Scott Spark 930 29er Full Suspension

• Fork: FOX 32 Float 29 Evolution CTD Air, 100mm
  • Group set: Sram X7/Shimano
  • Brakes: Shimano BR-M596 Disc
  • Parts: Syncros FL1.5
  • Wheels: Syncros XR 2.5 29''

Submitted by Simon

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2014

Strengths:    Ride comfort and stiffness
Light and easy to throw around

Weaknesses:    Having to give my mates a go on it which reduces my time on it.

Bottom Line:
Have recently upgraded from a 26inch Scott hardtail to this....and there is no comparison.

The stand-out feature is the ride comfort delivered via the new rear shock. Tried last years version and the new version is so much more responsive. Combined with Scott’s Twinloc system, it gives a great flexible ride in all instances plus improves pedaling efficiency. Not being the most advanced rider, the 'pre selected' settings provide great solution.

As for the frame, it retains Scott's standard for lightness and stiffness and whilst it doesn't make you go faster - gees it looks good.

Overall two thumbs up!!

Submitted by JD

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2014

Strengths:    Quickness, agility, and handling. The wheelset, even though a bit on the weighty side, roll incredibly fast. Also, the Fox CTD suspension system is awesome...once you get used to it.

Weaknesses:    Low bottom bracket. I find myself hitting the pedals on turns that I was handling on my RM Element 26'er with no problem. Once I got use to it, no problem, but first couple rides were aggravating.

Bottom Line:
Great bike, and the deal that I got from Ride Bikes in Charleston, SC was incredible. I could not be happier with the ride, even with the low bottom bracket (me thinks this makes the handling better).

Favorite Trail:   Antying at Tsali

Purchased At:   Ride Bikes in Charle

Similar Products Used:   Yeti F.R.O., Rocky Mountain Element

Bike Setup:   Stock (OK, I added a H2O cage.

Submitted by Lando a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2013

Strengths:    Improvements from 2012 model are outstanding and expected. Spark has the latest tech. avaliable. It's like owning 3 bikes in one all on the same trail, shock tech its revalutionary. This bike is ready to race. My first all carbon frame and it feels great. I'm riding it as hard as it will go and no problems. Biggest drop yet 3 feet and im 195lbs.

Weaknesses:    26.9 lbs with pedals out of the shop, not weak but just a heads up with minor improvements sub 25 is easy. I hate buying a top end bikes and companies putting heavy sub par wheels on, they all do it!!!
Expensive up grade but will be a must over time to easily drop 1Lb, on 29er wheel weight ratio bike should handle insanly better.

Bottom Line:
This is my first XC bike in 10years of all mtn and free ride flying. The spark wants to go fast up and down. Its handles the so cal rocky tight mountain single track with little effort. This bike soaks up and rolls over most anything. The 3 different shock postion adjustments on the fly are easy to use. It will keep going up as long as u keep pedaling. I had no idea XC could be this fun.

Favorite Trail:   Knoble cyn