Specialized Enduro Expert Carbon 29 29er Full Suspension

• Grip: Specialized Sip Grip, half-waffle aramid-infused
  • Cassette: SRAM PG-1050, 10-speed, 11-36

Submitted by Anthony a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2015

Strengths:    Downhill like no other bike I've ridden- ugly rock gardens no longer exist under this bike , lightweight,build spec is awesome

Weaknesses:    It only came in white/black. Yea, that's the only gripe-color.

Bottom Line:
Came off a 2009 enduro - what a difference! The 29" wheels make this bike feel like the ultimate all mountain rig. Descends like a madman, and allows you to be completely careless with line selection. This bike climbs very well, although the 1x11 is making me work hard with out a granny to rely on. Pike fork is stellar, came creek Db air is also an incredible shock. I am 5'8 and 155pds and have no idea why people are saying this is less "flickable". My first ride I was jumping, railing, airing rock gardens, and riding faster than ever. Weight of 2015 expert carbon with havoc carbon bars and xt clip less pedals was 28.84lbs.

Favorite Trail:   Fruita co trail systems

Purchased At:   Mojo Wheels Denver C

Similar Products Used:   2009 enduro
Ibis ripley

Bike Setup:   Stock spec (2015 enduro carbon expert)
Handlebars swapped for Easton haven carbon
Xt pedals

Submitted by Dirtsurfer a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2015

Strengths:    Super smooth descending, good climbing, excellent build quality, 1x11 fast shifts, dropper post, light for 6+" travel, rear climb mode is awesome

Weaknesses:    shows my lack of cornering ability

Bottom Line:
1st ride last night (night ride), super smooth rear suspension, climbed better than my old 5.5 EVP 26". lighter, tighter and very quiet. love the wide bar
climbed a few steep sections, better and faster, handles tight switchbacks with no issues. fast, fast fast downhiller.

Favorite Trail:   Guati

Specialized stem, 750mm handlebar
Sram Guide brakes 200/180mm rotors

Submitted by John Paterson a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2014

Strengths:    Great bike for climbing and great on the down-hill, very light and with the 1x11 less maintenance dealing a single derailleur.

Weaknesses:    I lost my granny gear so it is more of a workout on steep hills.

Bottom Line:
I switched from a 26" 2009 Specialized Enduro to the 2014 Enduro Expert and what an amazing bike. It climbs very well and I have much more control on rock garden down-hill sections. Just a joy to ride.

Favorite Trail:   Cannell Plunge, Kernville, CA

Purchased At:   Bike Bling, Escondit

Similar Products Used:   Specialized 2009 26" Enduro

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Achille

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2013

Strengths:    This bike does everything great! It shows all the advantages of 29" wheels and none of the drawbacks. Rocky, difficult sections of my favorite trails are seem much simpler and also climbing is done without effort, like a cross country bike. It is light right out of the box (12.5 Kg with light pedals). I replace the original crankset with the 28t chainring of the Sram XX1 for more agility in steep uphill.

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
The best endure/trail bile around.

Submitted by mtnbkr80015 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2013

Strengths:    This bike does everything well. The Components are great out of the box. The Command Post IR is so much smoother operating than the old style post and the new clamp is much better than the old one. I just traded in my 2013 S-Works Enduro 26er which I've had for about two months to get this bike and I couldn't be happier. The bottom bracket is lower, the chainstays are only 11mm longer than my 26er and this bike manuals with ease. All the bad traits of my 26er are corrected with this bike. It shrinks obstacles with the 29er wheels, it has the same wheelbase as my 26er but the tires grip so well that tight uphill switchbacks are a breeze. This bike is fun and playful without being nervous and twitchy like the 26er. The two by ten gearing is much better suited for my local steep and rocky terrain (Colorado Front Range) than the one by eleven gearing that the new model comes with.

Weaknesses:    This model, being an early release 2014 model, may still be spec'd with 2013 internals on the fork. What I have noticed is this fork blows through the travel unless you run far less than the recommended 30% sag which consequently makes for a less plush fork on the small bumps.

Bottom Line:
Although this bike weighs 2.5 lbs more than the 2013 S-Works Enduro Carbon 26er I just sold, the two by ten gearing with proper low range allowed me to climb some extremely steep terrain without noticing the weight penalty, and when the trail turns downhill, the confidence and control of the twenty nine inch wheels and dialed geometry leave my old bike in the dust. I have spent the last few years searching for one bike that could do it all, from full face helmet runs at the bike parks, to cross country rides with my buddies. I think I have finally found the bike I have been searching for, which should make my wife happy!

Favorite Trail:   Apex

Purchased At:   Mojo Wheels

Similar Products Used:   2013 Stumpjumper Expert Carbon 29er, 2013 S-Works Enduro Carbon 26er

Bike Setup:   Stock except for tubeless

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!