Felt Nine Team 29er Hardtail

• Frame: Felt Nine Carbon XC Series UHM carbon fiber; Dingle Guard replaceable Kevlar downtube protector; bolt-on Kevlar chain watcher
  • Fork: RockShox Reba Team Dual Air 29 with 80mm travel
  • Drivetrain: Truvativ Noir crankset; SRAM X-9 front and X-0 rear derailleur and shifters
  • Components: Felt RXC stem and saddle; Devox RXC riser carbon bar; Control Tech carbon seatpost; Felt custom cableset and dual density grips; Avid Elixir CR brakeset with 160mm rotors
  • Wheelset: Mavic Crossmax 29
  • Finish: 2-Tone: Clear Carbon / Gloss Super White
  • Sizes: 16.5, 18.5, 20.5

Felt Nine Team 29er Hardtail Pro Review

Andy Holmes from Felt shows us the line of Nine Series bikes for 2012. The Felt Nine line includes the new Comp with a higher end alloy frame and good quality componentry, the Team, Elite, Race, Sport and Trail models. Continue reading →

Submitted by Ebig a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2012

Strengths:    Weighs 22ish lbs (without pedals). It amazes me everytime I ride just how fast this thing rolls. Besides that it is super comfortable, I honestly enjoy riding much more now (I upgraded from a GT Avalanche that I beat up for 8ish years). Also the XO components are fantastic! My first 29er, this climbs like a machine.

Weaknesses:    I have had to re-learn how to ride because I am going so much faster!
I'm not sure if I had to adjust to the 29er or adjust to the fact that that this is a completely different bike, but I definately earned some good wounds from some good quality crashs.

Bottom Line:
Overall, this seems to be a great mountain bike. I went from trail riding 3 days a week, to riding almost everyday. Btw, this review is for a 2011, purchased in new in July of 2012.

Favorite Trail:   Brighton

Purchased At:   Roll Models, Allen P

Bike Setup:   Pretty much stock. I had to take approx. 25mm off the width of the handlebars.

Submitted by O.S.Rider

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2012

Strengths:    Once this thing is rolling get out of the way. Rides super smooth and quiet, the vulpine tires are so fast, but im not sure a few wipeouts I had were not due to those things being slippery. The Devox bars are very sweet looking and the Mavic rims that came with mine are solid. I love this bike.

Bottom Line:
Great bike thats super light and hauls ass, pricey but look for a floor model or a deal!

Submitted by NClongrides a Cross Country Rider from Winston-Salem

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2010

Strengths:    First 29er. Bought for long endurance races. Very light and durable. Excellent geometry and handling. This is my first carbon bike ever. Switched from a 120mm trail bike to this. Certainly a bit more to handle on the decents, but it feels solid after my first three rides. Climb, climb, climb!!! Certainly faster on this bike after figuring out the cornering and general ride characteristics. Doing Leadville 100 on this sucker. No doubt it will improve my time significantly.

Weaknesses:    Still not totaly convinced that Rock Shox are as solid as the Fox forks, but I am going to give it a shot on this one. Probably switch from 80mm to 100mm this week to see how it changes.

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a solid carbon hardtail 29er for race purposes, look no further. Boo ya! I'll certainly keep my 120mm trail bike for the epic days in Pisgah, but would not hesitate to pull this out of the stable for any ride.

Favorite Trail:   Kitzuma

Purchased At:   Clemmons Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   None. This setup is totally new to me. Between my Specialized Stumpjumper 120 and my Cannondale road bike, I would say this is a good medium. Like it.

Bike Setup:   Stock from Felt. 80mm setup on fork, but prob switch to 100mm by the end of the week.

Submitted by Sean a Cross Country Rider from Meridian, Idaho

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2010

Strengths:    Weight, handling, carbon (bling) factor

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
This is my first 29er. Compared to my 26 FS bikes it handles surprisingly similar, maybe even a bit faster. Traction is incredible on climbs, and that's with the WTB Vulpine semi-slicks that come stock. I find myself able to stand on climbs that I had to previously stay seated. Shifts are super crisp with the SRAM XO and so far the Elixir brakes have been trouble free. Me likey trouble free bikes, so 5 Chile's

Favorite Trail:   3 Bears