line:
I went from a Trek top Fuel 9.8 to this Intense Hard Eddie. I was a little nervous about my decision. I not only went from a 26 to a 29 but I was going back to a Hard Tail. After the first ride I was not to sure about my decision but after I rode it a few times Wow!! This bike is amazing, super fast down hill, super fast uphill, love the 29 wheels. This bike is so cool! It's still a hardtail, if you want a soft ride this bike is probably not for you. If you want a go fast machine this bike is for you.

Favorite Trail:   Swayback bridge Trail