Specialized Epic Comp 29er 29er Full Suspension

4.31/5 (42 Reviews)

The M5 aluminum Epic Comp 29 has 100mm of travel and 29-inch wheels to smooth any cross-country terrain.

• 29" M5 alloy Competitive XC frame with 100mm of supple FSR suspension features 29er-specific geometry with short chainstays, low BB, and roomy top tube for confident all-day riding and racing
  • Specialized and Fox blend their brains to develop the FlowControl Mini Brain shock with Brain Fade inertia valve, air spring, and adjustable rebound for World Cup - and local trail - domination
  • RockShox Reba RLT 29er fork with 100mm travel, rebound/compression adjust, and Floodgate control allows this 29er to soak up rocks like no other
  • Specialized Hi Lo disc hub with 142+ spacing and sealed cartridge bearings has a higher flange on the disc side, which stiffens the wheel in this high-stress area
  • S-Works The Captain 29 x 2.0" front and S-Works Renegade 29 x 2.0" rear 2Bliss Ready dual compound tires work together to deliver exceptional speed and traction, while minimizing rotating weight
  • SRAM's venerable X9 long cage rear derailleur is super tough and light, yet delivers pinpoint shifts in the worst conditions

Submitted by Jim M

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2014

Strengths:    This climbs like a billygoat and handles the trail chatter without issue. The components work without issue and moving from the small front ring to the big ring is quick and accurate. Brakes are flawless.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This is my second Specialized bike. Moving to the Epic Comp, I instantly increased speed, agility and confidence on the trail. If in trouble, I just lift the front wheel and the thing rolls over anything. Tires stick to the Michigan dirt like velcro. The rear shock is surprisingly quick to engage and softens the hits and landings. Getting used to the two ring setup up front was quick and now I frequently use the entire gear range. I was told that Michigan was not full suspension territory, not so, this bike tears up the trails. The added weight isn't even noticed. Buy one.

Submitted by Leslie Choquette a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2014

Strengths:    Climbs like a mountain goat. Rocket ship on the flats.

Weaknesses:    Going from a 2006 Epic, I'm not used to the wider handlebars. I may have to have them cut down a little for narrow spots, if I can't adjust my technique.

Bottom Line:
I've been riding a 2006 Epic 26er (with 10,000 miles on it and multiple rebuilds), and I can't believe the difference in technology in 8 years. On the very first ride, I was climbing more easily and riding faster. This is an amazingly great bike.

Purchased At:   Bicylcle Alley, Worc

Submitted by Adi

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2014

Strengths:    gosh! this bike is awesome!!! very fast and stiff, ilove this bike.

Weaknesses:    compare my last full susp bike, i found this bike no weakness

Bottom Line:
im using 29er Epic Alu Comp and i'd upgrade it to Sram XO with Rockshox SID World Cup

Submitted by Big Jim

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2013

Strengths:    Epic comp 29er

Rider Age 41- weight 75kg - height 5ft 9 - bike size Medium.

Ok , having rode Specialized Hardtail 26ers since 1990 I was reluctant to splash out £2600 for a heavier full sus bike. My riding style is XC and with the exception of a few alpine events most of my trails are bridleways around the Dales and Pennines.
I eventually decided on the epic over the stumpy carbon and weighing in at just under 28lb it's a full 4lb heavier than my last bike. I upgraded the brakes to Hope X2 with the tech levers and married them up with 160 floating rotors.
There are so many positives about this bike. The brain works instantaneously in fact you would hardly notice the shock working at all. It's such a smooth ride. Gearing is great although the 2-10 will take a little getting used to. The rock shox Reba RL are awesome,very responsive. The bike corners great and on road is very fast. However it's not until you take her off road that you truly appreciate just how good this bike is. Fast, nimble, comfy, agile I could go on. The 29ers ride over much of the little lumps n bumps that my Hardtail would throw me about on. Love it

Weaknesses:    none yet, I've only done 350 on it so far ( in 2 weeks ) although I didn't give the brakes chance to impress. I upgraded to Hope Tech 2 X2s immediately. Will probably get Hoops on stan rims in the near future

Bottom Line:
Superb piece of kit. Fast on road sections and brilliant off road. Its a Cross country riding machine that you can comfortably use for the all day rides. Worth every penny

Submitted by Reillyj a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2013

Strengths:    Blazingly fast on flats, 2x10, climbing machine, black/grey paint scheme is badass, descends like an AM bike, fork is perfect, I could go on forever...

Weaknesses:    X-9 rear derailuer isn't exactly impressive, mine ghost shifts, but that could be an adjustment thing. Tires are not so great for where I ride.

Bottom Line:
This bike is good, too good. I've been lucky enough to ride and own some very nice bikes, this is hands down my favorite. I've sat here for 45 minutes trying to figure out a way to explain how it is so good, but I really don't know. Simply put, once you get it dialed, its a masterpiece. If you like to fart around and cruise the trails, get a trail bike. If you only care about covering lots of ground, get a hardtail. If you are gonna bomb the downhills and hike up, buy a downhill bike. If you wanna climb slow and bomb the downhills, get an all mountain bike. If you want to be blazingly fast everywhere, buy an epic. I can cook on the flats and climbs, yet I don't even need to drop the seat post to bomb a downhill section. How the f$#@ did specialized do it?

Favorite Trail:   Anything at Annadel SP

Duration Product Used:   200 miles

Purchased At:   Goride

Similar Products Used:   Trance, fsrxc, stumpjumper, blur.

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by mike evans

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2013

Strengths:    Fantastically efficient, very fast. In or out of the saddle its geometry feels spot on to gain every last drop of energy. Love it. rear cassette was stupidly noisy to the point where my mates were complaining. But it is dead easy to split and repack with some decent grease. Much nicer now' but still not as good as a top end shimano.

Weaknesses:    Bb and rear cassette need greasing or the bb will fail quickly and the cassette will lose you friends being so noisy that before I fixed it I would choose to pedal everywhere.

Bottom Line:
great bike for fast xc single track and as good as a road bike on country roads

Submitted by Loueee a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2013

Strengths:    The Ride! I love the way this bike climbs and descends; what else is there. The 29er wheels took a little getting used to but this bike tracks down hill and climbs sooo much better than my '03 Epic its like night and day. I bought mine 10 months old so definitely 5 big chilis for value! Haven't had any hub issues yet.

Weaknesses:    Brakes are noisy and they tend to fade. I had XTR's on my old Epic and they were much better brakes than these 7's. Looking into some Maguras to replace the stock brakes.

Bottom Line:
After I got the air pressures right, this bike is a dream to ride. I can't wait to get out and ride it!

Favorite Trail:   3 barrels

Similar Products Used:   Rockhopper, Stumpjumper, '04 Epic

Bike Setup:   All stock with tubeless tires.

Submitted by Michael Shanks

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2012

Strengths:    Climbing, agility, smooth ride, ability to ride through / over what I had to thread through on 2005 Epic
Brain

Weaknesses:    Still to be determined, making some tweaks to firm the ride up, front fork maybe weak point

Bottom Line:
I started riding MTB in Dec 2011, purchased a used 2005 Epic M4 FSR (obviously a 26in) with a top of the line Fox front end, with Mavic wheels, put roughly a 1,000 miles on that bike in a year. Demo's the 2012 Epic 29 Comp (aluminum), a 2012 Epic Carbon, and a 2012 Specialized Caliber (Carbon). All were fantastic bikes, being an average, and new, rider I could not tell that much difference to justify spending the $$ on the carbon, so it came down to the aluminum Epic and Caliber. Was able to work a 2012 closeout deal on the Epic, so went with that.
I have had bike for about a month, have at least a dozen rides on it. VERY happy with it, just the jump from 26 to 29 was huge, 1st ride on the new 2012 Epic 29 Comp I had a 1/2 dozen personal records on Strava segments on one of the my normal rides, note that was 1st ride before I got used to the 2x10 gearing.
The new Epic climbs like a mountain goat, I just point it up the hill, don't have to be overly concerned with the line, I just ride over whatever, going up hill (STEEP) I can just torque it, go slower, with more control, that is WAY kewl.
On downhills, the combination of the Brain, and the Reba make for a super smooth ride.
I am SUPER pleased with the 2x10 gearing, I find I can spend 75% of my time in the big gear on the front.
If anything the ride is a little too plush, I just added 20lbs to both the front and rear shock, and two more clicks towards firm on the brain, everything was set "out of the box" in middle of the road. Will report back on that.
Paid $2,500 for this bike, I believe (and that's what's important) that I got a good deal.
Would highly recommend this bike

Submitted by Sean a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2012

Strengths:    Aluminium frame is light
Moderate level gear does the job
SAME BRAIN SUSPENSION AS THE TOP RANGE BIKE
Handles really well.

Weaknesses:    Needs a better seat.
Avid Elixer brakes are noisy - and I can get my old Deore V grips dialed in better. Will be the first upgrade.

Bottom Line:
I am writing a review of the 2012 Epic Comp 29er with the SRAM X7/X9, Avid Elixer, Specialised Rims/Sworks Tires. All stock.

Firstly, this is my first serious mountain bike. I bought this bike 6 months ago, and have since been initiated into a bunch of technical single track riding - still mastering the skills. Secondly, I live in Darwin, Australia so there are no mountains. After agonising over suspension travel, I took the advice of my mate who is going from a Scott Genius to the Spark - less can be more. I haven't regretted it so far.

The rear suspension is amazing. The best aspect of this bike for a "budget" is that the base model has the same rear suspension as the top model. IMO, rear suspension is the heart of the dually, and every other manufacturer gives you a second rate rear spring on their entry level bike. If you want to upgrade drive train, brakes, front forks later you can - the frame is the same (add a few grams) and the rear shock is the same.

Brain has a variable "platform" which when it is exceeded engages the full suspension mode. After playing with this for a few weeks, I realised you can change how long it stays engaged! Eg you can have it set quite hard for hammering across open flat ground, and then say you hit a rocky patch,it will engage (full range of suspension) and stay engaged longer while there is still input before it goes hard again. I use this set up quite a bit, perfect for heading across flat XC tracks with random harsh rock gardens around the corner.

Set hard, this bike is fast out of the corners, with a direct forwards power surge with each pedal push, can easily get out of the saddle and mash, even with brain soft. I don't have a car, and having a real working rear lockout makes the "portage" part of my ride (usually about 15-20kms each way) much much more tolerable. Also, these 29" wheels roll so fast that really in terms of energy on the flat tarmac, it is a comfortable bike to ride fully locked out. Agree with other comments here that you need to run the pressures a bit higher than in the book so the brain doesn't bottom out, but with a high pressure and brain set to full hard, it is like a hard tail. Except when you jump off a curb, and it activates to full suspension. So nice.

But that's not why you buy this bike.

Off road it is way more capable than I imagined in the rough rocky stuff. Uphill on technical ascents it is really good. The 29" wheels make getting over uphill rock gardens and roots that much easier, just bobble over them if you pick the line right.
This bike is really stable at speed. It feels great on the fast open smooth downhill trails, and tracks nicely through flowing sections. Its weird, unlike a 26", the 29" wheels seem to float through fast slippery gravel sections, it doesn't really "rail" so to speak like smaller wheels do, which once you get used to it actually feels quite in control when both ends are sliding around. Geometry wise it has a slightly slacker front angle, making it a bit more forgiving pointing down, and it never has that really twitchy "over the handle bars" feel to it. Never the less, you can throw it from side to side quickly, and it feels a lot lighter than the number suggest. It is also pretty good on the switch backs once you get used to the size of the wheels.

The drive train - well its not XTR. It does the job quickly, and if you treat it with respect it picks the gears every time. Only one chain drop with the 2x10 gear, a quick adjustment to the front derailer and it's never happened again.

Wheels - same. Entry level, but they are more than adequate for my needs.

Cons - the brakes squeal. Lots. I hear it's an issue with the Avid Elixirs. Haven't manned up enough to hit them with sandpaper yet, but I suspect it wont be long...

Also, some of the Specialised branded gear that comes on the bike is of medium quality - but then it is the base model. I'm thinking mostly the bar and the seats, both could use an upgrade. The seat clicks and feels like it moves ever so perceptibly, which is annoying without actually changing the function of the bike.

Overall, I'm really happy with this bike. I rode quite a few others, this felt the most capable. The ride/handling was the nicest of the bikes I looked at. Overall, the ride and the fact that the rear suspension is the same as the more expensive bikes tipped my choice in favour of the Epic, even if the "groupset" was lower than some of the competitors in the price range. It has done everything I ask of it, and I can't stop smiling when I ride = money well spent.

Looking forward to upgrades in the next few years as I upgrade my skills, to bring the most out of this bike.

Submitted by Markus a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2012

Strengths:    Frame geometry, weight

Weaknesses:    components, shock setup

Bottom Line:
This review is for an early release aluminum 2013 Epic Comp 29er in silver.
Coming from a 26" hard tail, I figured it was time for a fully suspended 29er. After comparing and testing a bunch of bikes in the SJ FSR class (SJ, Trek, Yeti, Salsa, Rocky Mountain) I came across the Epic, of which my LBS had two 2012 demo bikes and one brand new 2013. Being that I don't live in the mountains and never have to conquer 10ft drops, I came to the conclusion that 100mm travel might be just the right amount - more comfortable than rigid, yet not too plush to eat up my valuable pedal energy going uphill. I was very skeptical about the "brain". I am also not big a fan of the Avid/Rockshox/SRAM family of components but figured I could always upgrade to Shimano hardware and a Fox front end if need be. What convinced me was the great frame geometry (I ride a large frame), cornering capabilities and the light-weight feel that this bike had compared to all other $3-4k bikes I saw - I doubt there's more than a pound or two advantage at 27lbs out the box, but to me the Epic just felt a lot lighter than the SJ or the boat anchor of a Yeti. I also assumed that the Magura brakes on the 2013 would be an upgrade to the Avid brakes of previous years' models. Last but not least it is a advertising / selling point that the Epic is the only fully suspended mtb to win an XC title.

Now I've had the bike for about five weeks, rode about 450mls including two regional cat 3 races and a 100 mile endurance race.

The good news:
This bike is very, very fast. It corners pretty much like a 26", yet it takes off like a rocket and maintains great speed up and down the hills. Seriously, clipped in it accelerates like it's on nitro compared to my old ride. It feels light (of course not S-works-light) but barely ever loses traction.
Speed: I easily clipped an average of 1.5 - 2 min off every 30 min loop/ride in different terrains compared to my 26" hard tail. Almost more importantly, it takes a lot less effort to do so.

The not-so-good news:
The auto-sag function works for rail trail riding at best. Both front and rear shocks bottom out like there's no tomorrow if you stick to the suggested settings. I finally have it figured out for my riding - at 180lbs weight, I'm running 145lbs in the fork (opposed to the suggested 125) and a tick over 210lbs pressure in the rear shock (while auto-sag puts me somewhere around 165-170).
The "brain" is a nice idea and it seems to do the job, but it requires a lot of experimenting to get the setting right. For me it now works best all-tight or one click back. But the sound and the feel of it actuating still makes me think I'm running a flat or my frame is broken at times. The actuation does get a bit smoother over time.
The Magura brakes are no improvement over the Avid's (would have expected better from a BMW motorcycle supplier) - they are just as noisy and often take more than a half revolution to build up grip. Shimano as "low-end" as SLX series would do a much better job.
The SRAM drive train is ok but not great, does not feel overly smooth or exact and can be noisy at times. The gearing - although quite standard - often puts my comfort zone right in between gears 1/10 and 2/2, so I may be better off converting my 24/38 dual rings to a single 32 in the front (or see if I can change the 24 ring to a 30 or 32 as I'd like to keep the tall gears for rail trail and fast, smooth downhill).
The Reba fork.... well, there's Fox and then there's the rest. Wish they'd offer an aftermarket float 100 model in black (frame is silver, so a white fork would look stupid).

Yesterday I dropped the bike at my LBS for a tune up, and a check-over, mostly because I am now after 450mls experiencing three different noises in my drive train. A clicking noise developed over the past week and is definitely coming from the crank. The other two - drastically louder and developed over the last 30mls - come from the broken rear axle (!) and a lot of play in the upper left FSR pivot bolt / bushing.
The paint job is soft and thin, I can see the bare aluminum where my rubber-sole of my 5-10 shoe rubs against the chain stay on the right side. The formerly black brake levers are pretty much silver now after 5 weeks. This is a quality like a $0.99/bottle home depot spray paint.

Bottom line, for the money, it's a great and very fast trail & moderate terrain XC bike. The frame geometry and weight work awesome for me. The components are certainly not top of the line, but I knowingly went for a well-suited frame with upgrade possibilities (opposed to a mediocre frame with great hardware).

Granted I'm not much of a gentle fire trail rider, the bike is taking a good amount of abuse.

Would I buy it again? On a $3-4k budget for fast single track & moderate XC riding: Yes.
Do I wish they offered an SLX or XT-equipped version with a Fox fork for $500-700 more? Definitely.

Favorite Trail:   Glacier Ridge / Long Island

Duration Product Used:   5 weeks / 450mls

Purchased At:   Brand's / Wantagh NY

Similar Products Used:   Tested most comparable models of major manufacturers.

Bike Setup:   Stock except upgraded rear tire, tubeless setup, Crank Brothers Eggbeaters and Kronolog seat post (best thing since sliced bread if installed correctly).

Submitted by David a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2012

Strengths:    Light and agile through the trails. The BRAIN is a huge selling point--it works! VERY fast bike.

Weaknesses:    My breaks can be noisy at times. But then again, who cares? If you do, go work out at the gym.

Bottom Line:
If you're looking for a excellent trail/cross-country bike, this is tops. I have ridden Stumpjumpers, Enduro's, Cambers, and even a Rumblefish in my day. This bike spanks all of them hands down. My review is for a 2012, FYI. The BRAIN works perfectly. This bike is FAST FAST FAST on a single track, so watch out. Climbs hills like a hard-tail. Still light, especially for a FSR. Great when tuned correctly. My breaks have a tendency so sound like crap some times (the rear in particular), but taking time to clean the pads every now and then resolves this. This bike is the ONLY FSR 29er to win world cups, and it is clear why. I have only abut 90 miles on mine, but no complaints to date. For the record: My dealer and several others I have contacted have no idea about and have never had to service a "hub" issue, so don't let it deter you. I am sure any issues have been fixed--this isn't Specialized' first rodeo in bike engineering.

Bike Setup:   Time ATAC XS + Specialized MTB Comp = Love. 100psi front, 150psi rear. Using transparent tire-patching kit ($2.00) as cable-rub guards. Works and looks great.

Submitted by Mark a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2012

Strengths:    the BRAIN! pro-pedal can't cut it, hardtails are, HARD.

Weaknesses:    The hubs I guess, but who cares, it's just an excuse I can use to tell the wife so that I can upgrade.

Bottom Line:
This thing just flies. I am cross country rider and if you love to climb in and out of the saddle hard, this bike responds with nothing but fast forward. Descents are fun too, and the 29er wheel rolls over stuff, corners hard and makes downhill riding very sure footed. You WILL ride faster.

For those of you worried about coming from a 26in bike...don't. Its a non issue, and I mean that whole heartedly. Where I ride we have a LOT of tight, steep switchbacks through trees and I was worried that the 29er Epic would roll better but I would have to trade off the tight stuff. Not so, it's not even an issue. I have rode the 26 epic for 5 years, and the 29er version does everything it does and so much more.

If you are looking for a full suspension 29er, like to climb and ride cross country, you really should check out the Epic 29er, it really is fun to ride.

Favorite Trail:   Lafortune's Flight

Submitted by MikeU a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2012

Strengths:    Rolls extremely well over trail chatter and small rock gardens. Carries more speed on flats and downhills than my 26er. Reasonably light weight for a 29er at this price point.

Weaknesses:    None found yet.

Bottom Line:
I am a cross country/trail rider who likes to do an occasional xc race. I ride every weekend and 1 - 2 times during the week. I was looking for an everyday bike that worked well as both a trail bike and an occasional xc race bike. This review is for a Medium frame. With crankbrothers eggbeater sl pedals the bike weighed 27.9 lbs off the showroom floor. I was skeptical of the Fastrak 2.0 front tire & Renegade 1.95 rear tire. They clearly are designed as a lighweight cross country race tire. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they gripped. The brain shock works flawlessly and soaks up the bumps, while staying stiff on the climbs.I feel like it climbs the same as my Stumpjumper 100mm fsr, but is noticeably faster on the flats, descents and anything that is rocky or trails with lots of ruts. So far I like the stock saddle, the Phenom. Even though it has less padding than my WTB Rocket V, it has turned out to be quite confortable.

Favorite Trail:   Annadel State Park

Purchased At:   Mike's Bikes of Peta

Similar Products Used:   stumpjumper m4 100mm fsr
stumpjumper m4 hardtail
gary fisher sugar 4+

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Kevin

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2012

Strengths:    Solid frame, suits larger riders, rear shock set up is a breeze. Very comfortable ride.

Weaknesses:    As with everyone else the rear hub issue is really disappointing. I've had it replaced once already and it's heading back next week for another replacement - that is with around 3 months of regular riding. The second one was picked up by the shop mechanics when they did my initial service on the bike, they were surprised when I said it had already been in once for the same thing.
A big let down on an otherwise awesome machine. You think they would have had something like this well under control or put out a product recall and put something that works on it. If it fails a third time my LBS owner will be getting a fair talking to over it and had better come good on upgrading it.
I also replaced the seat clamp with a crank brothers unit as I had issues with the seat post dropping, now it's bomb proof.
I also upgraded my handlebars, probably more to suit my own body geometry but the standard issue bars weren't too flash.

Bottom Line:
Again, apart from the hub issues I really love riding this bike. Now I have the other (minor) problems sorted I can't wait to get it out on the trails and am getting more confident with the bike so that I can tackle new and more challenging courses.

The change in riding from my old stumpy 26'er is amazing - unfortunately I can only blame me for poor riding or lack of fitness now as blaming the bike won't hold up with many.

The bike is a climbing macchine and on the downhill stretches it chews up enough bumps to keep me on track.

Submitted by Marc

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2012

Strengths:    The bike is really sturdy for it's frame. Very light

Weaknesses:    Handle bars are super thin
Tires!
Gears
Front shock doesn't completely feel locked out

Bottom Line:
This is my first Full Suspension, therefore I have a lot of riding in order to get use to it. I am 6'4 240 lbs and it holds me up well. The tires are horrible and don't grip. Handlebars are weak. When I lock out the Front shock I noticed it didn't really lock out. I don't know if it was me or if I just need to get use to the gears, but it is kinda weird. I need to take it out a few more times to get a full understand of it. I also took it to the wrong trails for its first trial run. I will try a place tomorrow that I know the trails really well. Though for the price I paid for ($2K on sale new) you can't beat it. It will require some upgrades, but with time I can make it better.

For SaLe:2012 Specialized Epic Comp 29er full suspension Bike.......$3,500

WELCOME TO SAMTECH BIKES LTD. OUR COMPANY PROMO IS ON!!!! We are liquidating our 2007,2008,2009 ,2010 and 2011 stock and we giving out big discounts now!!! BUY 4 BICYCLES AND GET ONE FREE!!! OFFER VALID WHILE STOCK LAST. SO HURRY NOW! THE SAMTECH BIKE ... Read More »

Touch up paint for 2012 epic comp 29er in red and white

Hey guys I had some problems with my frame corroding (apparently it's due to sweat) and it has caused some of my paint to flake off of the frame. I was supposed to have a one year cosmetic warranty with specialized, but they are being super lame and won't warranty it (even though it's within the ... Read More »

Roval Control SL carbon 29er vs ztr race gold on a Spesh Epic Comp Carbon EvoR

I'm down to deciding between these two rims...got any feedback??? I have only ridden on these stock rimes. Bike is a 2012 Epic CompCarbon EvoR I mostly train, but occasionally race and love to compete. Thanks for your input, mtbr gang will surely lead me in right direction!:madman:Read More »

Giant Anthem X 29er 1 vs. Specialized Epic Comp (Alloy)

Looking at new bikes to replace my 4 year old Giant Trance X, and narrowing my choices to something in the 100mm travel 29er category. I'm looking for a good "trail" bike and I also intend to do a few XC races for fun. I've ridden the Anthem X, albeit a lower specced one, and really felt good on it ... Read More »

2011 epic comp 29er good and bad

wasn't really looking for a bike but my shop is trying to goat me into a 2011 epic comp. i was curious what are some of the difference between the 2011, 2012, and 2013. good and bad don't be shy i am trying to figure out if it is worth trying to save some money on getting a deal or on a very left ov ... Read More »