Haro Flightline Carbon Series 29er Hardtail

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The FLC Elite is the highest-end mountain bike in Haro history features SRAM XX1, an innovative 11-speed system that completely eliminates the front derailleur and shifter while still offering a gear range to handle all riding conditions. Add in the legendary Rock Shox SID SL with a 15mm thru axle.

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2015

Strengths:    Great Frame. Similar to all the other that China and Taiwan produce.

Weaknesses:    Cheap build.

Bottom Line:
I bought the FLC 29 Carbon Comp(the lowest level Haro Carbon) from Pricepoint about 6 months ago. This is my first 29er and it so much better than riding a 26". Haro really spec'ed their lower end bike with cheap parts. Mine is a 14 so it has the XC30 fork which I just upgraded to a REBA. The XC30 alone weighs 5lbs and there is a sucking sound when the fork rebounds. Other than the weight and the sucking sound the fork isn't that bad. The wheels are heavy but can take a beating. Hated the bar they had on it, it was riser bar that lasted one ride before I replaced it. The overall weight of the bike is about 28lbs. Pretty heavy for a carbon hardtail. For $2000 it is not a good deal when you consider what is out there. Spend a few hundred more and look at the specialized or something similar if you are paying retail. I got mine for $1000 so it was a pretty good deal. A few more upgrades and it will great.
Don't buy this if you think it is a good deal at $2000. Expect to make a lot of upgrades if you are a serious rider. Once you start doing that, you are better off looking at other bike builds.
Overall I love it. But I paid far less than retail. I bought it for the frame which so far has not disappointed me.

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   1st 29er.

Submitted by TNhardtail a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2014

Strengths:    Very solid and strong feel. Quick! Quick! Quick! A 19" on 29's that feels like a 17" on 26's

Weaknesses:    Other than ME?? ... I haven't been able to find any so far??

Bottom Line:
Well let's start saying I certainly don't have the $6000.00+ FLC Elite but I'm working on it! My FLC Comp is on the same platform as the extreme high end Elite. This is a great and somewhat affordable way ($2K) to jump head first into the ranks of carbon fiber bikes. With a very solid foundation, the FLC allows you to "build to suit" with no worries at all.
This MTB is the complete and extremely competent package you have been looking for !
For those who say ... "Haro?" ... I say ... "Follow me!"

Favorite Trail:   Jack Rabbit, Hayesville, NC