Fuji Nevada 1.1 29er Hardtail

• Cassette: Driven, 11-36T, 10-speed
  • Tires: Hutchinson Cobra, 29" x 2.1", 33 tpi

Submitted by Babak a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2017

Strengths:    Great Components

Weaknesses:    Hard to hang it on the carrying rack

Bottom Line:
I am a mid-level week worrier that for the past seven years I rode my bike hard on Santa Monica Mountain fire roads and trails and due to an accident I destroyed my hard tail bike and decided to upgrade to a better one. After 4 weeks and reading reviews and visiting many bike shops, I came up to the conclusion that I cannot afford to buy a good full suspension bike but should upgrade to bigger wheels and better components. For a hard tail bike a bit under $1000 Fuji Nevada 1.1 is the best bike for the buck, it has good Hydraulic breaks, 30 speed, it shifts smooth, front shocks that are great and are lockable at handle bar and good tires. This bike is even lighter than my pervious bike.
I am very impressed and I love this bike and I highly recommend this to beginners and mid-level bikers.

Favorite Trail:   Malibu Creek- Santa Monica Mountain trails and fire roads

Duration Product Used:   3 month

Purchased At:   Performance bike

Submitted by elliott a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2014

Strengths:    Quality of the frame and the components works well and balances out the bike very well.

Weaknesses:    Saddle

Bottom Line:
The bike and components on the bike are balanced perfectly. The frame is awesome and handles fast and smooth, it's almost like you forget that your on a 29er. That's what I really liked the bike especially being my first 29er. This bike is great for somebody who is new to 29er's and even guys who are familiar it's that good of a bike. You get on and you ride and it's smooth and feels great. The tires are great and add to the handling of the bike, as well as the brakes on the bike are awesome. Good stopping power they seem to perform well in all weather condition especially wet rainy condition. Nothing really bad to report about them they are great. The saddle is really the only down side to the bike but then again what bike comes with a saddle that you like. The forks are awesome and are another part of why the bike handles so nice, wish they were a little bit better but again nothing to drastic that takes away from the bike. The lack of lock on grips was another thing that I didn't like but nothing major that couldn't be changed out. Overall the value of the bike for that price point is hard to beat although not being 100% the minor flaws can easily get fixed! The bike rocks get on one and you'll see what i'm talking about!

Purchased At:   the path bicycle and