Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 29er Full Suspension

4.53/5 (60 Reviews)

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29: The Stumpy FSR Comp 29 is built from an M5 aluminum frame with 130mm of rear wheel travel, a custom Fox Triad II shock with AUTOSAG, Fox Evolution F130 RL air-sprung fork, and a custom...

Submitted by jtorlando25 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2012

Strengths:    -Great component package for the price
-Faster than I can handle when pointed dowhnill
-Handles like a boss and soaks up everything I throw at it on the root covered VA trails

Weaknesses:    -Stock bars are WIDE for xc riding and they flex alot during climbing. (This is the only negative thing I can say about the bike so I take off no points for it.)
-Bent a spoke on the first ride...meh I'm a big guy

Bottom Line:
I've been riding the bike hard for a few weeks now and have had zero issues and needed zero adjustments to become comfortable in the cockpit. I've ridden a hardtail 29er for 2 years and riding the stumpy feels like cheating. It made me much faster, more confident, and I enjoy riding that much more now. The thing I like the most is that the bike is capable of much more than I am at this time and I have room to grow with it.

Favorite Trail:   Foutnainhead Regional Park

Purchased At:   Old Towne Bikes in F

Bike Setup:   All stock components with the addition of a Sun Ringle Charger Pro wheelset.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!