Haro Flightline 29 29er Hardtail

Lightweight oversized 6061 aluminum frame w/ integrated headtube, SR Suntour XCT V-4 80mm travel fork with alloy lower legs, Full Shimano shifting package and Tektro IO disc brakes. Available in White/Euro Blue and Race Red/Black colors.

Submitted by nelson

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2012

Strengths:    This was the first bike i have bought in a while (like 10 years) wanted an entry level bike that i could use and up grade some parts with not spending a lot of money. Over all its a good beginner bike shifting is nice for a while, and the bike has a good rider feel to it.

Weaknesses:    OK, this is why the bike is priced where its at. As a beginner it was fine after 1 month of riding i have put 400 miles on it. The bike is a little heavy for long single track runs, the brakes are ok the rear brake went out in the first month while i was going about 25 mph on a single track ( it was fun to try and stop) componets are ok for the price of the bike. already chipped teeth on the spocket by just riding hard. Stock seat is a little uncomfortable, the front forks are ok, stock tires are ok i changed then after the first 100 miles, also had to upgrade the pedels came with cheap plastic ones.

Bottom Line:
Overall this bike is priced good for what ya get, if your going to ride 4-5 times a week and actually ride the bike hard then definatly get a better bike than this. I will be upgrading to a different bike next month. the 2013 models from haro look good or i might have to go back to trek. I wish the bike overall was stronger but you get what you pay for. The bike is perfect for a beginner that just wants to ride a few miles every now and then but if your a single track or technical guy like my self please save up a little more money and get exactly what you want beleive me you will be happy you did. Hope this helps only my modest opinion.

Submitted by wayne

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2012

Strengths:    Solid entry level mountian bike. The price is perfect and most of the components are the same as the big names such as Trek, Specialized and GT

Weaknesses:    Upgrade the pedals and the fork in the future.

Bottom Line:
Great entry level mountian bike. Haro stands behind there products and value customer input. I did alot of research and compaired many bikes, the Haro has held up very well so far. I used to ride a Trek 4500. After riding the Haro, I'm pretty sure that all I got extra with the Trek was the name and paying an extra couple hundred dollars for the Trek decals. The best bike for your money

Submitted by Ihitatree a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2012

Strengths:    Stock Haro Pivit parts are not that heavy, seat is really comfortable, price for the specs, fit and finish, looks

Weaknesses:    Suntour can't get their act together

Bottom Line:
I got this bike for $480 from LBS. I was prepared to spend a little more, but I got on it and it just felt right.

I've taken it on several single track runs now, and it really is amazing how a sub $500 bike performs. The lockout forks are great for road or smooth trail. The gears are sharp. I just can't get enough of it.

So the weird (nothing bad)... The forks. The website says they are not lock-out... The pics say it is. Mine is, but who knows? The lockout fork usually doesn't show up until you hit the $650 price range.

Also weird... Suntour or Tektro this time, who knows? Comes with 160mm rotors. I switched them to 180mm without any adapter modification... Way better performance. I don't know WHAT to make of that!

As a bonus, the stem, bars and seat post are really not crap. I took a set of bars and stem from a comparable Specialized, and the bar + stem weight was 1kg... Bar and stem for the Pivit set was half that

The seat is really nice, haven't even wanted to change it.

Bike weighs ~ 33lbs stock (weighed with scale at home).

Nothing else to add. Just about the best $500 I've ever spent on a toy.

Favorite Trail:   Chicopee

Similar Products Used:   None, KTM 250

Bike Setup:   Avid Speed Dial 7, Ashima Air rotor 180mm F&R, Alivio shifters, 180mm flat bars

Submitted by ImaTotalDouche a Weekend Warrior from San Antonio, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2012

Strengths:    This is my first real mountain bike....it's so ridiculously awesome. It's got 20 speeds and those Kenda tires will grip and climb over ANYTHING...(well anything that I've been on anyway) It's just a really fun bike to ride, it feels like your riding a monster truck through the bike paths and you're unstoppable.

Weaknesses:    There's only two weaknesses that I ran into.
1. The remote lockout for the shocks is plastic and raises above the handlebars, normally you wouldn't think that would be an issue, but I took a spill on a trail and snapped the lever. Replacing it cost me $45.00 on ebay.
2. The top bar is kind of a weird shape. So I had this Thule hitch bike rack with the two posts and it was kind of a nightmare to finagle this thing onto the two post bike racks. So I ended up getting a bike rack that locked onto the wheels instead.....now it's awesome.

Bottom Line:
Get it, run to the store and get it now!

Favorite Trail:   OP Schnaebel

Purchased At:   Action Bikes

New Bike 2014 Haro Flightline 29 Trail better pedals?

Hi everyone!! I recently purchased my first mountain bike (2014 Haro Flightline 29 Trail) and have started looking into trails and locations I can take it to go riding. I started riding around my neighborhood and going in and out of uneven surfaces with gravel and ditches to get a feel for the bi ... Read More »

Newbie to MTBR & Mtn Biking - Loving my new 2014 Haro Flightline Expert 29

Hello Everyone! New to Mtn Biking & Mtbr.com (not a green newbie was previously a roadie) just wanted to say hey! My long time mechanic in my roadie days ventured out and opened his own bike shop here in Virginia. Robert recommended the Haro Flightline Expert 29. I am loving it! I had not seen much ... Read More »